2019 membership updates

Why the secrecy from the club regarding our membership numbers? It's been displayed in previous years.
not the first year they've done this

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When last year I heard that we had numerous Sunday games in Melbourne i was deflated. It means poor public transport, poor crowds, and an experience that can at times feel soulless.

But I didn't think we would be playing at 3.20pm on Sunday!!!!!

This is the worst possible draw for attending the football. For one season i can stomach it, but if it comes around again soon then i don't know.

NiceJacketJeff

Senior List
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U
Currently at 69,721 as per Jeff’s letter to members today. Well short of the hoped for 85,000.
Hopefully there is a large sign up at our home game Sunday week.

Currently at 69,721 as per Jeff’s letter to members today. Well short of the hoped for 85,000.
Hopefully there is a large sign up at our home game Sunday week.
That's on par to last year, at the same stage as last year we were on 69,700 :thumbsu:

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Dicker must have bought another 1000.

Great effort though really.

100,000 target by 2022 gettable if we land Cogs and have a good couple of years
*and Dicker purchases another ~15k - allowing for the ~3-4k natural growth in those few years

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
*and Dicker purchases another ~15k - allowing for the ~3-4k natural growth in those few years

Remember all those threads a few weeks ago regarding our membership and crowds...

32,000 (Eagles), 67,000 (Pies), 54,000 (Cats) at the MCG and 13,000 (Dockers) and 16,000 (Lions) in Tasmania and now record membership isn’t too bad for the most boring team in the league

For what it’s worth, how are North Melbourne’s crowds in Hobart going?

Minnesota Wisdom

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2007
Melbourne - South East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think it's safe to say that we were shocked out of apathy in '96. We, as supporters, are the best in the league when it comes to digging into our pockets to purchase our membership regardless of how many games we can attend during the year.

While our crowd numbers can be proportionally lower with respect to our membership numbers compared to other clubs, I see that as a positive. We continue to support financially to ensure we're never in the position of 96' again

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back