2019 Membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moderator #352
AO have been flogging their memberships hard on the radio in the last few weeks

i guess there have been alot of people jumping off
No reciprocal rights for AFL finals at the MCG, no guaranteed Grand Final ticket for Port or Crows and limited benefit to the supported AFL club, especially for Port. I can see the appeal.

Zakk Wylde

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Not sure where this Dew out of his depth theory has come from ??

Didn't even think there was anything wrong with the draft night footage either ??

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure where this Dew out of his depth theory has come from ??

Didn't even think there was anything wrong with the draft night footage either ??
1. Some Port supporters wanted Dew as coach.
2. Dew went elsewhere and didn't win a premiership in his first season.
3. The people mentioned in point 1 are idiots.

Simple.

PatientMental

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1. Some Port supporters wanted Dew as coach.
2. Dew went elsewhere and didn't win a premiership in his first season.
3. The people mentioned in point 1 are idiots.

Simple.
That and they assume that coaches should have more than 0 idea about draftees outside about the same as people who see phantom drafts.

If they know anything about the draftees they're not exactly spending all of their resources on their actual job.

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AO have been flogging their memberships hard on the radio in the last few weeks

i guess there have been alot of people jumping off
The lustre of AO is starting to wear off and this can be directly attributed to the SMA's greed. Their price gouging, their insatiable appetite to squeeze every cent out of the rank and file punter, their card only payment system, ever decreasing choice and diminishing service standards is turning people away. They are slowly but surely killing the golden goose and destroying the goodwill the people of SA have towards the place.

People are getting sick of it and these campaigners need to be called out on it at every opportunity.

crows dude

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
No reciprocal rights for AFL finals at the MCG, no guaranteed Grand Final ticket for Port or Crows and limited benefit to the supported AFL club, especially for Port. I can see the appeal.
I love it and go to all 22 matches. Also have a crows gold upgrade attached to it sp have my GF guarantee but yes its getting very expensive.

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know a few people who have got one this year due to them advertising it on Facebook.
Maybe they’ve released more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As hilarious as it was signing up fake Crows e-members, it's times like this where that backfires because most people will take one glance and not realise their tally is ridiculously over-inflated. It's quite clever marketing from them, although extremely disingenuous.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As hilarious as it was signing up fake Crows e-members, it's times like this where that backfires because most people will take one glance and not realise their tally is ridiculously over-inflated. It's quite clever marketing from them, although extremely disingenuous.
Nah nothing has backfired. It's still funny.

smithy7

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
49,170 members! Not bad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
1546822398005.png

Not far to go ... 50,000 Members.
And no ... We Power As One ... Digital Members are not counted by Port to inflate numbers .. :D:p
Oh shite ... we don't have Digital Members so as to make our figures look good ..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Portology

Cheap, fast, safe: pick two, or juggle three.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Barcelona
I assume these 25,000 or so, free crows e-memberships, just roll over and you are automatically a member each year without doing anything. Easy way to keep the numbers up.
#fakenumbers

"rolling over free memberships" elloheffingell. How about they gift everyone a free North Korean citizenship next.

surprised the sheer tackiness of this tactic hasn't been ridiculed more strongly but then I don't drift off this board too much so I might be missing it ;)

Alberton Proud

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
#fakenumbers

"rolling over free memberships" elloheffingell. How about they gift everyone a free North Korean citizenship next.

surprised the sheer tackiness of this tactic hasn't been ridiculed more strongly but then I don't drift off this board too much so I might be missing it ;)
The tackiness of this tactic is tactically tacit :p

Top Bottom