Not open for further replies.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Warriors Trade List:

Happy to trade the following for a draft pick.
- Jeremy McGovern
- Marty Gleeson
- Sam Mayes
- Allan Christensen

Also willing to move on Charlie Cameron if there is enough interest and value there.

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Warriors Trade List:

Happy to trade the following for a draft pick.
- Jeremy McGovern
- Marty Gleeson
- Sam Mayes
- Allan Christensen

Also willing to move on Charlie Cameron if there is enough interest and value there.
I don't understand why these players would still have any value in this league really? To win this league you need minimum to field all B+ players for stats categories.

I feel players like this are just clogging your list not allowing potential players. Can I ask your thoughts on this?

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't understand why these players would still have any value in this league really? To win this league you need minimum to field all B+ players for stats categories.

I feel players like this are just clogging your list not allowing potential players. Can I ask your thoughts on this?
So do you think it is a coincidence I am looking to trade them out?

A few would be best 22 in other sides, but otherwise you still need depth and some of them score well in a couple of categories.

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins

A few would be best 22 in other sides, but otherwise you still need depth and some of them score well in a couple of categories.
But why go for just best 22 mid aged players if they are not going to be in an eventual winning team? They're just clogging space.

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins

Let's have a look at Rockfords squad. Are those players your looking to get off for the exact reason I am talking about ever going to compete in a Grand Final matched up against his team?
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 5.22.59 pm.png

Players have to be capable of the potential at least being above average in possession categories.

They provide back up for injuries at best. If you not in the top 6 favourites for next year that are currently going for a flag, for the sake of your team avoid these type of players like the plague back in the middle ages. ;-)

Last edited:

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Let's have a look at Rockfords squad. Are those players your looking to get off for the exact reason I am talking about ever going to compete in a Grand Final matched up against his team?
View attachment 786175

Players have to be capable of the potential at least being above average in possession categories.

They provide back up for injuries at best. If you not in the top 6 favourites for next year that are currently going for a flag, for the sake of your team avoid these type of players like the plague back in the middle ages. ;-)
Thanks for the advice, and also for Papley 😉

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
How old was Papley when I traded him for a future second round pick?....22 so he had some potential growth, I just didn't see it. Which was silly because he always has averaged over a goal at AFL level and whenever he went back to the twos got the pill a bit.

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 10.43.41 am.png

Mayes has been in the systen going on 8 years? Christensen 12? McGovern has he ever been ultimatefooty relevant in his 9/10 years? In AFL as a player fantastic but not fantasy relevant.

Last edited:

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
How old was Papley when I traded him for a future second round pick?....22 so he had some potential growth, I just didn't see it. Which was silly because he always has averaged over a goal at AFL level and whenever he went back to the twos got the pill a bit.

View attachment 786628

Mayes has been in the systen going on 8 years? Christensen 12? McGovern has he ever been ultimatefooty relevant in his 9/10 years? In AFL as a player fantastic but not fantasy relevant.
Your fascination with players I have identified as depth seems weird to me - even more so given some of the players currently in your squad :cool:

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I get both your points.

On one hand tenderwarrior is offering up some guys who would be best 22 in several teams across the league (mine included).

On the other hand richcogs raises a good point that none of these guys would help win a flag. They would never get a run for teams that are competing and for the teams in rebuild mode (myself) they are too old/not good enough to be valuable when we are eventually competing.

Everybody's right, everybody's happy!

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
In compleeely unrelated news Ryan Abbott and Levi Casboult have requested to be offered on the trade table for more opportunity.

They are considered key components of my future premiership line up but I am respecting their requests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
To win this league you need minimum to field all B+ players for stats categories.

I feel players like this are just clogging your list not allowing potential players.
I am not sure where the pastoral care for my list has come from, but I appreciate the thought. By your own reckoning, I look forward to Richcogs taking a minimum 10 picks in the upcoming draft - I hope you are doing your draft homework!

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Trade Alert:

Warriors receive Devon Smith

Wombats receive Christenson, Mayes, Gleeson and McGovern

... only joking - Wombats receive Warriors future 1st and 2nd round picks.

deeman87 to confirm

Commentary on wasting picks on a injury-prone soon-to-be-27-year-old welcome.
Lol!

Confirmed.

Happy to bring in more picks for next year and Smith obv never fit my timeline. Cogniglio still very much up for grabs as the main prize. Looking for a nice package of picks and or prospects. Ideally a top 10 pick this year or a high upside prospect would be the primary piece, the higher the pick the better.

Last edited:

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I am not sure where the pastoral care for my list has come from, but I appreciate the thought. By your own reckoning, I look forward to Richcogs taking a minimum 10 picks in the upcoming draft - I hope you are doing your draft homework!
Homework definitely being done!
Trade Alert:

Warriors receive Devon Smith

Wombats receive Christenson, Mayes, Gleeson and McGovern

... only joking - Wombats receive Warriors future 1st and 2nd round picks.

deeman87 to confirm

Commentary on wasting picks on a injury-prone soon-to-be-27-year-old welcome.
Definitely would have to agree that you paid overs on Smith.

Really interested as to who is going to bite the bullet and mortgage their future on Coniglio.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Homework definitely being done!

Definitely would have to agree that you paid overs on Smith.

Really interested as to who is going to bite the bullet and mortgage their future on Coniglio.
Mortgage their future on Coniglio? The dude is 25 and a consistent top 20 player 9 cat player. I think I'm pretty justified in trying to get a top 10 pick in the deal. 😅 You'd do well as a Melb fan with such positivity 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back