Mature Age 2019 Mature Aged Prospects

Ishikawa

All Australian
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Says a lot about how the state leagues have been depleted recently that most of the top guys were ex-AFL players.
Based on the above guys post asking about that batch of players?

Is it necessarily a bad thing either? I mean lots of kids / young men enter and exit the AFL system by the age of 21/22, there is still clear value for them in going back to the state leagues and working on their game as we have seen a few success stories in recent times of guys coming back mature and ready to handle the professional demands. To me that is a healthy sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
May 17, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mitch Hibberd:
Significant improver since last year, dominant against his former side on the weekend.
Mitch Hibberd has almost completely transformed himself as a player, was in shock he didn't get the call up in the mid season.

Still has the ability to run but now has the size to compete on the inside and is a very good height. Can go forward and back. He's probably the most draftable talent I've seen while watching the VFL.

I still think Younan could offer a bit.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any WAFL watchers thoughts on Dec Mountford? only going off stats but he looks to be having a solid year. His ability to play multiple roles would be appealing to most AFL clubs.

Would Mitch Hibberd be leading the Liston? Finally playing in his correct position (inside mid) and has been dominating. Not many guys his size can cover the ground like him. Avergaing 24.5 disposals and 7 tackles per game.

Dom Brew would be another that I could see making the step up to AFL, much like Tom Atkins he is a pitbull, hard at the contest and moves well.

I haven't really heard if there is any real stand out half backs at VFL/SANFL or WAFL this year...Would be nice if there is another Luke Ryan or Tom Stewart out there in the state leagues!

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Any WAFL watchers thoughts on Dec Mountford? only going off stats but he looks to be having a solid year. His ability to play multiple roles would be appealing to most AFL clubs.

Would Mitch Hibberd be leading the Liston? Finally playing in his correct position (inside mid) and has been dominating. Not many guys his size can cover the ground like him. Avergaing 24.5 disposals and 7 tackles per game.

Dom Brew would be another that I could see making the step up to AFL, much like Tom Atkins he is a pitbull, hard at the contest and moves well.

I haven't really heard if there is any real stand out half backs at VFL/SANFL or WAFL this year...Would be nice if there is another Luke Ryan or Tom Stewart out there in the state leagues!
Hibberd would be up there but the current favourites are Alex Woodward (Collingwood) and Shannen Lange (Port).

Top Bottom