Mature Age 2019 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Size seems to be the main issue from what I can gather. What's his pressure/tank like?

Good, was a junior midfielder and decent ballwinner but has been used as a small forward at league level. Pressure is decent but not amazing, he is very yappy, great agility and quick thinking both offensively and defensively. He'd be able to handle it but yea he's definitely on the small side

Awards season is around the corner for most state leagues. The NEAFL held there’s last night with Students ex Swans academy member Jake Bartolomaeus taking out top honour.

Former Lion Matt Hammelman won the goal kicking with 66 for Redland.

Canberra young gun and also another Swans academy member Angus Baker won the NEAFL rising star award having averaged 30 possessions a game.

Any of these guys worth a look come draft time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awards season is around the corner for most state leagues. The NEAFL held there’s last night with Students ex Swans academy member Jake Bartolomaeus taking out top honour.

Former Lion Matt Hammelman won the goal kicking with 66 for Redland.

Canberra young gun and also another Swans academy member Angus Baker won the NEAFL rising star award having averaged 30 possessions a game.

Any of these guys worth a look come draft time?

Wouldn't say so on the NEAFL Rising Star or B&F, the level of competition just isn't there. Hammelman could be good KPF depth for a senior team.

I don't really rate Declase or Malual. Riccardi is only 20 ;)
Riccardi was well on the mid-season draft radar. I'd be surprised if he isn't on an AFL list next year.

Spoke to a recruiting friend of mine and he suggested that 20 year old former Lions Academy player Campbell Walker is worth a look.

Playing at Port Melbourne, has kicked 19 goals playing as a BFF/inside midfielder.

friendly fellow is he? :cool:

Riccardi was well on the mid-season draft radar. I'd be surprised if he isn't on an AFL list next year.
Oh I was surprised he wasn't picked up in the MSD. He should be on an AFL list next year. Hopefully Essendon's haha

Oh I was surprised he wasn't picked up in the MSD. He should be on an AFL list next year. Hopefully Essendon's haha

Take away the 18 - 24 month age difference but Jake projects to be a much better prospect than our own Noah Gown.

I’d have no hesitation picking Riccardi up in the second round

If I was picking a player to get taken in the second round it would be Ben Sokol. His last month was insane.

Rd 17:
7 goals, 13 marks

Rd 18:
6 goals, 12 marks

Rd 19:
6 goals, 11 marks

Rd 20:
6 goals, 13 marks

I thought Sokol would have been picked up last off season for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon fans who see about 3 VFL games asking about Heppell every year is always painful.

Slow, poor kick, not prolific enough. Good VFL player but doesn't have any outstanding AFL attributes.

On the other hand, every time I've watched Hibberd this year I'm baffled as to how he isn't on more people's draft boards.

He's more draftable now than when he was picked up in 2015, considering the size he's gained whilst losing little of his aerobic capacity.

He exudes AFL attributes. Great mark, great height, capable forward, elite athlete, penetrating kick. There's got to be something behind the scenes.

On the other hand, every time I've watched Hibberd this year I'm baffled as to how he isn't on more people's draft boards.

He's more draftable now than when he was picked up in 2015, considering the size he's gained whilst losing little of his aerobic capacity.

He exudes AFL attributes. Great mark, great height, capable forward, elite athlete, penetrating kick. There's got to be something behind the scenes.
Yep, one I definitely want to have a look at with our 3rd

Other than Riccardi is there any other obvious key position mature age players out there?
Bowman's been pretty good as a ruck this year, Mason Shaw has 50 goals in the WAFL this year and is still only 25.

Hows podhajski gone this yr?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Good, not great. Pain me to say it as a Coburg fan but he needs to go elsewhere and be in their system if he's to be drafted. Same with Luke Bunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back