2019 Members Convention

Remove this Banner Ad

Was this seriously addressed??
No.

Nothing about China either. Not a thing. Very disappointing.

My other disappointment was, reading between the lines from KT saying change was inevitable, that we will have co-captains. If we don't then both Ollie and Tom, maybe even Hamish who also put his hand up, will lose much face.

However, the rest of the day was good, well worth hearing. I especially was pleased the game style is changing, loud and clear.

BTW, I've had a bit to do with mindfulness and well-being etc. The mindfulness guy was exceptional, really knew his stuff and could adapt it to football. Hope he has some effect on the players.

Enjoyed a lot of it.

In the main the coaches spoke well and looked to be committed to the players and club getting better. Felt they felt the pain.

Some interesting bits from Davies re how things work, Voss re the impact of rules and Hammers rehab.

On the negative the welfare section went a bit long for the content it contained, parking wasn't clear when you drove in and would have preferred an aussie ripper roast lunch rather than your standard corporate baguette but hey.

Beyond disappointed in KT's address though.

Was feeling a lot better about life and KT comes on with a condescending bunch of malarkey that obviously had an agenda and provided basically no insight.
It was all I could do to not yell out bullshit and walk out particularly when he was going on about the circumstances of 1990 and how Port fans "felt" about going into the AFL.

Thought his speech at last years was not great but this time with so much to potentially talk about and provide detail on with China, GFG, 2020 etc felt it had nothing apart from a snippet re Port club redevelopment and possible museum (that could and should have been expanded on).

For me it felt like a shut up and accept things you don't like cos things change bad luck.

Lots to like and if you haven't been would suggest you go.

Serious question: do you think that our list is better than last year? No Wines to start with and no Dixon for who knows how long. I don’t.

And this coaching and team plan stuff has all been said before. Why isn’t it crap?

It’s PR spin get the masses excited now but it’s far from reality

We can all agree Ken's part was pointless, surely. It was hardly even worthy of a video posted to Facebook.
Ken's part was the least interesting by far, even less interesting than the player welfare part during which the gentleman next to me fell asleep and snored.

And you would also know that rebound is far from the only stat when discussing the defensive unit.

Hammer will walk back into the side. I do not see Broadbent as a lock by any means. Don't see him anymore than squad depth at this point. Even before he got injured in 2017 his form had been sliding and he was struggling to keep his place in the team. Regardless of how much of a pleasant surprise he was on the trial, I don't see how an average player who has not played a game in one and a half seasons will suddenly add a lot to the team.

Nah before he was injured, Broady was a 22 lock. He played injured for a while but when he was fit he was absolutely best 22.

View attachment 620599
We exist to fail - welcome to the new aged breed of ingraining it’s supporters to accept mediocrity as a status quo

I don't get this messaging at all.

If you try every year, you aim to every year, if you show desperation that is what you are here to do, then we can't ask much more.

When the messaging changes and lowers expectations that's where the issues come in for mine.

We believe every year we can win one. Believing you aren't a chance is bullshit. Believing oh well you can't win won every year is garbage.

Believe you can, believe you will. Always.

Oh - and my questions were “Are we going to pressure the contest at the point of turnover when it’s possible to do so?” and “What steps are we taking to reduce the time spent in transition between attack and defence?”

Brett answered both in his presentation, so good job Brett :)

Nah before he was injured, Broady was a 22 lock. He played injured for a while but when he was fit he was absolutely best 22.

Before he was injured he didn't have Houston, Lienert and Burton to compete with for spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before he was injured he didn't have Houston, Lienert and Burton to compete with for spots.

B: Lienert - Jonas - Broadbent

HB: Hartlett - Howard - Burton

Houston on the bench

Done :)

Not in 2017. He was poor that year well before he got injured. And with the emergence of a lot of young players down back, he'll have to be pretty blood good to get ahead of these guys.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go but bought a ticket anyway. Totally lost enthusiasm when I saw the club doing their special deal but got a bit excited after a phone call from Benny D.

So I rocked up and was in the line and Kochie came over for a chat.

Totally lost all enthusiasm after that and went and got my phone and went home. $90 to spend 15 minutes in a line. Woooo

Kochie is full of s**t. Wouldn’t answer any questions and just did the meet and greet for media s**t.
Wow. He must of really annoyed you.

One thing is for sure. Drew, Rozee, Butters and Duursma will play footy this year. Particularly Rozee and Drew.

Lienert is apparently seen as a revelation and to expect big things this year as he's blown them away in pre-season. Massive unit with a big tank and a huge, accurate kick.
He's also brave. Put Pittard to shame in a few games towards the end of the season. While Pittard hacked it out of the air randomly, Lienert took the pressure from behind, put his head over the ball, picked it up and passed it off to a teammate. As his confidence increases he will only get better.

The comment about brad Ebert being no good at kicking in density (ie when a lot of players in front of him) but being a good kick at goal was refreshingly honest too

That said I reckon Ebert forward will be real good. A melksham type I like to think

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good they've picked that up. One of the worst offenders in the team for getting his kick smothered off the boot. Transition from hand to foot very slow. Sometimes drives me to distraction.

If DBJ is a 7/10 player, where do the rest of the list rate on their ability to defend small forwards? Jonas might be a 6 or 7 too. Doubt anyone else cracks a 5 on that scale.

DBJ (or someone) developing into a one on one beast is almost as important to our season as Marshall and SPP.
Fair rating imo

I’m waiting for the ‘We have co-captains, but we’ve also managed to do the hardest thing in the world and gobbled Collingwood to be allowed to wear the PB’s for the last time ever for one game in 2020’.

I will be effing livid.

P.s. seeing our head coach being taken away from game day atrategy as a positive is nuts! If he can’t do it he shouldn’t be head coach.
But he gets on well with the players, surely that's enough. Lol. Hopefully they'll all be doing tricks on wakeboards next pre-season. Anything less is BS apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back