Status
Not open for further replies.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I remember reading an afl.com article at the start of this year that talked about how Constable and Brayshaw spent the whole off season running together. Seems to me like the young fella is willing to well and truly do the work to improve his efforts on the spread.

He gets good numbers as you say and he's shown he's willing to do the necessary work, sounds like a bloke who's worth a crack at the right price. A lot more appeal than anyone else we're into imo
Not sure about this Constable fella but Liam Stocker from Carlton drafted at Pick 19 in 2018 ND did exactly that see link below:

Has Brayshaw got a running club going on? If so I like the idea of him hand selecting the best ones.

Has Brayshaw got a running club going on? If so I like the idea of him hand selecting the best ones.

Ummmm Koops what's the first rule of run club?

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Usain Bolt didn’t have to train?

Speed like endurance can be trained. Genetically some have a highest ceiling than others but it definitely can be improved

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Compare sprinters training with long distance training.

Quickness can be improved but only by margins.

Endurance can be increase massively by work loads.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is coachable if he wants to be coached.

Finding the pill, is a bit harder to coach for.
Their is reason Constable dropped from a first rounder to a late second rounder.

Constables numbers were always high but the combined showed is lack of quickness.

Sure, you can teach players to be more accountable but quickness is something else.

ripstickboiz

Rookie
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure about this Constable fella but Liam Stocker from Carlton drafted at Pick 19 in 2018 ND did exactly that see link below:

Can't link the article because of my ancient phone but the article about Constable's rising star nom talked about how he and Brayshaw went through "arduous" gym and running sessions 6 days a week over the off season and returned to pre season in tip top shape.

Agree there's a lot of Barlow about him

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't link the article because of my ancient phone but the article about Constable's rising star nom talked about how he and Brayshaw went through "arduous" gym and running sessions 6 days a week over the off season and returned to pre season in tip top shape.

Agree there's a lot of Barlow about him
This one?

Set the aim of improving his fitness and running capacity, Constable and best mate Andy Brayshaw, the Fremantle midfielder, completed arduous running and gym sessions six days a week in the off-season.

afl.com.au/news/2019-04-01/brutal-preseason-helps-chook-nab-rising-star-nom

ripstickboiz

Rookie
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
This one?

Set the aim of improving his fitness and running capacity, Constable and best mate Andy Brayshaw, the Fremantle midfielder, completed arduous running and gym sessions six days a week in the off-season.

afl.com.au/news/2019-04-01/brutal-preseason-helps-chook-nab-rising-star-nom
That's the one, cheers mate

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the discount, what pick does he have to get to so our 2nd covers him?
Depends on our second pick. Thomas will get bid before Henry and it is unknown at the moment.

Pick 24 is worth 785 points.

Discount is 20%.

Pick 18 with the discount is 788 points.

If Langdon goes for pick 20 that is worth 912 points.

With the discount pick 20 is worth between 14 and 15.

ripstickboiz

Rookie
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Depends on our second pick. Thomas will get bid before Henry and it is unknown at the moment.

Pick 24 is worth 785 points.

Discount is 20%.

Pick 18 with the discount is 788 points.

If Langdon goes for pick 20 that is worth 912 points.

With the discount pick 20 is worth between 14 and 15.
Turning Langdon into Henry is a pretty decent outcome.

ripstickboiz

Rookie
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
If it's getting near or after pick 15 and a bid hasn't yet come on Jackson, what do we reckon the odds are of freo trading a future pick or some of our later picks to get back in there and snap him up?

Probably largely dependent on a bid for Henry but it's surely possible to trade our way back in. Would love to hear from anyone with more knowledge on the mechanisms of the draft on the likelihood of this eventuating and some possible trade options. Can't imagine many clubs that would trade out of that range in this yeae's draft

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Turning Langdon into Henry is a pretty decent outcome.
Yep been saying this for about the last two months. This is honestly how everyone should view the trade for Langdon. It will end up being pick 21 or possibly pick 22 (if B. Ellis gets Richmond a Band 2 compo pick). Even 22 down to bid match of around 14-16 with 20% discount will work out fine.

Langdon is a swap as you say for Liam Henry. Needs time in the gym does young Henry but from what I’ve seen his foot skills leave Langdon for dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back