Club Mgmt. 2019 Membership Thread - 84,237 members, final tally in 2019

Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all
Couldn't find a membership thread for next year.

I called up the club this morning and signed up my 2019 membership. Was on hold for 10 mins and the guy said they were a bit busy which is a good sign.

This will be my 12th year as a member.
2019 pricing the same as 2018 which is a plus.

Signed up my 3yr old and 4 month old as well.

The skeeta (kids 1-5 yr old) membership is average this year. The pull string backpack is cheap.

Baby bomber (0-1 yr old) one looks decent.

Tbh, I forgot to look at my pack online.

Hoping for 75k members next year.

Can't wait!

MOD EDIT:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...hread-65-813-9-3.1206720/page-5#post-59842167
Whispering_Jack's membership numbers tracker:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...hread-65-813-9-3.1206720/page-5#post-59842167

Last edited by a moderator:

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Here we go again! Current tally: 573.

Rollovers on 29th October.

Off the top of my head some of the new benefits and improvements for 2019:

- membership cards being delivered already!
- Membership cards are back for beyond the boundary packages
- Members scarf as chosen by the members
- Reserved seat prices frozen in 2019

79,318 in 2018. Great prospects and rightly so in 2019. This is the best list the club has had in 18 years.

Target: 85-90,000 would be expected in 2019 with 90,000+ with a strong start to the year. That would possibly have us #2 in the AFL.

Feels like the club is in cync from top down which is a good sign for the year ahead.

Hard to sell 100,000 memberships to a ground that has 50,000 seats.

I have a 3 year old that im worried i wont be able to reserve seats with when he is old enough to go to the footy weekly

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat

I have a 3 year old that im worried i wont be able to reserve seats with when he is old enough to go to the footy weekly

Are there that many reserved seat members, though? Myself and most people I know are general admission members as we go with opposition fans.

40% of our members with seats don't turn up. Also, I am not sure my dogs and cats are allowed in either.

marketing genius - stuff family sundays, lets have bring your domesticated animal fridays
I'd love to get my dog on the park on the Friday prior to the Saturday Hawthorn game.

20181013_105636.jpg

Our newest member

40% of our members with seats don't turn up. Also, I am not sure my dogs and cats are allowed in either.
There’s some like me who buy a reserved seat and end up in GA most of the time, because I end up sitting with people who don’t have reserved seats. Not sure how common that is but I think I sat in my MCG seat 2-3 times and never made it to my Etihad seat last year.

There’s some like me who buy a reserved seat and end up in GA most of the time, because I end up sitting with people who don’t have reserved seats. Not sure how common that is but I think I sat in my MCG seat 2-3 times and never made it to my Etihad seat last year.
I think I've sat in my current Mcg home seat for a quarter in the 2 years I've had it. In my case it's because I'm sitting in a unoccupied reserved seat next to mates

Question my friends - I go to the footy pretty much every week (i.e. may even go to a non-Dons game if we're interstate!), if we were to compare, would it be better to get a Silver AFL membership as opposed to a Silver Essendon one?

Is one better than the other? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I still have reserved seat membership even though I've lived in Queensland the last seven years. I try and get down to a few games each year and want to sit with my mates who have reserved seats when I do.

Question my friends - I go to the footy pretty much every week (i.e. may even go to a non-Dons game if we're interstate!), if we were to compare, would it be better to get a Silver AFL membership as opposed to a Silver Essendon one?

If your priority is to get a grand final ticket should Essendon make it and have a reserved seat at Essendon (home) games during the season then an Essendon silver membership would give you a far better chance. If you enjoy going to a lot more games during the season than just Essendon ones and get cheap(er) finals tickets all the way up to the qualifying finals then an AFL silver membership is the way to go. Just depends what your priority is in regards to only wanting to see Essendon games or if you have an interest in watching other teams games as well.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
I have an afl silver membership, but am also a silver reserved seat member with the club. That is an option you have if a grand final ticket is a priority. The silver reserved seat with the club guarantees you a grand final ticket should you wish to purchase it and the afl membership allows you access to other games. It's not the cheapesr option obviously.

If you get AFL club support it allows you to get to oppo games regardless and you're still an EFC member. Not sure on the price difference but I know that the only tickets you need to book for are blockbusters.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
I have an afl silver membership, but am also a silver reserved seat member with the club. That is an option you have if a grand final ticket is a priority. The silver reserved seat with the club guarantees you a grand final ticket should you wish to purchase it and the afl membership allows you access to other games. It's not the cheapesr option obviously.
you can buy a cheaper Essendon membership and pay $70 on top for a grand final guarantee, if that is the only reason for the Essendon membership.

Back