Club Mgmt. 2019 Membership Thread - 84,237 members, final tally in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s true however the increase from Thursday to Friday this week was only about +80 which was the smallest daily increase since last November..

I would suggest that quite a few will wait and see how the first 4-5 rounds play out before committing. Probably a good 3-5,000 of them. One can only hope this years lacklustre pre season is not the forerunner to the season proper that it was last year. Essendon can’t afford to take 8 weeks to gel and get the right chemistry every year or Membership will lose patience in numbers.

Membership will likely finish between 80-85,000 depending on what happens on field from this point.

I've been a bit bored at work today so I've decided to create a google sheets spreadsheet to track our membership. In previous years, there's been a big focus on near daily updates of the membership tally by some members of the board, particularly CourtzMajora and Doss. Unfortunately it hasn't been as prevalent the last couple of years so the data isn't as smooth in 2018/19. But here we are! With this now embedded I will just update and repost the link every now and then (and maybe a friendly mod can embed into the OP as well?)

I've been a bit bored at work today so I've decided to create a google sheets spreadsheet to track our membership. In previous years, there's been a big focus on near daily updates of the membership tally by some members of the board, particularly CourtzMajora and Doss. Unfortunately it hasn't been as prevalent the last couple of years so the data isn't as smooth in 2018/19. But here we are! With this now embedded I will just update and repost the link every now and then (and maybe a friendly mod can embed into the OP as well?)

done. glad to see I'm not the only person who makes spreadsheets when bored 🙈

Great job. Looks good

Anyone have any idea where we sit in terms of membership compared with some of the bigger clubs - ie I’d assume Collingwood and Richmond have us well covered - Hawthorn also - are we 4th?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond hit 90k this morning. Out of curiosity I checked a couple of other clubs, but out of the 5 or 6 I looked at only Collingwood publishes theirs in March. They're at 71,246.

Yep Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn have us well covered, and it’s pretty likely West Coast and Adelaide as well. So I reckon we will have the 6th most members in 2019

Yep Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn have us well covered, and it’s pretty likely West Coast and Adelaide as well. So I reckon we will have the 6th most members in 2019

It really all depends on how we perform. I think we had the 3rd or 4th most last year from memory.

Adelaide include their free digital subscriptions each year and brag about it. The AFL then adjusts their figures down to actuals after the season finishes.

The last 2 days has been ~200 and ~500, so who knows! Depends how much they're 'holding back' the figures which they tend to do leading up to a milestone number so they can release the announcement at the best time.

69,345 (22.03.19).
Looks like 70,000 will be reached / announced on Sunday.
This compares favourably to the 66,460 on board at 26.03.18.
Ny maths suggests we’re tracking around +3,500 Vs same time last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back