Lockhart Road

Cultural Attache
Mar 26, 2013
Happy Valley Bar & Grill, Hong Kong
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Indeed, names of Club executives who are no longer at Alberton still appear on the Staff page on the PAFC website.

Ex-Chief Operating Officer Steve Dawes is one ... and ex GM Marketing & Brand Oliver Shawyer alias ex-Whizz Kid from Sydney is another, already replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Stephen Shirley.

More changes in the van.
He was the guy who used to work for the club earlier this decade in membership development area. When I went to a Supporters Group meeting with the NSW Supporters Group president in early 2012, I had been back in Adelaide just on a year, the club brought in members of supporter groups from all round Oz for an all day meeting, and the prez asked if I could go along with him as I had spent 4 years on the NSW committee and he stayed with me.

Shirley proved us with membership and fan survey data and seemed to be really surprised by the survey results that showed over 90% of Power supporters supported the Magpies. He said something like we had no idea it was that big. I thought at the time, no wonder our membership numbers dropped to 29,000 in 2011.

Web archieve page of staff from December 2012
BRAND AND FAN DEVELOPMENT
Stephen ShirleyBrand and Marketing Manager

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the discontent at trading off our "star player Wingard" resulted in quite a few non renewals. People including myself found myself questioning just what the bloody club was playing at. I get the discontent at the coach thing. All clubs being inconsistent will blame the coach... it is an easy out.

I still believe if we make the finals and have a little run at it then things will look much brighter for the club with 2020 memberships. It's a tough time for coach and the board... definitely in a rebuild of sorts. But with youngsters being played such as Ladhams, Marshall, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Burton, Bonner, Houston, SPP etc then we are looking good moving forward.

Compare what we have done getting games into the youngsters to what the Crows have done, who have blooded almost nobody of worthy note barr a 23yo ruckman and a 27yo tall defender who now wants to leave.

It's tough for any coach but if Ken pulls off making finals playing this young team then I think when you sell the dream to members next year then it's a better product.

I still say PAFC supporters are notorious bandwagoners.. and I have been going to games since the early 80s

Butters Made Me Do It

secretly Portia, ssh
Mar 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Social Club
But with youngsters being played such as Ladhams, Marshall, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Burton, Bonner, Houston, SPP etc then we are looking good moving forward.

Compare what we have done getting games into the youngsters to what the Crows have done, who have blooded almost nobody of worthy note barr a 23yo ruckman and a 27yo tall defender who now wants to leave.

It's tough for any coach but if Ken pulls off making finals playing this young team then I think when you sell the dream to members next year then it's a better product.
Hi did you miss tribey’s thread?

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeh I dont read all the tripe on here. The facts i just wrote above are all true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Powerstufff

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2004
Not too far from Alberton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SANFL Magpies
I think the discontent at trading off our "star player Wingard" resulted in quite a few non renewals ....
True. And no matter how well we/Hawthorn did from that since it was how it was revealed to us at the time that matters. A mixture of shock and confusion. Wingard seemed to be saying he wanted to stay and simultaneously club officials were jemmying his locker open and carrying his possessions out onto the footpath. Meanwhile we were dealing with the 2 captains thing and the club's "^&%k you!" attitude about that.
I suppose I could add Polec and Pittard going but IMO that was reasonable and well communicated.

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
We have lots of players above average age and we have lots of players below average age. The fact that we have a lot of players above average age doesn't invalidate the fact that we have the likes of Ladhams, Marshall, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Burton, Bonner, Houston, SPP (plus Hayes, Garner, Drew, Atley, Frampton, Farrell) who are a promising young group.

Top Bottom