Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it contracts mean squat. Heck there is even talk about Blakely leaving only months after re-signing. Even looking at BHill he has two years remaining and Gus Brayshaw actually has another three years.

Anyway my main point was covered earlier that his Vic girlfriend’s legendary father passed away and if you read the article the likes of Gary Lyon are calling on Brayshaw to be a rock for the Frawley girls. So this in addition with the fact that he is a Vic boy and re-resigned a 4-year extension in 2018 equals no go.

Yeah I fully expect it to be almost impossible but the shedding of Frost surely wouldnt help them got Whitfield. Would save them what, 400k a year, he's not worth much more than that. Given their history, he's also one you'd imagine they need to keep so its a strange one to me.

Shedding one of their 4 quality inside mids make more sense to me but what would I know
I like the thinking and agree Frost leaving isn’t going to help them greatly. Perhaps Jesse Hogan could enlighten Belly on who to potentially target. I had a look through the list and Jayden Hunt and James Harmes were two names that came to mind. Gary Lyon is calling for them to give Tomlinson a miss and focus all in Whitfield for 2020. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I like the thinking and agree Frost leaving isn’t going to help them greatly. Perhaps Jesse Hogan could enlighten Belly on who to potentially target. I had a look through the list and Jayden Hunt and James Harmes were two names that came to mind. Gary Lyon is calling for them to give Tomlinson a miss and focus all in Whitfield for 2020. Will be interesting to see what happens.
If you think Ed's kicking is bad you'll absolutely love Hunt.

Harmes is a good player. Solid B grader.

If you think Ed's kicking is bad you'll absolutely love Hunt.

Harmes is a good player. Solid B grader.
Will take your word. I haven’t seen a lot of him. One game he lined up for a crucial long goal and the commentators said he was no chance and he nailed it. But I do remember lots of turnover field kicking.

My preference is use the draft pick.

Of the B-graders Nick Robertson, Blake Acres, Kamdyn McIntosh and Sam Powell-Pepper. I feel Blake Acres has shown the most.

Best outcome is we get Acres relatively cheap and keep Blakely (sort out the issues).

Will take your word. I haven’t seen a lot of him. One game he lined up for a crucial long goal and the commentators said he was no chance and he nailed it. But I do remember lots of turnover field kicking.

My preference is use the draft pick.

Of the B-graders Nick Robertson, Blake Acres, Kamdyn McIntosh and Sam Powell-Pepper. I feel Blake Acres has shown the most.

Best outcome is we get Acres relatively cheap and keep Blakely (sort out the issues).
Being kind to some of those players re B grade rating.

Wilson can be moved to the wing to cover for one of Hill/Langdon. He's not a defender anyway, so it should result in an improved output from him. That would leave us with a back 6 of:

Logue Hamling Carter
Ryan Pearce Mundy

Tucker has the pace and disposal (as evidenced by his performance in the GF sprint) to cover the other wing.

That might even be better wings than we had this year, considering Langdon was a liability.

Personally, I think you have to be a pretty grubby person to create and spread rumours like the one that has been spread regarding blakely. Absolutely tacky and shows no class whatsoever.

I think it's very weird how quickly quite a few were convinced it was true and not only that were happy to speculate on on a whole bunch of 'details'.

Who knows whats true and whats not but it was only a few months ago that anyone suggesting anything bad about Ross was shouted down but now a half reliable story is enough to sell Blakely down the river.

Weird.

Being kind to some of those players re B grade rating.
Yes indeed - I’ll take your point onboard. Robertson would be a C-minus. Not sure where to grade SPP - showed a bit in year one but bog ordinary the season just gone (C-plus). Blakely and Acres are B grade rating.

I think it's very weird how quickly quite a few were convinced it was true and not only that were happy to speculate on on a whole bunch of 'details'.

Who knows whats true and whats not but it was only a few months ago that anyone suggesting anything bad about Ross was shouted down but now a half reliable story is enough to sell Blakely down the river.

Weird.
Perhaps. I think it's that the same rumour (Blakely <> Langdon) popped up across multiple different sources at the same time that gave it wings. It doesn't help that it's reported that Blakely has been offered up in trade

Certainly not a case of trying to make it look like they important and knowledgeable people with connections inside the club.

It's equally possible that people have heard things legitimately. You don't know who people know

It's equally possible that people have heard things legitimately. You don't know who people know

Absolutely, but usually the people that legitimately know things tend not to blab on an internet forum to look cool.

It's not the best analogy to use given the context, but it's like sex: The ones that talk about it aren't having any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if it's that unusual. Were a bunch of people passionate about our club. So we discuss things related to the club - whether the source is the club, the media, other supporters

I don't know if it's much different to discussing a rumour in the media - it's just that the source is a personal connection for someone

If this and the new coach thread are anything to go by it's going to be a really long off season, and it kind of hasn't even started yet.

...and so a thought before we spend the next six months eating our own :).

(and yeah that really is how far away round one is.)

Oh man, sure is fun being called grubby and classless for sharing and expanding on something that I didn’t bring up in the first place. Never mind the fact that I had heard the rumor weeks before it was brought up in here but didn’t say anything.

For the record, I joined a discussion group a while ago and they talk about rumours and things, there is a lot of suff that I don’t put here because I have no way of knowing it’s true. I have posted two rumours from that board.

1) Worsefold was leaving Essendon regardless of the finals result. After I posted several media people said the same thing, the whole succession thing then comes out so there’s seems to have been something behind it that wasn’t complete bs

2) The Blakely thing. Hackdorn mentions it, someone here asks, I say what it is. Media says we are happy to trade Blakely despite just re-signing, read into it what you will.

I have apologised to people privately for talking about said rumour and promised I would not talk about it anymore but my ego won’t let me not-so-subtly be called things and do nothing.

For what it’s worth, my understanding is that an online supporters discussion forum is for discussing everything to do with your club. I would personally love more people posting rumours they were confident about, getting trade info first is one of the main reason I love bf. However, I can understand that in the age of social media, negative rumours even in a semi closed space like this can have consequences so I’ll personally refrain from posting and discussing negative ones.

Have a great day everyone, sorry for the rant and tangent. Move to another thread Taylor if that’s required

Last edited:
Oh man, sure is fun being called grubby and classless for sharing and expanding on something that I didn’t bring up in the first place. Never mind the fact that I had heard the rumor weeks before it was brought up in here but didn’t say anything.

For the record, I joined a discussion group a while ago and they talk about rumours and things, there is a lot of rubbish that I don’t put here because I have no way of knowing it’s true. I have posted two rumours from that board.

1) Worsefold was leaving Essendon regardless of the finals result. After I posted several media people said the same thing, the whole succession thing then comes out so there’s seems to have been something behind it that wasn’t complete bs

2) The Blakely thing. Hackdorn mentions it, someone here asks, I say what it is. Media says we are happy to trade Blakely despite just re-signing, read into it what you will.

I have apologised to people privately for talking about said rumour and promised I would not talk about it anymore but my ego won’t let me not-so-subtly be called things and do nothing.

For what it’s worth, my understanding is that an online supporters discussion forum is for discussing everything to do with your club. I would personally love more people posting rumours they were confident about, getting trade info first is one of the main reason I love bf. However, I can understand that in the age of social media, negative rumours even in a semi closed space like this can have consequences so I’ll personally refrain from posting and discussing negative ones.

Have a great day everyone, sorry for the rant and tangent. Move to another thread Taylor if that’s required

I didn't think you necessarily did anything wrong but I was more questioning the people who were happy to take what you said and roll with it further.

Last edited:

For the record, I joined a discussion group a while ago and they talk about rumours and things, there is a lot of suff that I don’t put here because I have no way of knowing it’s true. I have posted two rumours from that board.

Tbh I’m not sure what your apologising for? This is a discussion forum & rightly or wrongly campaigners will agree or disagree.
I’ve noticed being on here for a small period of time that some campaigners just sit in hiding waiting to cut down others opinions without offering up their own theories first.
It’s up to you to work out who’s replies you value & who’s you don’t. Ignore the rest & don’t take it personally or you’ll never post again.

I'd take McIntosh. Has shown a fair bit at different times, is tough and has decent skills. Not sure where he'd fit in, but he's better than Colyer, Kersten and Anthony, more durable than Bennell and Gumbleton, less of a dick than (the late - RIP) Sylvia. Worth a gamble for a later pick IMO.

I have no problem people mentioning what they hear. They should also not be criticised for it either. People can choose to believe or not believe it is up to them.

What really annoys me and it is on here and useless media is the creation of sensationalised information. Where someone’s reported information gets changed completely to suit an agenda.

For e.g. there is definitely some smoke to the Blakely stuff. I have been open to trade activities involving Blakely but it is more than likely that differences can be sorted and he remains.

What started out as a possible fling with another player’s ex developed rather quickly to an affair with that said player’s girlfriend causing them to break up and this player to request a trade and the other to be traded for a packet of chips ASAP.

Maybe it is a response to your blue stripe, but it is all silly and part of the nasty side of this site. We pretty much lost our pre-season training reports from similar behavior. With the club in a bit of upheaval and re-generation posters are perhaps a bit more emotional than usual, plus it seems to have drawn in a few new posters with the quite specific opinion that Sumich is the way forward. This Board has cycles, and this is not the happiest cycle it has been in.

We could do with a stupidly genius wizard footballer who will make us cheer at the genius, cry at the mistakes or simply laugh at the stupidity...trying to think of examples..Mark Jackson comes to mind....Tobi Green....Ballas was up there...
Hard to go passed Keplar.

I know the likes of Mcintosh, Narkle, Ah Chee and Acres have been thrown around particularly as a potential Blakely replacement if he leaves or just to add depth to the list.

However rumours around Constable seem to be persisting, I personally can't understand why there aren't clubs interested in him if he's gettable. Is anyone aware of any knocks on him?

I know it's outside of our usual recruiting strategy seeing as he's a vic boy but he's reportedly great mates with Brayshaw and personally see plenty of upside in him. From the little glimpses I've seen I'd say his at least as good as Blakely with the benefit of time to develop on his side. Would anyone be keen on him? What would his value be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back