2019 membership updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When last year I heard that we had numerous Sunday games in Melbourne i was deflated. It means poor public transport, poor crowds, and an experience that can at times feel soulless.

But I didn't think we would be playing at 3.20pm on Sunday!!!!!

This is the worst possible draw for attending the football. For one season i can stomach it, but if it comes around again soon then i don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkk

Hall of Famer
Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
*and Dicker purchases another ~15k - allowing for the ~3-4k natural growth in those few years
Remember all those threads a few weeks ago regarding our membership and crowds...

32,000 (Eagles), 67,000 (Pies), 54,000 (Cats) at the MCG and 13,000 (Dockers) and 16,000 (Lions) in Tasmania and now record membership isn’t too bad for the most boring team in the league

For what it’s worth, how are North Melbourne’s crowds in Hobart going?

Minnesota Wisdom

Senior List
Jul 12, 2007
Melbourne - South East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think it's safe to say that we were shocked out of apathy in '96. We, as supporters, are the best in the league when it comes to digging into our pockets to purchase our membership regardless of how many games we can attend during the year.

While our crowd numbers can be proportionally lower with respect to our membership numbers compared to other clubs, I see that as a positive. We continue to support financially to ensure we're never in the position of 96' again

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom