2019 membership updates

Stratton has also kicked a goal... who is in charge of this stuff?!
It's true. Stratts kicked a goal in his 17th game.

He's played 152 since.

The Dunstall one though........

Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My youngest cousin went for Hawthorn when he was little but then he became a Sydney boy when Buddy went there. Now he’ll be a Swan forever. Truly sad story. He was a Hawks fan for 2012 and a Swans fan for 2014. A truly sad story.
I’m happy to buy the little tike a copy of the 2014 GF this Xmas.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Received an oversized apron type "thing" with my daughter's junior membership. Still trying to figure out what the point of it is? :think:

We got our members packs the other day. I presume the membership cards come separately?
Check the pack closely. I almost missed mine as it was attached to one of the cardboard bits that opened out. As the membership card is predominantly gold, as is the cardboard it is attached to, it may not be easy to spot.

Hawk Hogan

Senior List
Nov 16, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I got my pack a couple of weeks ago. No membership card.
I still have the fold out cardboard thing, I just had another check, no card attached.

Just received this from HFC

Earlier this week, the Hawthorn Football Club was informed of the theft of a club staff member’s computer.

The device was stolen, amongst other items, from the staff member’s locked motor vehicle.

The computer, which is password protected, housed a spreadsheet containing member data. The data within the spreadsheet is not sensitive information and includes no financial details. The personal information in the spreadsheet consists of: name, member ID, street address, contact phone numbers, email address and date of birth.

It is important to stress that no financial information, credit card details or other personal details were included in the spreadsheet.

The computer was not club branded and could not have been visibly recognised as property of the Hawthorn Football Club. As mentioned above, it was also password protected. Although the computer has been stolen, there is no evidence that the thief, or any other unauthorised person, has been able to access the spreadsheet.

Taking a cautious approach, the club has notified the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) of the incident.

Whilst it is not possible for the club to determine whether your personal data may have been accessed without authorisation, we are providing you with this notice so that you can assess the possible consequences of this incident for you, if any, and take any steps that you decide may be necessary.

If you are concerned that your data may have been compromised, we suggest the following:

• Enable multi‐factor authentication and other available security measures provided by your online services;
  • Be alert of potential phishing emails and telephone calls from anyone requesting your personal details and avoid opening attachments from unknown senders on any virtual platform;
  • Install or update anti‐virus software and keep it updated; and
  • Apply recommended software patches from operating system and software providers.
For general information about how you can you protect your data privacy, visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website at www.scamwatch.gov.au.

For further steps you can take, we also recommend that you visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/data‐breach‐guidance.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you that the Hawthorn Football Club takes the security of your data very seriously. We are working with all our stakeholders to ensure all measures are taken to prevent this issue in the future.

We appreciate that you may have additional questions. If so, please contact us at privacy.officer@hawthornfc.com.au or phone 1300 042 957.

Yours sincerely,

Jeremy Millard
General Manager - Consumer Business

Black Hawk

Debutant
Jun 11, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Renegades, Chiefs
This is really bad...

Why was the data on the staff members portable device in the first place?

Did the spreadsheet contain all members?

What was the staff member doing with the data?

Is it standard practice for a staff member to have member data on their portable devices?

NiceJacketJeff

Senior List
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U
"The device was stolen, amongst other items, from the staff member’s locked motor vehicle.

The computer, which is password protected..." with the password "password"

This is really bad...

Is it standard practice for a staff member to have member data on their portable devices?

Mate, it’s 2018. There’s probably hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, who have portable work devices with sensitive client data on them that are taken with them as they travel.

This is really bad...

I'm currently doing a training course re: personal info, and you'd be surprised the kinds of data stored on portable devices. Scary stuff.

Back