Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would still prefer to have kept Strnadica over Jones, he competes well he just looks way too slow.

I’d say we’re gonna keep only one of Meek and Jones as they’re the same type of ruckman, Darcy being the long-term first choice.
Can we stfu about him already. Im sorry, but every single peel game i saw with him i was constantly shocked at how someone with such a good contested mark could be such a liability. He would take one and then take 20 seconds to decide where to kick it and by then the options would all be gone, sick of hearing about how we shouldn't of delisted him because he's at the back of a long list

Yeah I really like the idea of putting Meek on the rookie list, give Jones 1 year and then forget about our ruck stocks for now. No need to be spending picks on average ruck options when we could be spending them on average midfield options.

Scotty did his chances no harm tonight. 24 hitouts, 14 possessions, 4 tackles and was a physical presence.

Commentary team spoke about him half a dozen times all declaring he’s talented, has a future in the afl. In saying that they said he needs a big pre season of running which I agree on.

The only negativity I’ve read about him was a few on here?

Can we stfu about him already. Im sorry, but every single peel game i saw with him i was constantly shocked at how someone with such a good contested mark could be such a liability. He would take one and then take 20 seconds to decide where to kick it and by then the options would all be gone, sick of hearing about how we shouldn't of delisted him because he's at the back of a long list
Well nah forums exist to specifically discuss things like this, he was better for East Freo this year, crazy how a young ruckman can improve.

he went at 83% second behind Hamling who went at 91%
Disposal efficiency is an overrated stat that really doesn’t tell the full story about a player and their disposal

Disposal efficiency is an overrated stat that really doesn’t tell the full story about a player and their disposal
Maybe but having Grey kick 5 doesn't help the team either. Singling him out in this game is unfair. Our disposal, handling, etc etc etc was poor across the board. I don't know if he will make it but he has been jerked around a lot in selection. I can't imagine what his confidence levels are like

Where did this talk of Darcy to Geelong come from?
Just talk - this time of year a few names get thrown around and sometimes BS starts to grow legs. I wouldn’t worry about Darcy he will be no. 1 ruck with support from big Lobb.

Strnadica - he is gone. Need to get over that. Is battling away in the WAFL. I’ve turned around on Jones for 1 more year. But if he wants to make a genuine fist of his gig he really needs to get himself fitter still. The five games he got given in 2018 were a Bradbury scenario so I wouldn’t hold any weight with that.

Give Jones 1 year and delist Meek to be re-signed as a rookie, where he can continue to develop along with Dillon O’Reilly. If neither come one in 2020 they are gone.

I’m sorry but I don’t see a future in AFL for Nyhuis. Duman is going backwards. Had a few terrible moments in that last quarter. That deliberate out of bounds was terrible. Felt he could really of marked the ball and then inexplicably just jogged along tapping the ball to the boundary. Why not try to mark or at least run full tilt to keep the ball in and attack. Wasn’t a good look - I turned off the TV at that point.

What about Meek then? People who have been down to Mandurah more than me can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the general opinion was that Meek had been performing a little better than Jones at Peel (though neither really standing out).

To be honest with four already gone we can probably afford to keep both if we lose a number of players like is being reported and decide to cut a few other under-performers. But would we need both as back up when they are pretty definitely covering for a Darcy injury? Couldn't see any of those three playing together.

Yes a bit too that....Meek primarily under the shadow of Jones until Jones got injured. Meek stepped up and improved quickly over a few weeks and was performing better than Jones, especially in the excellent game he played when he copped a serious foot injury at the end. Lyon virtually indicated in the after match interview of the Dockers game that Meek was close to getting go on the back of his improvement and form and was a real shame. Thing is I guess until they get a run in AFL it's hard to really say whether they may cut it. Tobe Watson another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry but I don’t see a future in AFL for Nyhuis. Duman is going backwards. Had a few terrible moments in that last quarter. That deliberate out of bounds was terrible. Felt he could really of marked the ball and then inexplicably just jogged along tapping the ball to the boundary. Why not try to mark or at least run full tilt to keep the ball in and attack. Wasn’t a good look - I turned off the TV at that point.
Duman did the exact same thing last week and was extremely lucky to not get pinned. His last few weeks have been horrendous, whereas earlier in the season I thought that he would be cemented in the Best 22 for years to come. His polish and skill has dropped off drastically. Maybe he needs Wilson and Ryan back.

Duman did the exact same thing last week and was extremely lucky to not get pinned. His last few weeks have been horrendous, whereas earlier in the season I thought that he would be cemented in the Best 22 for years to come. His polish and skill has dropped off drastically. Maybe he needs Wilson and Ryan back.

That sort of defense is seriously just so bad. It’s not hard to make it look like you’re trying to keep it in. He’s so dumb and in my opinion has played his last AFL game.

We can probably only have 1 of Nyhuis, Logue, Duman and Hughes playing. When full strength it’s probably Logue.

Back 6 should be Pearce, Hamling, Ryan, Wilson, Conca, Logue

Hughes first cover.

Duman deep deep cover. Nyhuis to only play if we have 13 injuries.

That sort of defense is seriously just so bad. It’s not hard to make it look like you’re trying to keep it in. He’s so dumb and in my opinion has played his last AFL game.

We can probably only have 1 of Nyhuis, Logue, Duman and Hughes playing. When full strength it’s probably Logue.

Back 6 should be Pearce, Hamling, Ryan, Wilson, Conca, Logue

Hughes first cover.

Duman deep deep cover. Nyhuis to only play if we have 13 injuries.
It's interesting because prior to a few weeks back I saw Duman as someone who was generally pretty smart with his ball use and decision-making, at least when compared to guys like Hamling, Logue, Hughes and Conca, but now I'm not so sure. Still young so has plenty of time to fix that up

We will need 7 defenders each week so I would have that 6 that you mentioned with Hughes/Duman as the 7th. In a perfect world Conca isn't even in the side as he isn't good enough as a midfielder and is too much of a liability in defence. But at the same time, don't want to see Cerra and Blakely in defence next year either

It's interesting because prior to a few weeks back I saw Duman as someone who was generally pretty smart with his ball use and decision-making, at least when compared to guys like Hamling, Logue, Hughes and Conca, but now I'm not so sure. Still young so has plenty of time to fix that up

We will need 7 defenders each week so I would have that 6 that you mentioned with Hughes/Duman as the 7th. In a perfect world Conca isn't even in the side as he isn't good enough as a midfielder and is too much of a liability in defence. But at the same time, don't want to see Cerra and Blakely in defence next year either

Maybe Carter for some more dash off half back? Stephen Hill if not injured?

Redman if rumours prove accurate?

Jones really surprised. He can compete in the ruck. Ruck only though. Anywhere else he's a liability. Can't have him with Darcy next season
laid a few good tackles, i though he competed really well! earned a year for sure, would be very suprised if he was delisted.
Can see him spending quite a few years on the list in a Jon Griffin/Fraser McInnes type of scenario where we keep him as cover without him playing many games.

Tbh I thought he was a surprise around the ground. Would you be happy to keep him as depth?

I want to see a few of our players under a new fitness regime.

IMO we value size over pace too much. Players like Jones and Lachie Schultz have lost a yard of pace since coming here...and watching Neale yesterday he looked like he'd gained some.

Watch the pace Mayne showed to set up Elliot's goal on Friday night. was like watching a different player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back