Resource 2019 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Did lol at the operator on the phone

Shell: "Hi im calling regarding my membership- it was delivered to me yesterday but it had no membership card in the pack
Her: "Ok- can i please have your membership number?"

:think::oops::drunk:

As someone who works in a call centre, I got a good laugh out of that. :)

Hey everyone :)

I'm 28 and just bought a Cats membership for the first time.

Apparently I get the choice of either a hat or a scarf when my membership gets mailed out... but I can't find any pics anywhere! I asked the club online and they said they had no pictures! How am I supposed to decide which item of clothing to get if I can't see pictures of them first haha.

Could someone who has got the scarf and someone who has got the hat/cap please post pics here so I can see and decide? :)

Also, I'm having trouble logging into the Member Pack and Member Merchandise sections of the website. Keeping getting an error message.

Many thanks :)

Apparently I get the choice of either a hat or a scarf when my membership gets mailed out... but I can't find any pics anywhere! I asked the club online and they said they had no pictures! How am I supposed to decide which item of clothing to get if I can't see pictures of them first haha.

Could someone who has got the scarf and someone who has got the hat/cap please post pics here so I can see and decide? :)

Also, I'm having trouble logging into the Member Pack and Member Merchandise sections of the website. Keeping getting an error message.

Welcome...just figure out whether you'd rather keep your head or neck warm.

Here you go :thumbsu:

Many thanks mate!!! Definitely going with the scarf.

And it appears the membership website is a bit busted atm.

Many thanks mate!!! Definitely going with the scarf.

And it appears the membership website is a bit busted atm.

It's definitely not the greatest website, but hopefully you can get through soon. If not, you can collect them on match day (either at GMHBA or the MCG) or at membership services through the week

It's definitely not the greatest website, but hopefully you can get through soon. If not, you can collect them on match day (either at GMHBA or the MCG) or at membership services through the week

I would not recommend that at all- I've seen those queues they are horrendous, unless if you get there way early.

That's why I was on the clubs back to post me out my card.

Welcome. I always choose the scarf, when I have enough I’ll get them stitched together to make a blanket. It’s good to have a plan for my life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you so much for these, I was just making the choice myself, as my collection of scarves is growing larger and larger.. I think this will be my first year going for the cap, it actually looks wearable in everyday life!

No worries, I always end up getting one for free with my membership and then buying the other one later on. The cap is definitely one of the best we've had and it's perfect for everyday wear (and wearing to the footy too), probably the best one we've had since 2011-2013 when they were made by ISC

Just floated/donated the club by 6 bills for the year.

And no trips on the cards currently to redeem a single ticket punch for any games at all.

But again, thats my choice to do that.

What I will give them a slap for os getting thru the Membership services. They say to call a 95225 number for international peeps as the 1300 you cant call from over here.

So it goes to the Cats shop of all places and then they route you back to Membership services as an internal transfer - concealing the fact its an international call.

Now I dont ask for much but sitting on hold for 22 mins as an overseas member trying to give them money for membership I may not even use - is it too mihc to ask fro a bit of an express call line?

Maybe im being too precious. And no, they wont do international call backs lol.

Go Catters

Maybe im being too precious. And no, they wont do international call backs lol.

Go Catters

If it's anything like my work most of the phones actually aren't set up to be able to place international calls. If it's going to happen then it has to be done with the head honcho's phone...

So this seems to be the right thread. Was a Premiership member for years, it got me tickets in 2011, previous GFs had to be done via the hard way of knowing someone after no luck in the ballot.

Years after 2011 kept paying, but then called it quits around 5 years later due to circumstance change. Club has since sent an email offering it up again before the cut-off, but I gotta ask when did it sky-rocket to $250???

So this seems to be the right thread. Was a Premiership member for years, it got me tickets in 2011, previous GFs had to be done via the hard way of knowing someone after no luck in the ballot.

Years after 2011 kept paying, but then called it quits around 5 years later due to circumstance change. Club has since sent an email offering it up again before the cut-off, but I gotta ask when did it sky-rocket to $250???

Ummm... This week I'd suggest...

I've been a premiership member since 2011 and let it roll over each season with my membership - I found the invoice for this season and on that it lists the premiership membership as $200

Maybe they bumped up the price to see who really wants to secure gf tickets should we make it take far & this is seen as "easy" money

Ummm... This week I'd suggest...

I've been a premiership member since 2011 and let it roll over each season with my membership - I found the invoice for this season and on that it lists the premiership membership as $200

Maybe they bumped up the price to see who really wants to secure gf tickets should we make it take far & this is seen as "easy" money

It was cheaper if you were an incumbent or if you bought it early (one of those, I can't remember), from there it was $250 from early in the year.

It was cheaper if you were an incumbent or if you bought it early (one of those, I can't remember), from there it was $250 from early in the year.
Cool thanks - I didn't keep an eye on the price during the season so wasn't aware of that.

Essentially, they are rewarding those who were in or got in early. Maybe a little annoying for newbies or those taking it out during the season though

Cool thanks - I didn't keep an eye on the price during the season so wasn't aware of that.

Essentially, they are rewarding those who were in or got in early. Maybe a little annoying for newbies or those taking it out during the season though
Before the bye it was 190 and we were 11-1.

Go Catters

Thanks to those who provided input as opposed to commentary. :p

I recall it being around $175 years back when I had it for a long time. While some would argue understandable, I think it's pretty cheeky the club bumps it up so much. Anyways that window closed yesterday.

Here's hoping our coach focuses on the job at hand, and stops repeating the one truth we've known for years, the finals system is a joke and all about $$$.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back