Club Mgmt. 2019 Membership Thread - 84,237 members, final tally in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else thinks we're actually sitting around 69,950k and we just bumped it for the occasion?
That'd be fun haha. Membership website still says 69,345 which is what it said 2 days ago. $25 memberships with footy back on the TV, it's not totally unbelievable, though would be more believable if there was a membership tent at the game flogging them for less than GA (that strategy works better if it's a home game).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've reached 80,000

Essendon Football Club is delighted to announce it has broken an all-time membership record, passing 80,000 members for the first time in the Club’s rich history.

The historic membership milestone tops the previous club record of 79,474 set in 2018, by over 500 members.

Chief Executive Officer Xavier Campbell thanked Essendon’s loyal member base for their ongoing support of the Mighty Bombers.

“On behalf of the Club, I wish to thank each and every one of our 80,011 members. To reach such a significant milestone is a testament to the incredible support our members continue to show,” Campbell said.

“To see the red and black faithful grow year on year with our membership figures is a phenomenal achievement.

“As a Club, our focus remains on building an environment both on and off the field that can challenge the competition and set us up for success, so we urge our supporters who have yet to sign up to join us on our journey.”

Some interesting stats about the Club’s 80,000 members:

• 11,344 members were born in the 80’s
• 970 members are aged 80+
• 8 households have 10 or more Essendon members
• 49,195 live within 80kms of Windy Hill
• 21,000 are junior members
• The oldest member is 99
• The longest serving member is 79 years old

The Club’s membership totals since 2012 are as follows:

2018 – 79,474
2017 – 67,768
2016 – 57, 494
2015 – 61,317
2014 – 60,714
2013 – 56,172
2012 – 47,708

Not trying to poo-poo on our parade, but I feel this 80k number is bogus. I didn't sign the wife and I up this year for the first time in about 12 years for financial reasons (wedding, honeymoon, 1st born all in the space of 12 months will do that!), and this week we received a free 3-game flexi membership in the mail. No explanation letter from the club. Now I'm not complaining as it means we get to go to 3 home games for "free", but I can't help but feel we got to about 75k and they fudged the rest.

Anyone else get one of these member packs?

Not trying to poo-poo on our parade, but I feel this 80k number is bogus. I didn't sign the wife and I up this year for the first time in about 12 years for financial reasons (wedding, honeymoon, 1st born all in the space of 12 months will do that!), and this week we received a free 3-game flexi membership in the mail. No explanation letter from the club. Now I'm not complaining as it means we get to go to 3 home games for "free", but I can't help but feel we got to about 75k and they fudged the rest.

I think the marketing department of late has become as fixated on membership numbers as some of the nuffy fans. It's not a good sign.

Yep. They gave out free 3 game memberships so they can say support continues to go up. Good work Xavier.

Someone posted membership profit in the Richmond dick measuring thread on the main board. I don't know where they got the figures. I was surprised how low we were, from memory it was closer to mid table than to the top.

Yep. They gave out free 3 game memberships so they can say support continues to go up. Good work Xavier.

Someone posted membership profit in the Richmond dick measuring thread on the main board. I don't know where they got the figures. I was surprised how low we were, from memory it was closer to mid table than to the top.
We used to be right up the top despite having 40k less members than some of the other top revenue clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back