Official Club Stuff 2019 Membership Thread

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
At the end of the day, I’d rather see the table for $$$$ generated from membership sales than the no. of members. The number of memberships is irrelevant and is just a big dick competition.

1 x 11 game membership = 3.6667 x 3 game memberships
This type of table cant be formally compared as different venues have different sets of criteria. When the Adelaide oval came on board, both crows and port members scrambled to get seats, and they were mostly reserve seats at tops prices, so of course this is going to be better on the bottom line, than a 100k stadium with heaps of room. It also depends on stadium operators allowing clubs to sell reserve seat bays ie the tigers had to get MCC to sign off the club being able to have double the area to sell these types of memberships which means more dollars.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
This type of table cant be formally compared as different venues have different sets of criteria. When the Adelaide oval came on board, both crows and port members scrambled to get seats, and they were mostly reserve seats at tops prices, so of course this is going to be better on the bottom line, than a 100k stadium with heaps of room. It also depends on stadium operators allowing clubs to sell reserve seat bays ie the tigers had to get MCC to sign off the club being able to have double the area to sell these types of memberships which means more dollars.

Excuses - we have 11 game, 3 game and daily game tickets.

Port have a lot less 11 game memberships.

At the end of the day, revenue is the King not flimsy membership numbers based on the cheapest membership.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
The automatic growth that happened last year accross the AFL last year will not happen in 2019

Everyone got a free kick with Auskick participants being included in membership numbers

In 2019, there will be no growth from this, unless Auskick numbers skyrocker from 2018 numbers

Adelaide -
2018 TALLY: 64,739

CURRENT TALLY: 77,504* (includes digital memberships)

Brisbane:
2018 TALLY: 24,867

CURRENT TALLY: 14,361

Carlton:
2018 TALLY: 56,005

CURRENT TALLY: 41,059

Collingwood -
2018 TALLY: 75,507

CURRENT TALLY: 56,834

Essendon -
2018 TALLY: 79,319

CURRENT TALLY: 52,214

Fremantle -
2018 TALLY: 55,639

CURRENT TALLY: 46,410

Geelong -
2018 TALLY: 63,818

CURRENT TALLY: 45,103

Gold coast -
2018 TALLY: 12,108

CURRENT TALLY: 6783

GWS -
2018 TALLY: 25,243

CURRENT TALLY: 14,284

Hawthorn -
2018 TALLY: 80,302

CURRENT TALLY: 60,295

Melbourne -
2018 TALLY: 44,275

CURRENT TALLY: 30,891

North Melbourne -
2018 TALLY: 40,789

CURRENT TALLY: 28,044

Port Adelaide -
2018 TALLY: 54,386

CURRENT TALLY: 49,110

Richmond -
2018 TALLY: 100,726

CURRENT TALLY: 76,445

St Kilda -
2018 TALLY: 46,301

CURRENT TALLY: 28,000

Sydney -
2018 TALLY: 60,934

CURRENT TALLY: 31,245

West Coast -
2018 TALLY: 80,290

CURRENT TALLY: 60,384

Western Bulldogs -
2018 TALLY: 43,246

CURRENT TALLY: 29,129

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
On the campaign trail: Your club's membership drive - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

Couple of interesting things in this article.

No surprises for us, we'll continue to play the long game and target kids and their families.

It's clear the Crows and the Eagles are somewhat restricted by ground capacity. Their neigbours in both cases a pretty strong but haven't run into that wall yet.

:D I'm sure Port fans are genuinely confused by the notion of reasons to be a member though. If you have to ask you're just not the right material.

How do the Eagles get to 100k members though? My understanding is they dont have limited game memberships. There's only so much growth you can get from interstate members, I assume they have those.

On the campaign trail: Your club's membership drive - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-26/on-the-campaign-trail-your-clubs-membership-drive

Couple of interesting things in this article.

No surprises for us, we'll continue to play the long game and target kids and their families.

It's clear the Crows and the Eagles are somewhat restricted by ground capacity. Their neigbours in both cases a pretty strong but haven't run into that wall yet.

:D I'm sure Port fans are genuinely confused by the notion of reasons to be a member though. If you have to ask you're just not the right material.

How do the Eagles get to 100k members though? My understanding is they dont have limited game memberships. There's only so much growth you can get from interstate members, I assume they have those.

The Eagles setup their wait list so they meet the threshold to count as members (and no doubt the AFL sets the threshold so they can do so...too much PR value in the extra numbers).

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The Eagles setup their wait list so they meet the threshold to count as members (and no doubt the AFL sets the threshold so they can do so...too much PR value in the extra numbers).
I didn't see that. I do get the $50 threshold. Cant see it would be very fulfilling for people who cant have a seat to know they're members.

The Crows part says they recommend a digital membership, but you do get access to some tkts. Optus has a significant number of tkt sales at the ground as I understand it. I get that is probably the WA Govt not the Eagles but it's a bit wierd.

I didn't see that. I do get the $50 threshold. Cant see it would be very fulfilling for people who cant have a seat to know they're members.

The Crows part says they recommend a digital membership, but you do get access to some tkts. Optus has a significant number of tkt sales at the ground as I understand it. I get that is probably the WA Govt not the Eagles but it's a bit wierd.

I think they buy them so they can get get ticketed memberships in time, more than the joy of being able to call themselves 'members'.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Considering how little membership numbers mean, its amazing how salty many on social media are getting about Adelaides numbers. I suppose people just expect Adelaide to sell useless memberships for $50.

I think its to be admired that they offer such an inclusive service so that everyone gets to feel counted and part of something bigger.

But no, lets sign up our pets instead

Considering how little membership numbers mean, its amazing how salty many on social media are getting about Adelaides numbers. I suppose people just expect Adelaide to sell useless memberships for $50.

I think its to be admired that they offer such an inclusive service so that everyone gets to feel counted and part of something bigger.

For the most part, I think the whole membership thing is so disjointed it's meaningless...You're not just comparing apples and oranges, there are whole fruit baskets in there.

That said, I do laugh at Adelaide including their free, online memberships in their membership announcements though....'2017 Premiership Cup' is such an excellent member for them after all (which reminds me, I haven't renewed that yet).

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

I wasn't having having a go at the Crows, and I cant see anyone else has.

From an interstate supporters point of view AO is difficult. I paid $87.50 for a seat in round 1 2017. Very close to the AFL seating cost for the 2017 QF of $90 and significantly more than other ground. At the club organised game they at least thought about how to look after a small number and gave us a half sized aisle in the Riverbank stand. At the QF we were were shoved at the front and intermingled with Crows supporters.

We have pet memberships, so what. The cost $30 dont meet the AFL audit, and aren't counted by the club.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wasn't having having a go at the Crows, and I cant see anyone else has.

From an interstate supporters point of view AO is difficult. I paid $87.50 for a seat in round 1 2017. Very close to the AFL seating cost for the 2017 QF of $90 and significantly more than other ground. At the club organised game they at least thought about how to look after a small number and gave us a half sized aisle in the Riverbank stand. At the QF we were were shoved at the front and intermingled with Crows supporters.

We have pet memberships, so what. The cost $30 dont meet the AFL audit, and aren't counted by the club.

Social media was a reference to Facebook, Twitter etc. There is plenty there if you wish to look. I didn't quote you so im not sure why you are being sensitive.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
For the most part, I think the whole membership thing is so disjointed it's meaningless...You're not just comparing apples and oranges, there are whole fruit baskets in there.

That said, I do laugh at Adelaide including their free, online memberships in their membership announcements though....'2017 Premiership Cup' is such an excellent member for them after all (which reminds me, I haven't renewed that yet).

What a worthless post.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Social media was a reference to Facebook, Twitter etc. There is plenty there if you wish to look. I didn't quote you so im not sure why you are being sensitive.
That would only be relevant if I was being sensitive. Reality is I dont care enough. I was just pointing out your sensitivity.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
That would only be relevant if I was being sensitive. Reality is I dont care enough. I was just pointing out your sensitivity.

No, you were demonstrating your inherent assumption that everyone is talking to you.

I didnt even read what you posted when i typed my post and I still haven't. Everyone knows you have no credibility on here.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
No, you were demonstrating your inherent assumption that everyone is talking to you.

I didnt even read what you posted when i typed my post and I still haven't. Everyone knows you have no credibility on here.
When did you start to feel it was ok to tell people when and what they could post on an online forum?

It's funny you think you can speak for everybody and likely related.

I believe these things often first show in adolescence

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

In The Wings members are waitlisted, i.e they are in the queue @ $70 a year, when a seated member doesn't renew you get the opportunity to step up. If you don't renew your ITW membership you lose your place in the queue.
https://membership.westcoasteagles.com.au/wings

So 50k seated members, the 3 & 5 match members get a seat in the public area.

Adelaide's membership seems rather farcical. I recently became an online member without paying a cent.

Capture.JPG

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Has anyone started a campaign to get as many people to join the Adelaide mailing list, then they can boast 250k members, then at audit time, have 65k?

Membership #s, membership $s - now there is real disconnect & its AFL fuelled.

Check out last year, it exposes a few porkies:

Membership, Reserved seating
  • Adelaide - $23,252,578 (includes corporate box revenue)
  • Collingwood - $23,126,822 (includes matchday)
  • West Coast - $21,798,249
  • Fremantle - $16,156,558
  • Geelong - $16,039,108 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Sydney - $15,585,482 (includes matchday)
  • Hawthorn - $12,446,104
  • Essendon - $11,971,985
  • Carlton - $8,527,889
  • Western Bulldogs - $8,469,489
  • Melbourne - $8,057,900 (includes fundraising)
  • St Kilda - $7,477,148
  • North Melbourne - $6,593,189
  • Gold Coast - $6,219,235 (includes gate reciepts)
  • Brisbane - $5,530,944
  • GWS - $1,840,186 (includes merchandise)
  • Richmond - Not Available
Exposes Richard Pullar every time they slag Adelaide, give it a break Dick !!!!!

Back