2019 Membership thread - 100k again and growing!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have my own res seat in m15

I know we still have some, my point is a tonne of them have already been converted, so how many bags are left?

Unless your doing this for 5000-10000 seats, it won't mean s**t

I answered that with my last post that reserved seating needs reform , Considering only 50-60% reg turn up its absurd that a seat is locked all year . The majority should be on a roaming res seat , sit anywhere within a roped section . If you wanna stake your life on a seat and your seat only , prepare to pay a a motza for it. For most games bar r1 , Dreamtime and Anzac eve , your group will easily be accommodated within a res seat section .finals no problem , first in best dressed works well , not too many people miss out that genuinely want to go
That doesn't ork for families with kids that play footy... having our reserved seats are great, we still go every week, but know when we get there, our seats are waiting for us, and the kids know all the crew around them...

You're suggesting we need to pay a premium do to our lifestyle being different to another punter who might turn up to half home games, but can get there 2 hours early and get whatever seat they want?

I have no problem with the club trying to attract new members, but thats shouldn't be to the detriment of existing members. I am 21 year member, my kids have both reached gold membership, so we have been with the club from when we were sh!t, stuck through it an now enjoy the benefit of watching a successful team... why should we be punished financially or otherwise, for someone who is new and expects the same privileges (not only reserved seat, but access to finals and GF tickets etc.). We have that right now because we put in the years, why shouldn't we expect the same from a new member?

From a commercial point of view, I certainly understand the plan put forward, but when the only thing that is really loyal in footy now is the fans, it would certainly turn a few away.

That doesn't ork for families with kids that play footy... having our reserved seats are great, we still go every week, but know when we get there, our seats are waiting for us, and the kids know all the crew around them...

You're suggesting we need to pay a premium do to our lifestyle being different to another punter who might turn up to half home games, but can get there 2 hours early and get whatever seat they want?

I have no problem with the club trying to attract new members, but thats shouldn't be to the detriment of existing members. I am 21 year member, my kids have both reached gold membership, so we have been with the club from when we were sh!t, stuck through it an now enjoy the benefit of watching a successful team... why should we be punished financially or otherwise, for someone who is new and expects the same privileges (not only reserved seat, but access to finals and GF tickets etc.). We have that right now because we put in the years, why shouldn't we expect the same from a new member?

From a commercial point of view, I certainly understand the plan put forward, but when the only thing that is really loyal in footy now is the fans, it would certainly turn a few away.
There’ll always be exceptions and I realise it’s hard to please everyone , I’m looking at means we can continue to grow , I’ve been a member for 37y much of it with a res seat , I wouldn’t have a problem as mentioned there’s only a squeeze a few times a year , even less if we dont have home games r1 , Dreamtime and Anzac , all other times , just waltz in and get a seat

We re also potentially turning numbers away putting up a full house , get in the queue , absurd when only half are filled

Seems the most we can realistically service without more of the ground being released to us from the AFL or MCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it’s not , refer above , given only 50-60% of res seat holders turn up to any given game it tells me we could almost double our membership before seating capacity was exhausted , more flexible approach will ultimately be needed , this is a better way than waiting lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back