2019 Membership thread - 100k again and growing!

Remove this Banner Ad

My Dad was never the same when Fitzroy merged, he never enjoyed footy fully again.
That's why I hope Richmond remains strong financially with a healthy membership.
We need to be extremely prudent with new teams like AFLW etc, limit financial exposure.
Good for your dad...sounds like he was a true passionate Roy Boy! I would feel exactly the same if the Tigers, heaven forbid, folded!
That Fitzroy stuff should never have been allowed to happen by the scum bag Offal.
Those original teams were the history and soul of the competition, even part of Richmond's history, even the Offals!
Fitroy's demise orchestrated by the Offal affected us all...made us all the more poorer by their mean spirited action!

My Dad was never the same when Fitzroy merged, he never enjoyed footy fully again.
That's why I hope Richmond remains strong financially with a healthy membership.
We need to be extremely prudent with new teams like AFLW etc, limit financial exposure.

Agree. But I see AFLW as a chance to expand the reach of the Tiger army. Only real issue is the AFL screwing up such a great opportunity. Which they seem to be trying to do.

On the other hand I hope we only provide AFLX with token support, if that. It's a dog that won't help us in any way.

Just on memberships... anyone see the story today about the published Crows number of 75K+ members?
Apparently it includes "non paying digital members/non match day members" who receive 10% discount in their store only and online content only.
Piss weak AFC!

Good news for us is that the AFL would have to lose a handful of teams before we even got close to folding. Would take an absolute catastrophe or something really dumb (like investing all our capital in newspaper publication, or cassette players).

Chances are very slim so we should all be able to relax and enjoy the ride

Just on memberships... anyone see the story today about the published Crows number of 75K+ members?
Apparently it includes "non paying digital members/non match day members" who receive 10% discount in their store only and online content only.
Piss weak AFC!
They are effectively counting facebook likes as members.

Piss weak AFC!

I literally said what the article said 12 months ago - that clubs like adelaid were being mischievous and getting nearly a years mileage out of bullshit numbers which gives them a leg up when negotiating new sponsorship deals etc. Its disgusting and shouldnt be allowed.

I literally said what the article said 12 months ago - that clubs like adelaid were being mischievous and getting nearly a years mileage out of bullshit numbers which gives them a leg up when negotiating new sponsorship deals etc. Its disgusting and shouldnt be allowed.

They get knocked down every year but keep doing it same as Collingwood. Dishonest pricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healthy membership and revenues are great assets.
We just have to be careful the two new women's teams do not cost too much and eat into the bottom line.
I am sure we have the best financial staff.
In the U.S. new franchise teams are subject to stringent accounting and auditing before they proceed.
We can do the same.

Membership pack arrived the other day. Just a membership card & a cardboard fixture with no magnet. missing stickers & lanyard. also had my membership changed from Country to access 11 without me knowing. last year the club accidently cancelled my 10 year membership because my debit card had expired and changed to a new one and i couldnt purchase tickets to the collingwood game late in the season. rang the club and they sorted it but not really feeling the love anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back