News 2019 Members forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Western Bulldogs will host their first member forum on Tuesday night (25 June) at Victoria University Whitten Oval, with the event to also be live-streamed on westernbulldogs.com.au, the Bulldogs Mobile App and Facebook.

Members have had the opportunity to register for tickets to attend in person along with the opportunity to submit questions to be answered by a panel key club figures.
On the panel for the question and answer session will be Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon; Chief Executive Ameet Bains; Senior Coach Luke Beveridge; General Manager, Women’s Football Debbie Lee; and Western Bulldogs Community Foundation Chair Gaye Hamilton.
The live-stream will commence at 6:30pm AEST.

The Western Bulldogs will host their first member forum on Tuesday night (25 June) at Victoria University Whitten Oval, with the event to also be live-streamed on westernbulldogs.com.au, the Bulldogs Mobile App and Facebook.

The live-stream will commence at 6:30pm AEST.

Sorry, Home and Away is on at 7pm. No can do.

If anyone goes, there is one question that needs to be asked before any other:

"Luke, could you please advise what is being done to address the team's horrendous goal-kicking accuracy over the previous 3 seasons? It has consistently cost us momentum and score-board pressure in games we have ultimately lost, and has almost cost us games we have actually won. 3 years we have waited patiently for improvement, yet there is no discernible change in this part of our game. Why?"

I'll be watching the stream, but I'm pretty confident this is just a box ticking exercise for the club, where the majority of healthy criticism will be dismissed out of hand. Not that I think that approach is unique to our club.

When any member complains that they don't listen, they'll be able to point to the member forum. It's PR / Customer relations 101.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

"submit questions" You say?

giphy.gif

I'll be watching the stream, but I'm pretty confident this is just a box ticking exercise for the club, where the majority of healthy criticism will be dismissed out of hand. Not that I think that approach is unique to our club.

When any member complains that they don't listen, they'll be able to point to the member forum. It's PR / Customer relations 101.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Depends a bit on what your expectations are. If you expect them to take on board your sage advice on football strategy then forget it. However if you are looking for some insight into how the club does things behind the scenes then maybe there's some hope.
Most of the questions they select will be the equivalent of "dorothy dixers". Yeah I'm pessimist, but would you honestly expect them to do much else?
Will they be screening the questions beforehand or will they just take them impromptu from the floor?
If it's a PR exercise and they only deal in anodyne or feel-good stuff then it might actually be counterproductive. They need to give the fans something a little different (even if only slightly so) if the supporters are going to walk away thinking it was worthwhile. I'd like to think they are genuine in this ... but I'm half expecting to be disappointed.

Most of the questions they select will be the equivalent of "dorothy dixers". Yeah I'm pessimist, but would you honestly expect them to do much else?

Of course not. The eternal optimist buried deep inside of me does however live in hope.

I'm all for enhanced members engagement, but if it's like most of these things the the club runs and I tuned out of long ago then it'll be big on Rah, Rah's and light on for insight or addressing difficult questions.

Maybe the PR staff misunderstood when PG said "we need to schedule this right in the middle of the H&A season".
Especially now when it looks like John might fall asleep behind the wheel and possibly die! At least Alf is safe. He's off visiting his first wife, Martha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends a bit on what your expectations are. If you expect them to take on board your sage advice on football strategy then forget it. However if you are looking for some insight into how the club does things behind the scenes then maybe there's some hope.

Will they be screening the questions beforehand or will they just take them impromptu from the floor?
If it's a PR exercise and they only deal in anodyne or feel-good stuff then it might actually be counterproductive. They need to give the fans something a little different (even if only slightly so) if the supporters are going to walk away thinking it was worthwhile. I'd like to think they are genuine in this ... but I'm half expecting to be disappointed.
Not sure if there will be some questions from the floor, but attendees have already sent in their questions.

It better not be all the decent questions get brushed aside, because no one in the media or otherwise, ever ask Bevo any real questions that we need to know the answers to.

I was meant to be there but have picked up a little bug that makes me want to curl up in ball under the doona.

Bresker: "Doc, I'm not feeling too well, i have a bug that makes me want to curl up under this doona i'm carrying around"
Doc: *peeks out from under doona* "You've been watching the Bulldogs season too i see"

Anyone know how long it goes for?

Could it be: "Sorry folks, no questions* were submitted so we're all off the The Plough".

* that we deemed acceptable
I'm thinking half an hr or an hr, max. Won't go too long. They can't fit too many in there.

Lovely backdrop, the vfl lads training. 😂 So much for a 6.30 start though. Maybe they're finishing their briefing, these are the talking points, say this etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back