Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moving away briefly from Blakely/Langdon

A couple of players we have been linked with playing this weekend:
- Tim Kelly (Geelong)
- Quinton Narkle (Geelong)
- Nick Robertson (Brisbane)

Lowkey though, since when did Ed even have a GF? Never posted anything about it, never spoke about it, never been reported - can't have been that serious of a relationship? Likely just another BS BigFooty rumour so cool your jets on the accusations

Lowkey though, since when did Ed even have a GF? Never posted anything about it, never spoke about it, never been reported - can't have been that serious of a relationship? Likely just another BS BigFooty rumour so cool your jets on the accusations
Pretty sure he's taken the same girl to the last two Doig Medals, but I could be wrong. Could be just a friend. :shrug:

Nah is all a joke...Connor took Ed's surfboard he left behind and spent the day and night with it...it all fits. That's the girlfriend 🤣

Geez, if you think sleeping with your mates ex, just 3 weeks after breaking up is fine, then that's seriously messed up bro. Never do that to a mate. Seems like the players agree

I’ll settle this. It’s not technically a dog act if they’ve broken up, but you shouldn’t bang your mates ex as a rule I reckon. It’s effectively like putting it out there that you’ve been waiting for them to break up so you could move in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll settle this. It’s not technically a dog act if they’ve broken up, but you shouldn’t bang your mates ex as a rule I reckon. It’s effectively like putting it out there that you’ve been waiting for them to break up so you could move in.
The Garry Lyon rule?

More negatives than positives when it comes to blakely these days.

Goldcoast come get him.
Is there any suggestion that they’re into him?

Also this may explain some of the unnecessary concerns regarding Langdon’s no-show for whatever post season shenanigans the club got up to in the days following the Port loss.

Last edited:
I know it is only a rumour, but can’t see how anyone can defend blakely if true. It isn’t a gender thing or “owning the woman” would be exactly the same if the same thing happened in aflw with an ex male partner. It’s just not the right thing to do to a mate. How do we know Langdon didn’t still have feelings for her, even if not openly admitting it? Unless I am wildly out of touch with the younger generation

I know it is only a rumour, but can’t see how anyone can defend blakely if true. It isn’t a gender thing or “owning the woman” would be exactly the same if the same thing happened in aflw with an ex male partner. It’s just not the right thing to do to a mate. How do we know Langdon didn’t still have feelings for her, even if not openly admitting it? Unless I am wildly out of touch with the younger generation

Agreed, if this is true and it is a contributing factor to Ed looking at other options he can * off.

Irrespective if whether him moving on allows for Ed to reconsider i'd be happy to see the back of him if this is his character.

Hypothetically say it is true. It does show a glimpse of Connors attitude at times; selfish.

He took off surfing with mates after leaving the club early because he was "ill" and now banging a mates ex; not to mention mates aside this is also a professional working enviroment.

Just poor form from all angles.

Hypothetically say it is true. It does show a glimpse of Connors attitude at times; selfish.

He took off surfing with mates after leaving the club early because he was "ill" and now banging a mates ex; not to mention mates aside this is also a professional working enviroment.

Use your brain and look elsewhere.

Are we hearing ourselves? All this whispers and rumour mongering is hardly mature or thinking of others. Yet there's plenty making their minds up acting as judge, jury and executioner based on fourth-hand innuendo.

Who knows whether anything at all happened. And if it did who knows the circumstances. Just maybe Langdon mistreated his girlfriend and Blakely had genuine feelings for her. Who knows. It's logical and adult to consider there is more than one possible explanation.

The surfing thing is a classic feeling over facts example. Blakely missed no training. He complained of feeling sick, saw the doc and left the club to go on his prescheduled RDO weekend. I'm pretty sure the facts are he didn't go surfing until the next day, but that broke a technicality in terms of the players injury/illness policy then escalated by an overzealous new young leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back