Official Club Stuff 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When a few of the clubs with massive national appeal start converting their total fan base to members the goal posts will change again. Clubs in 10 years will have 150,000 members. If Collingwood or Essendon (or Carlton) win a flag they may well establish new watermarks by converting their massive fan base across the county. We are yet to fully unpack this broader supporter base opportunity interstate and overseas.

That's all just pie in the sky talk.

That's all just pie in the sky talk.
Yep of course it is... Just as it was when for 30 years Richmond supporters ranted on and on about how their club would go to the next level with ultimate success. And it did...

All the underlying indicators indicate both Collingwood and Essendon will move to a new sphere in membership IF they win a premiership. I don’t think that’s any secret.

Yep of course it is... Just as it was when for 30 years Richmond supporters ranted on and on about how their club would go to the next level with ultimate success. And it did...

All the underlying indicators indicate both Collingwood and Essendon will move to a new sphere in membership IF they win a premiership. I don’t think that’s any secret.

A premiership to either Collingwood or Essendon would easily surpass Richmond. Collingwood and Essendon have huge national followings unlike Richmond who’s fans are mostly in Victoria.

A premiership to either Collingwood or Essendon would easily surpass Richmond. Collingwood and Essendon have huge national followings unlike Richmond who’s fans are mostly in Victoria.
One point off a flag last year and you're 20k behind us in memberships.

You really have NFI

One point off a flag last year and you're 20k behind us in memberships.

You really have no idea

Collingwood 80,000 members to Richmond selling 100,000 memberships. How many people have received 2 or 3 memberships at Richmond??? That is the question. Still you cannot outdraw us. Pies 103,000 ahead and it’s only round 8

Collingwood 80,000 members to Richmond selling 100,000 memberships. How many people have received 2 or 3 memberships at Richmond??? That is the question. Still you cannot outdraw us. Pies 103,000 ahead and it’s only round 8

For about the 1000th time, memberships are recorded in an AFL managed software package which is constantly audited. If they don't comply with the AFL criteria, they don't count

The Maurice Riolo Club does NOT count as a membership. It's the social club bolt on you get with your existing membership, because it does not grant you access to the game (only the social club).

Unlike other clubs in the VFL, Richmond didn't have the same status of its social club that others did (I was a member when it was the social club and transitioned to the MRC) - the social club wasn't a separate voting block for example (or the sole voting block) at agm's.

Do AFL and MCC members count in club membership totals? I suspect AFL could but not MCC? What if you buy add-ons by the MCC for Marvel access? Collingwood has more members in both of those categories.

Do AFL and MCC members count in club membership totals? I suspect AFL could but not MCC? What if you buy add-ons by the MCC for Marvel access? Collingwood has more members in both of those categories.

Off memory (I don't have either)

Afl does if you tag a club you support

MCC doesn't unless you buy one of the additional MCC support memberships most much tenant clubs sell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL yes, but not all memberships - because they transfer some of that membership fee to the club that you tick the club supporter box with your application/annual renewal. Ticking a box doesn't cost you extra $$$$$. If you don't tick the box, no transfer of monies and you are not recorded with any club total.

MCC no. You have to buy an MCC add on package which costs you extra $$$$. Don't know how clubs categorize that membership as the MCC sell them as dual membership packages.
https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/dual-membership-options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back