Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me how that doesn’t back up the point that we are far too defensive minded regardless of availability.
Considering we were competitive in those games and they were a minority of games, I kinda thing the onus is on you to show how that backs up that we are too defensive.

The Suns game particularly they flooded against us, St Kilda did it too at Optus, as did the Bulldogs at Optus and Sydney too. They weren't trying an open free flowing style against us and hampered by our style into playing the exact same way.

The teams that allowed the space and opened the ground up got torched by us - Geelong, GWS. Whenever a side backed themselves to beat us at the contest and get it outside, aside from the first quarter against the Eagles and possibly the Richmond game, we were right in it.

When a side knew they wouldn't beat us in an outside slog they put the players up at the contest and smothered ball movement.

Sydney are the club most likely to bid on Green thus GWS will only want a pick swap with Adelaide. They wont do it with Freo/Stk/Nth as too much chance Green is bid on before then.
Agreed, pick 3 is the one you want if looking to downgrade, GWS will pay handsomely for it

Mate, I get that it's natural to want the very best deal for a player, but if 12-13 is unders for Hill, and 6-8 is the correct price, then what does that make Tim Kelly?

If you get 6-8 for Hill, then you would be forking over 6-8 and 7 for Kelly.
No way Kelly is worth that much more than BHill. The difference in trade value would be minimal, especially with BHill under contract for 2 more years.

All fairly mute anyway I think our only chance for Kelly is in a Steve Bradbury scenario where the Eagles and Geelong can’t move forward and Geelong and Tim Kelly go ok lets move onto Freo. Then in that situation the best offer they will get is a single early draft pick and maybe a later swap of picks favouring Geelong.

Growing whispers that West Coast will be willing to include (along with draft picks) a decent player (ie Jack Petruccelli for eg) to make the deal for Kelly happen.

St Kilda and Adelaide are keen on swapping their early picks for multiple picks and the main (and really only club) with that realistic option right now is GWS. If Coniglio goes to Carlton/Hawks then as they stand today GWS would have 12,13,14. They would want to get the earliest pick (and ahead of SYDNEY) so Adelaide will win out.

St Kilda will want some sort of pick before 50 odd so maybe a deal like

BHill, 26>5, 2020 2nd round

Then it is up to us to get back into the 2019 2nd round (perhaps SHill can help us there) and we can use one of our 2020 2nd round picks to trade in a good player from another club.

Do not want Kelly . He does not want to be here. Take Pick 6 to draft and get local boy Jackson or Robertson ( Altho we all know they will get a skinny HFF from Vic Metro)

I'm not "taking the piss" at all mate.

BF supporters generally overprice outgoing players and underprice incoming players, and I reckon that's where you're coming from.

Hills worth a pick in the 12-15 range, and what's more Freo will do that trade if they are in the Kelly market, and any close comparison with Hill & Kelly is ridiculous.
How’s LDU going mate ?... Still tearing it up in the seconds??..😂

So out of that Ralph crapola, 2 out of the top 5 want to leave from Freo!!
If you believe it, we are in crisis!!

Questions need to be asked about whether his more recent form is a result of being figured out or if the media haven't been so excited by watching him kick long forward when they see where it ends up.
Danger has lifted - they rarely both play a good game at the same time

Also had a fair few tags down the stretch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If for some reason the Cats are absolutely desperate for a ruck and see Darcy as the 2nd coming and say Kelly is ours for Darcy and a 2nd, do we do it?
We would be stuffed. Lobb hanging back on the wing to intercept the quick kick forward will be a prime target for a key forward knee if he is our only ruck. Literally, our only AFL ruck on the list.

Melbourne got Darcy like this earlier in the year.

We would be stuffed. Lobb hanging back on the wing to intercept the quick kick forward will be a prime target for a key forward knee if he is our only ruck. Literally, our only AFL ruck on the list.
Plenty of clubs seem to manage with meh rucks. Geelong are 2nd on the ladder, Eagles turned Hickey into a very useful ruckman somehow.

Grab Jackson in the draft and make due with Lobb and some dude playing 2nd fiddle at a different club

Considering we were competitive in those games and they were a minority of games, I kinda thing the onus is on you to show how that backs up that we are too defensive.

The Suns game particularly they flooded against us, St Kilda did it too at Optus, as did the Bulldogs at Optus and Sydney too. They weren't trying an open free flowing style against us and hampered by our style into playing the exact same way.

The teams that allowed the space and opened the ground up got torched by us - Geelong, GWS. Whenever a side backed themselves to beat us at the contest and get it outside, aside from the first quarter against the Eagles and possibly the Richmond game, we were right in it.

When a side knew they wouldn't beat us in an outside slog they put the players up at the contest and smothered ball movement.

Got it. The second half is due to injuries and the first half was because the opposition stifled our natural run and carry. Man the opposition/injuries have really hampered Ross throughout his career.

Any other excuses?

If for some reason the Cats are absolutely desperate for a ruck and see Darcy as the 2nd coming and say Kelly is ours for Darcy and a 2nd, do we do it?

Darcy has been really impressive playing a role he has minimal experience in the last month
We would really regret it, put all the time into a ruck only to see them go...Darcy will be very good in 3 or 4 years if he gets a couple of decent pre-seasons.

John Ralph was suggesting before the Geelong game that he would request a trade to Geelong at half time. Geelong desperately need a ruck and he is from nearby. Straight line drawn.

I’ve heard people say he might be involved in a Kelly trade, but I can’t see him asking for a trade.
Clear n1 ruck at Freo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back