Keeper Lg. 2019 List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I will, but is there some rules/sportsmanship around tanking? Like if we have players playing, we play them yeah? Or else if you're rebuilding you could just go with empty line ups for the whole year?
Its definitely bad sportsmanship. Nothing wrong with investing purely in youth like I've done if you can stand being completely non competitive for a couple of years. But leaving your lineup empty def goes against the idea of healthy competition.

Its definitely bad sportsmanship. Nothing wrong with investing purely in youth like I've done if you can stand being completely non competitive for a couple of years. But leaving your lineup empty def goes against the idea of healthy competition.

Yeah just wanted to ask. Last thing you want is people scrambling for pick 1 and creating the biggest non-fixtures by playing half a line-up just because. Different if you don't have the player obviously, but no dramas. Will be fielding 22 each week.

Not that I will, but is there some rules/sportsmanship around tanking? Like if we have players playing, we play them yeah? Or else if you're rebuilding you could just go with empty line ups for the whole year?

Thankfully UF are ahead of this. League admins have the ability to force update teams/results so even if you tried to tank UC can go in and put your players in and update the result.

That said, just don't be silly. We all forget to make moves on a Thursday night lock out or leave ourselves a player short because we didnt swap the right emergency in. Leaving a full team of donuts is going to be pretty obvious.

There's no specific rule but it would be frowned upon if you have playing options sitting on the bench and leave a best 22 position blank that could've had a score.
Pretty sure there is a rule actually, if yuu don’t field your best team or don’t field players who play and field donuts it’s straight up expulsion.

Not that anyone would do that, no issue with hitting the draft hard and trading all your established players if that is your strategy, I did that and deeman definitely did that.

There's no specific rule but it would be frowned upon if you have playing options sitting on the bench and leave a best 22 position blank that could've had a score.
I'm disappointed Rockford I thought you knew the rulebook inside-out.

Rule 3 under miscellaneous items mentions

Section V - Miscellaneous Items
3. The act of "throwing games" (losing on purpose by turning in a lineup filled of players that normally would not play) is not tolerated in the BigFooty Dynasty. In every instance where a team has found to intentionally lose a game by submitting a bogus lineup, that owner will immediately be REMOVED from the league in question. When other instances arise, teams will be REMOVED the moment the indiscretions are discovered, whether they happened this year or in a previous year.
The REMOVAL involves the leagues in question only. After one year has passed, the offending owner has the opportunity to apply for reinstatement to that league.

I'm disappointed Rockford I thought you knew the rulebook inside-out.

Rule 3 under miscellaneous items mentions

Section V - Miscellaneous Items
3. The act of "throwing games" (losing on purpose by turning in a lineup filled of players that normally would not play) is not tolerated in the BigFooty Dynasty. In every instance where a team has found to intentionally lose a game by submitting a bogus lineup, that owner will immediately be REMOVED from the league in question. When other instances arise, teams will be REMOVED the moment the indiscretions are discovered, whether they happened this year or in a previous year.
The REMOVAL involves the leagues in question only. After one year has passed, the offending owner has the opportunity to apply for reinstatement to that league.
Was just about to post this! Good work drew

Geelong West Sparrows keeping the trade block moving. Larkey, Schache, Powell, Guthrie available in the name of list management.

Looking for defenders or draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, well done coaches!

So from now, all picks from the first four rounds of both the 2020 draft and the 2021 future draft can be traded, no future pick restrictions like previous years.

Unknown Caller can you change the rules page to reflect this?

I will post a new 'draft pick trade tracker over the weekend.

In the meantime..

Trade Alert!
Warriors receive Jeremy Howe

Hot Jams receive: Brandan Matara, Tributes 2nd round draft pick, Richcogs 3rd round draft pick and LWP 4th round draft pick.

azza77 to confirm.

Last edited:
What a damn shame :(

Yep. Ive been a big fan of Roberton even from his Freo days.

I remember there was a lengthy chat when I traded for him as I was giving up a decent-ish pick. When fit he was great but health and family definitely have to come first.

Yep. Ive been a big fan of Roberton even from his Freo days.

I remember there was a lengthy chat when I traded for him as I was giving up a decent-ish pick. When fit he was great but health and family definitely have to come first.
Yeah i've expected this for the last year, heart issues aren't anything to mess with. He's one of the best fantasy backs going round, def sucks for you and for St Kilda, but i imagine he's the one who's the saddest, looked like he was going to make a proper comeback too but can't say this surprises me :'(

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/roberton-s-agonising-career-decision-20190314-p514ao.html

Have heard from a couple of people (on Big Footy and IRL) that Roberton will announce his retirement to the group at training today. Paddy McCartin is also rumored to be pulling the pin as well.

So uhh... Anyone got on good defenders on the block? Rockford that Short kid looks alright ;)

Crisp may be on the table for the right price. I'm fielding offers but not 100% sure on it yet.

He's at that really really awkward age bracket for my current list demographic.

Okay, well done coaches!

So from now, all picks from the first four rounds of both the 2020 draft and the 2021 future draft can be traded, no future pick restrictions like previous years.

Unknown Caller can you change the rules page to reflect this?

I will post a new 'draft pick trade tracker over the weekend.

In the meantime..

Trade Alert!
Warriors receive Jeremy Howe

Hot Jams receive: Brandan Matara, Tributes 2nd round draft pick, Richcogs 3rd round draft pick and LWP 4th round draft pick.

azza77 to confirm.

Confirmed.

Is there an updated draft order for 2020 already? Or do I have t manually go through all of this thread and record all the trades?

Are the rules changed on trading future picks? Does that mean I can trade both future 1st I’m holding without bringing in a future 3rd? I think I missed the discussion/rule change. Can someone explain what’s happening now?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-15/captains-call-grand-finalists-brownlow-coleman-rising-star

SO the Captains can't vote for their own team/players -

Who do you think will win the 2019 NAB AFL Rising Star?
11 – Sam Walsh (Carlton)
1 – Jack Lukosius (Gold Coast SUNS), Zak Butters (Port Adelaide), Jye Caldwell (GWS GIANTS), Luke Valente (Fremantle), Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs), Chase Jones (Adelaide Crows), Matt Walker (Hawthorn)

The others I can all understand as they were high picks or, in the case of Valente; a strong bodied leader who is expected to play ala SPP, but I really want to know which skipper is the Matt Walker fan?!?

Are the rules changed on trading future picks? Does that mean I can trade both future 1st I’m holding without bringing in a future 3rd? I think I missed the discussion/rule change. Can someone explain what’s happening now?
Drew23 made a comment that restrictions on pick trading was silly, and Unknown Caller agreed to soften the rules after this draft. That is my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back