Not open for further replies.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's number 5 here.

This was in the winner takes all championship game as well...

Don't know if it is just me but there seems to be a greater spread of talent in the WA squad 2019 year than many past. That quarter of highlights Pina, Garcia, Ruscoe, Jye Jackson, G- Barass, Jamieson and others all showed a bit to go with Taylor, L Jackson, Robertson, Sharp and of course King Henry.

What was interesting was Hayden Young's quarter of footy. Very ordinary- they'll want to hide that one from any highlights.

Don't know if it is just me but there seems to be a greater spread of talent in the WA squad 2019 year than many past. That quarter of highlights Pina, Garcia, Ruscoe, Jye Jackson, G- Barass, Jamieson and others all showed a bit to go with Taylor, L Jackson, Robertson, Sharp and of course King Henry.

What was interesting was Hayden Young's quarter of footy. Very ordinary- they'll want to hide that one from any highlights.
I do find it funny when people bang on about this amazing kick he had in the last quarter. Had a very poor game for the 1st three quarters which doesnt get mentioned much

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seen snippets of Western. Not enough to make too much comment but boy is he quick. Summary of game on weekend:

Peel Thunder 8.15 (63) defeated Claremont 4.5 (29)
Peel Thunder is the first team into the 2019 WAFL Colts Grand Final after a 34-point win against Claremont at Revo Fitness Stadium on Sunday morning.

A unique first quarter saw Peel kick six straight behinds, but remarkably managed to keep their opponents scoreless and led by that margin at quarter time. The inaccuracy continued in the second term, with a mixture of rushed behinds and missed shots at goal. The Tigers made the most of limited opportunities to stay in the game. Just before half-time, Connor Heuer was able to finally put the ball in between the big two sticks and break the drought. While Peel well and truly had the running of the game in a number of key areas, you wondered whether the old adage ‘bad kicking is bad football’ would come into play.

However the minor premiers were able to break the game open in the third term by kicking four goals to two with key forward Ben Middleton and classy small forward Tyrone Thorne kicking two each. They continued to be in the ascendency in the final term, kicking another three without reply and wrapping up a convincing victory.

Taking everything into account, Claremont did very well to still be in the contest as long as they were. Peel had almost double the amount of inside 50s (57-29) which led to 14 more scoring shots (23-9). They also had 66 more disposals (332-266).

Tyrone Thorne was exceptional with the state U18s representative having 25 disposals, seven tackles, six marks and three goals. Jarvis Pina was equally influential with the midfielder collecting 25 disposals and nine marks, while Bradley Oldfield produced his consummate performance with 21 disposals and nine tackles. For the Tigers who will now face the Falcons for the second time in a fortnight, it was Joel Western with 24 disposals, seven tackles and five inside 50s, while the blooming talents of Callum Jamieson were again on show with 18 disposals, six marks and 26 hit outs.

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not watched him going off others, have you got to watch him?

Yes, small, exceedingly quick, and fit, know how to find the pill. Would be good if he was a bit taller.

Still time to grow though.

ddf9f939afbc9261c8bc80b2c14b2cbc.jpg

Last edited:

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Goldstein re-signing with North Melbourne I’m worried Geelong will go after Sean Darcy now. We really don’t have any cover in the Ruck and we shouldn’t expect Lobb to be anything more than a back up Ruck.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Goldstein re-signing with North Melbourne I’m worried Geelong will go after Sean Darcy now. We really don’t have any cover in the Ruck and we shouldn’t expect Lobb to be anything more than a back up Ruck.
They can go after him and we can say thanks but no thanks.

Sean Darcy is coming along well but he is still a work in progress. Geelong need someone now. There is still Ryder and Jacobs on the market who are prob a better fit. Either way not bothered as Darcy is under contract and with Sandy leaving he won’t be going anywhere.

I see a very good ruck combination between he and Lobb. Lobb showed enough as a high marking fwd who is able to ruck in the fwd half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
I do find it funny when people bang on about this amazing kick he had in the last quarter. Had a very poor game for the 1st three quarters which doesnt get mentioned much

Thought exactly the same thing.
That one kick was daring and it came off - that time.
During the game in my opinion he was bog average- especially in the first half when WA belted them.
It’s funny how the Vic media talk him up on one act, Pina, Garcia, Henry and Roberton were absolute stand outs in that game.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Two first rounders and I'd let them take Darcy. Pick 14 this year and something similar next year.

Our best footy this year was with Lobb as the primary ruck. I'm probably more bullish on Meek than most and we could use pick 14 on Luke Jackson.

Yep, if they pay a high price I’d be fine with it.

Can grab a delisted stop gap or a state ruck while someone like Jackson develops

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
we need Langdon's manager to have a chat with Gold Coast about the lifestyle & $ up there :moustache:

Jun 4, 2008
Kardinya
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a story that Hardie & Hagdorn have both mentioned this week, saying that a certain high profile player at Dockers has pi55ed off the player group & that Freo are considering trading the player out. Hagdorn was reluctant to go into specifics (on personal grounds), but said that he wanted to break it if it develops into a trade story. Does anyone know anything?
(& yes i know - its a crumpet / Hardie story so may well be BS, but they've been pretty strong on it)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a story that Hardie & Hagdorn have both mentioned this week, saying that a certain high profile player at Dockers has pi55ed off the player group & that Freo are considering trading the player out. Hagdorn was reluctant to go into specifics (on personal grounds), but said that he wanted to break it if it develops into a trade story. Does anyone know anything?
(& yes i know - its a crumpet / Hardie story so may well be BS, but they've been pretty strong on it)

They'd be on the money. We don't have many high profile players so it shouldn't be hard to narrow it down.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
You listen to those muppets.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
They'd be on the money. We don't have many high profile players so it shouldn't be hard to narrow it down.

Fyfe, Walters, B.Hill, Hogan or they're using 'high profile' in the same way the afl website uses 'star player'.

And I am in no way saying its one of those 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back