Not open for further replies.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I put my trade block up a couple months ago but while we’re talking trades I’ll just chuck out there a lot of my forwards are still on the table. All except for Rozee and to a lesser degree the King twins and Naughton who I could be persuaded with a mega deal.

Up for grabs I’ve got:
Finlayson
Mitch Lewis
AMT
Mihocek
Todd Marshall
K Langford
McStay
J Cripps
Hanrahan
Brennan Cox
Stoddart
Oskar Baker
Lachie Schultz

Looking for mids and Backs aged 25 or under or Draft picks

Last edited:

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Mortgage their future on Coniglio? The dude is 25 and a consistent top 20 player 9 cat player. I think I'm pretty justified in trying to get a top 10 pick in the deal. 😅 You'd do well as a Melb fan with such positivity 🤣
Yeah a top 10 pick is pretty reasonable. Unfortunately I’m not interested because he’s not in the age demographic I’m looking at, but definitely fair!

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Smith is high risk/high reward. He was a top 10 player across the comp in the previous season for me and his possession and tackle numbers are elite. It fills a need for TW with his tackle category letting him down previously.
Fair.

What I will do when I get a moment between Philippines and South America is to analyse all LWP trades and see the winner and loser from each of his trades. I think everyone should analyse somebody else and I will LWP. I remember a time when others were disputing my putting up a wall to his trades, now we can look back and reflect a while later 😀 Everyone can take some learning therefrom!

Trading youth for experience has been horrible for me I'll just say right now. Cripps and Kelly trades diabolical. I was drunk when making that Kelly trade.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair.

What I will do when I get a moment between Philippines and South America is to analyse all LWP trades and see the winner and loser from each of his trades. I think everyone should analyse somebody else and I will LWP. I remember a time when others were disputing my putting up a wall to his trades, now we can look back and reflect a while later 😀 Everyone can take some learning therefrom!

Trading youth for experience has been horrible for me I'll just say right now. Cripps and Kelly trades diabolical. I was drunk when making that Kelly trade.
It is a great idea, but I don't have time for that right now. I do recall a few trades getting vetoed back in the day that would have turned out huge wins for the coach that others thought was being slaughtered in the deal.

If somebody has a bit of spare time, rather than analyzing 8 years of trading, maybe they can do a "community service" and start the '2020 list management thread' for us this off-season?

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
For every trade where someone got a kid with high upside who turned into an absolute gun for an established guy, the opposite exists. It's much easier to focus on the above because it's glaringly obvious, but the trade where the kid doesn't work out gets forgotten because the kid gets forgotten. When you look through the 1st round 5 years later there's always half the round that's a bust. Trading for experienced premium players is a much safer way to do business if you can do it well, but you do need a decent young core to build around for sure.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Smith is high risk/high reward. He was a top 10 player across the comp in the previous season for me and his possession and tackle numbers are elite. It fills a need for TW with his tackle category letting him down previously.
Warriors glad to get Smith back, and we will trust our use of the late picks and FA list to find some good kids this year.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Ouch. I know UF doesn’t align exactly with Champion Data but seeing Dunkley and Billings lose F status while the likes of Devon Smith and Whitfield gain F status and Greene and Dusty retain their F status suggests it’s going to be a big hill to climb to get a competitive F line this season. Anyone looking for mids, let me know..

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Ouch. I know UF doesn’t align exactly with Champion Data but seeing Dunkley and Billings lose F status while the likes of Devon Smith and Whitfield gain F status and Greene and Dusty retain their F status suggests it’s going to be a big hill to climb to get a competitive F line this season. Anyone looking for mids, let me know..
Warriors will be playing 9/10 forwards per week by the sounds of it 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
For every trade where someone got a kid with high upside who turned into an absolute gun for an established guy, the opposite exists. It's much easier to focus on the above because it's glaringly obvious, but the trade where the kid doesn't work out gets forgotten because the kid gets forgotten. When you look through the 1st round 5 years later there's always half the round that's a bust. Trading for experienced premium players is a much safer way to do business if you can do it well, but you do need a decent young core to build around for sure.
But you also need the list to be trading for experienced star. If your not competing for a premiership then it's useless. A 25/26 year old will be 30/31 by the time your competing for glory! Then you have resting before finals and injury a more of a concern. If anyone wants to look into a proper rebuild analysis Rockford trades over the years.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I’m also putting Libba, Jarryd Lyons and Jackson Trengove on the trade block

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Mortgage their future on Coniglio? The dude is 25 and a consistent top 20 player 9 cat player. I think I'm pretty justified in trying to get a top 10 pick in the deal. 😅 You'd do well as a Melb fan with such positivity 🤣
Didn’t know he was big in hitouts?

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
But you also need the list to be trading for experienced star. If your not competing for a premiership then it's useless. A 25/26 year old will be 30/31 by the time your competing for glory! Then you have resting before finals and injury a more of a concern. If anyone wants to look into a proper rebuild analysis Rockford trades over the years.
I agree. Why do you think i traded all my oldies and am building through the draft. But once you have that core in place to compete and you're in the top 5 or 6 teams, trading for established stars is a pretty proven way of winning.

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I agree. Why do you think i traded all my oldies and am building through the draft. But once you have that core in place to compete and you're in the top 5 or 6 teams, trading for established stars is a pretty proven way of winning.
Yes, so then there is really just 5/6 teams in the market. Would you say a list like LWP's would benefit from having an A grader thats 25/26?

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Yes, so then there is really just 5/6 teams in the market. Would you say a list like LWP's would benefit from having an A grader thats 25/26?
Well that depends. Would you say it's okay to just lay into someone over and over like a common despicable school yard bully. Wtf did LWP ever do to you for you to just lay into him post after post and in PMs. Are your social skills and understanding of gaming etiquette really that non existent? No but seriously WHY THE **** would I discuss my thoughts on optimal strategy for peoples lists with an entire league I was trying to beat...Your posting is totally out of line the last week. You dont just take a dump on people's trade blocks like you did to TWs thus making anyone who trades for them lose face in front of the whole league. You dont tell people how they should and shouldn't play a game. You certainly don't continually try to dissuade people from trading for a player with the sole intention of trying to drive down their value so you can try to trade for them yourself... 🤦‍♂️🙄

And yes Coniglio is 25 and may play til hes 35 who knows. He would improve every single teams list including LWP. He would certainly be a great addition for the top 8-10 lists. Whether its optimal for that list is up to that coach.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
At the risk of being ridiculed.. 😅

Updated Trade List.
- Will Hoskin-Elliott
- Tex Walker
- Jeremy McGovern
- Allan Christensen
- Sam Mayes

Just after draft pick offers for the above. Not a fire sale, but I think I am reasonable to trade with.

I would also entertain offers for Joe Daniher, looking to swap in a Centre.

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
What did you trade out for conligio again?

I was surprised you did it. I was offered it but couldnt be fu#ked having to shop him around esp when the guys with the pics he are worth wont wanr him.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
What did you trade out for conligio again?

I was surprised you did it. I was offered it but couldnt be fu#ked having to shop him around esp when the guys with the pics he are worth wont wanr him.
Mcluggage. It was a super risky move for sure given how good Mcluggage is and will be but the 1st 2 years have been pretty disastrous with my draft record after the 1st round being just terrible. I still have far and away the worst list in the league and 1 A grader isn't enough to get my team anywhere, i have too many holes to fill so it was a calculated gamble that i could hit on my picks and turn him into a bunch of good players. So far i have 2 late 1sts and a late 2nd and i still have the most valuable player in Conligio to trade so i'm going to have every chance to make the trade beneficial to me and if i don't do that i only have myself to blame for picking the wrong players. You're right though that i did make a small miss-step with assuming i'd be able to get the high pick/s he's worth for him this year with yourself, Olma and Hot Jams all going the draft route. The year before i'd discussed Cogs with Rockford and he was saying he wouldn't trade Cogs for pick 1 and then Cogs basically had AA/brownlow form for 16 games to begin the year and is only 25. I still have no doubt i'll get a good return for him but i just may have to settle for later 1st round picks or wait until mid next year to trade him i'm leaning towards the latter right now but that can change quickly if someone puts a proper offer on the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back