Official Club Stuff 2019 Membership Thread - 55,119 a new pre Xmas record

LB#16

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
But your guaranteed a ticket with the scalper atleast.
I’m very sceptical that the $70 will guarantee you a ticket. All it guarantees is that you will go into the ballot for tickets. Higher tier members should rightly get first dibs so that doesn’t leave much for the rest
I'm not quite sure that you are, fake tickets are a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australia | Liverpool
If the season's worth of reserved tickets was full or near enough we'd be so popular as to get regular sellouts instead instead of maybe 1 a year.
I've been a member for five years without a reserved seat, partner and her dad longer with reserved seats. I spent months on the phone just so we could move from two reserved seats together to three so I could have one and sit with them. It's chockers mate, people need to get in early, doubt there's much room for movement.

yodellinhank

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
I've been a member for five years without a reserved seat, partner and her dad longer with reserved seats. I spent months on the phone just so we could move from two reserved seats together to three so I could have one and sit with them. It's chockers mate, people need to get in early, doubt there's much room for movement.
It isn't chockers, it's poorly organised. Seats allocated to no shows stop people from being able to purchase seating together.

Lore

AFL Club
Essendon
Moderator #55
https://media.vudoo.io/s3fs-public/...-MembershipHighlightsVid-1080-mp4.mp4?html5=1

As far as membership ads go this one isn't bad. Beats the crap out of whatever that thing was last year with the guy talking to the camera, or the year before with Woosha holding cue cards.

I've got no idea why they insist on using stupid media players that don't embed properly anywhere. Surely a membership ad is more useful if it can be shared?

AFL Club
Essendon
Being a member used to mean something. I’m borderline offended as a 10 year silver member that people who decide to buy a 1 game membership can wear their member cap and call themselves a member. It totally cheapens and devalues what member means IMO. I’m sorry if some of you like the idea and want to take it up but it doesn’t make you a member in my eyes. I don’t care if that sounds elitist, I’m far from that as a person and I make other sacrifices so I can afford my memberships. I sincerely hope that the one game $25 member don’t get all the rights a full member gets eg voting at AGM etc.

jmoo wan

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Being a member used to mean something. I’m borderline offended as a 10 year silver member that people who decide to buy a 1 game membership can wear their member cap and call themselves a member. It totally cheapens and devalues what member means IMO. I’m sorry if some of you like the idea and want to take it up but it doesn’t make you a member in my eyes. I don’t care if that sounds elitist, I’m far from that as a person and I make other sacrifices so I can afford my memberships. I sincerely hope that the one game $25 member don’t get all the rights a full member gets eg voting at AGM etc.
i feel the same way about shitposters on this board

FFD71DDE-DCA6-4D99-BE9C-BAC30864A1DD.jpeg

table tennis

Bigfooty class clown
AFL Club
Essendon
It isn't chockers, it's poorly organised. Seats allocated to no shows stop people from being able to purchase seating together.
How is it poorly organised that people that pay for a seat have one allocated? If they turn up or not is their prerogative?

It is chockers, i moved a seat for the MCG and had to beg borrow and steal

yodellinhank

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
How is it poorly organised that people that pay for a seat have one allocated? If they turn up or not is their prerogative?

It is chockers, i moved a seat for the MCG and had to beg borrow and steal
Its poorly organised when i go and can't get tickets for friends to sit with me even though there are dozens of empty seats within 3 rows in my aisle every week.

Selling tickets by the area rather than each individual seat would mean people could sit with friends far easier.

It isn't chockers, I asked about moving my seat and the ability to move it wasn't an issue.

table tennis

Bigfooty class clown
AFL Club
Essendon
Its poorly organised when i go and can't get tickets for friends to sit with me even though there are dozens of empty seats within 3 rows in my aisle every week.

Selling tickets by the area rather than each individual seat would mean people could sit with friends far easier.

It isn't chockers, I asked about moving my seat and the ability to move it wasn't an issue.
What level of membership are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LB#16

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat

It may be an Essendon thing. I went to a North vs Brisbane game (do not even ask!) with a mate and we could select our Ticketmaster tickets by clicking on two seats and selecting them. When I do it on the same website for Essendon, it only gives me a section and tells me to be happy with whatever I get. It is a farce.

yodellinhank

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
It may be an Essendon thing. I went to a North vs Brisbane game (do not even ask!) with a mate and we could select our Ticketmaster tickets by clicking on two seats and selecting them. When I do it on the same website for Essendon, it only gives me a section and tells me to be happy with whatever I get. It is a farce.
North v Bris obviously an availability thing.

Essendon should just have members areas, and passes available to buy for guests if capacity allows. Run into someone you know and actually get to watch the game together.

Doss

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Essendon
Admin #68
I'm sorry, but that's a load of hogwash. There are all sorts of reasons why some can't or won't dish out for full season memberships, and your argument is based on a false premise anyway; there are differing levels of benefits for people at different levels of membership.

AFL Club
Essendon
I'm sorry, but that's a load of hogwash. There are all sorts of reasons why some can't or won't dish out for full season memberships, and your argument is based on a false premise anyway; there are differing levels of benefits for people at different levels of membership.
This exactly I spend my hundred plus bucks on a membership to support the club. I have chronic arthritis and bipolar and physically or mentally can't make the 10 hour drive to a game from where I live. I am happy that I support this club how I do. Anyone with an issue with this has far wider issues than me.

AFL Club
Essendon
This exactly I spend my hundred plus bucks on a membership to support the club. I have chronic arthritis and bipolar and physically or mentally can't make the 10 hour drive to a game from where I live. I am happy that I support this club how I do. Anyone with an issue with this has far wider issues than me.
I clearly don’t have a problem with that pal, just the $25, 1 game member. What a joke that is.

IsDONisGood333

also known as TheDONFather
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers, Juventus
I called up the club 4 weeks ago and still haven’t received 3 memberships I have no idea why it’s taking so long

Top Bottom