Footscray~31,000
Sydney~30,000
St Kilda~30,000
Brisbane-17,879
West Sydney-15,651
Gold Coast~8,000

Any further updates anyone can add would be great :cool:
Screenshot_20190215-204440.jpg

The Eagles setup their wait list so they meet the threshold to count as members (and no doubt the AFL sets the threshold so they can do so...too much PR value in the extra numbers).

So what is this threshhold you are eluding to?

What have the AFL done for the Eagles - again dear boy, its supply & demand & your usual claim is its gouging.
IMHO the Eagles charges are based around demand, so are the Tiges I'd guess, & North ....

Fancy, the Tiges dont even reveal the $ value of their membership but SCREAMS about their numbers .... so what ...
..... ah the duck: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

Last edited:
Has anyone started a campaign to get as many people to join the Adelaide mailing list, then they can boast 250k members, then at audit time, have 65k?

They've got the money from their members in the bank, & still you cry foul, or in your case its fowl.

So what is this threshhold you are eluding to?

What have the AFL done for the Eagles - again dear boy, its supply & demand & your usual claim is its gouging.
IMHO the Eagles charges are based around demand, so are the Tiges I'd guess, & North ....

Fancy, the Tiges dont even reveal the $ value of their membership but SCREAMS about their numbers .... so what ...
..... ah the duck: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

I'm not suggesting they've done anything wrong.

and the threshold would be the minimum level the AFL has set for someone to count as a member.

15/02/19
Richmond-83,798
Collingwood-65,765
West Coast~65,000
Hawthorn~65,000
Essendon-61,548
Adelaide~60,000
Port Adelaide-51,176
Fremantle~50,000
Geelong~50,000
Carlton-49,721
Melbourne-35,148
North Melbourne-31,609
Footscray~31,000
Sydney~30,000
St Kilda~30,000
Brisbane-17,879
West Sydney-15,651
Gold Coast~8,000

Any further updates anyone can add would be great :cool:

Small update:
IMG_4988.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you've got no standards and let anyone sign up.

Cut them some rope, their PC policy of 'no money required' is inclusive & leading the AFL, or even the sporting world, onya Benny !!!

The new world of sporting club membership, Man U should try it. :'(:'(

What’s going on with some clubs not reporting their membership numbers this year? Hawthorn for example have always promoted its membership and supporters embraced it. I can only assume that perhaps their membership is not tracking to expectations this year? Collingwood stopped publishing its figures in declining years. And now they’re back in growth they’re back up on their site.. perhaps a bit cynical but it’s interesting.

Where’s Hawthorns figure at? Hows it tracking Vs last year? Is it struggling to reach 80,000 in 2019 and on track for I think it’s first decline in over a decade?

Great to see Carlton +10,000. Irrespective of what’s driving it, at least the clubs fanbse appears to be uniting again behind the club. On track for 65,000 which is a much more acceptable number for a big club despite its obvious on field failings. With strong realignment of club and fans as well as obvious green shoots for the first time pointing to a brighter future, the fans are responding with their commitment.

Collingwood look like they’re growing nicely. Perhaps on target for 85,000. Essendon are up Vs same time last year as well and a strong start to the year will see it on track for a similar result as the Pies. A premiership is required for these two clubs to join the Tigers.

Clubs in decline as evidenced by hiding their figures from the public sphere maybe are Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong I suggest. Hawthorn May drop all the way down to 5th on the membership ladder.

What’s going on with some clubs not reporting their membership numbers this year? Hawthorn for example have always promoted its membership and supporters embraced it. I can only assume that perhaps their membership is not tracking to expectations this year? Collingwood stopped publishing its figures in declining years. And now they’re back in growth they’re back up on their site.. perhaps a bit cynical but it’s interesting.

Where’s Hawthorns figure at? Hows it tracking Vs last year? Is it struggling to reach 80,000 in 2019 and on track for I think it’s first decline in over a decade?

Great to see Carlton +10,000. Irrespective of what’s driving it, at least the clubs fanbse appears to be uniting again behind the club. On track for 65,000 which is a much more acceptable number for a big club despite its obvious on field failings. With strong realignment of club and fans as well as obvious green shoots for the first time pointing to a brighter future, the fans are responding with their commitment.

Collingwood look like they’re growing nicely. Perhaps on target for 85,000. Essendon are up Vs same time last year as well and a strong start to the year will see it on track for a similar result as the Pies. A premiership is required for these two clubs to join the Tigers.

Clubs in decline as evidenced by hiding their figures from the public sphere maybe are Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong I suggest. Hawthorn May drop all the way down to 5th on the membership ladder.

Hawks are soft. The day we overtook them is the day they stopped showing their numbers lol. For 15 years they bragged about their numbers. They'd even wait 2 weeks until we updated our figure so they could update their bigger figures within minutes lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back