Official Club Stuff 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cut them some rope, their PC policy of 'no money required' is inclusive & leading the AFL, or even the sporting world, onya Benny !!!

The new world of sporting club membership, Man U should try it. :'(:'(

please link to free RFC memberships that we count in our membership numbers

Cut them some rope, their PC policy of 'no money required' is inclusive & leading the AFL, or even the sporting world, onya Benny !!!

The new world of sporting club membership, Man U should try it. :'(:'(

Mate your posts should come with a government health warning.

Too much salt can damage your health.

Why is Richmond the only AFL club that does not disclose their membership revenue? Something to hide perhaps?

For a club with 100,000 members, their membership revenue should be through the roof, or are they giving it away cheaply to get the numbers. Need more transparency.

Why is Richmond the only AFL club that does not disclose their membership revenue? Something to hide perhaps?

For a club with 100,000 members, their membership revenue should be through the roof, or are they giving it away cheaply to get the numbers. Need more transparency.

it goes back to their internal structure

they have a consumer division and a corporate division, and the reporting is based upon this structure.

consumer is membership, coteries, gate, merchandise. corporate sponsorship, corporate box sales, etc

it goes back to their internal structure

they have a consumer division and a corporate division, and the reporting is based upon this structure.

consumer is membership, coteries, gate, merchandise. corporate sponsorship, corporate box sales, etc

That's a bit of a stretch - unless you're suggesting they don't actually know what their membership revenue is (which is extremely unlikely) then it's clearly a choice of the club not to report it separately.

That's a bit of a stretch - unless you're suggesting they don't actually know what their membership revenue is (which is extremely unlikely) then it's clearly a choice of the club not to report it separately.

They only report divisionally, no breakdowns for either commercial or consumer. Also this was their answer when asked at an AGM, so it's not a stretch, it's what they said

Fwiw my company is the same. My division sells two services, but it's not broken down between the two services in our reports.

They only report divisionally, no breakdowns for either commercial or consumer. Also this was their answer when asked at an AGM, so it's not a stretch, it's what they said

Well they're hardly going to say "We don't want to reveal how low our revenue per member is".

Fwiw my company is the same. My division sells two services, but it's not broken down between the two services in our reports.

I bet they're well aware of the revenue splits though.

Well they're hardly going to say "We don't want to reveal how low our revenue per member is".

I bet they're well aware of the revenue splits though.

Of course they know, it's just how it's gets reported.

As a RFC member, all I care about is that the revenue is growing. I honestly don't give a s**t how the club v club s**t goes, because we don't get anything extra (or less) for where we are on the membership per person ladder.

Would I like a breakdown, yes. I'm not sobbing at night about it though, because the clubs financials have been moving in the right direction

Whatever, the point is our revenue is tracking upwardly along with our increasing membership and attendances, you're grasping at straws.
RFC Revenue
2016 - $47.5 million, members 72,278, Attendance 900,237 (22 games)
2017 - $65.2 million, members 75,777, Attendance 1,314,058 (25 games)
2018 - $79.8 million, members 101,562, Attendance 1,381,298 (24 games)

All clubs have the same rules applied which is why Adelaide starts with 80k+ (counting free mail out members)but the official figure becomes 60k.

Last edited:

I guarantee you there is a number cruncher at your company that knows the individual revenue lines down to a decimal point - just as there would be at RFC.

I doubt Richmond are giving away any memberships though, I recall someone mentioning a minimum spend in order for it to count in club's membership tally?
Although I would never put it past the AFL to play silly buggers in the name of promotion.

I guarantee you there is a number cruncher at your company that knows the individual revenue lines down to a decimal point - just as there would be at RFC.

I doubt Richmond are giving away any memberships though, I recall someone mentioning a minimum spend in order for it to count in club's membership tally?
Although I would never put it past the AFL to play silly buggers in the name of promotion.

Do you read? I said of course they break it down internally (as we do), it's just they don't do it in the report (as they don't split out merch sales, the gate, sponsorship, or corporate sales either )

And yes there are rules. All memberships are audited via the AFL, and the age of memberships not attached to a name, given away for free, or of no value are over. They simply don't survive the AFL audit (which is why the crows E memberships always vanish in the official numbers)

For the record, I'm not one of this dick swingers who thinks my club has the best of everything. We do not pay the most for our memberships, even in Melbourne. But there are reasons for that (and all vary from club to club), which is why I'm cool with it.

As long as we grow our revenues or margins, I'm happy. It's why I go to the AGM and actually ask questions of Gale and O'Neal when im with them.

My club doesn't. They have been minimizing what they report for all of this decade including accounts they lodge with ASIC. Generic items of - Revenue from AFL, Match Day and Merchandise, Revenue from Football Operations, Revenue from Licensed Venues, and Other Revenue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I would think so. Thought we actually had the majority of support last night out of the 5,000 at the game. Looked like it on the tv

Certainly in the outer but that's not much of a surprise. I suspect the interstate supporter groups jump at JLT opportunities as there is usually only one other opportunity each year

"100,000 MEMBERS!!!" sounds better than "15,000 reserved seat season ticket holders + 85,000 people paying $50". So Richmond don't make the latter information available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back