2019 Membership

The trust in the team has been eroded. It will magically reappear when the team starts playing watchable football, and then the club will have to deal with members who didn’t renew asking for a seat that has gone to someone else...

I really hope this happens

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am judging our membership take-up based upon relativity to 2015 figures at this point in time, as it is the worst case scenarion which still ended up with ca 60000 members.
Still a bit early to get concerned IMO.
PAFC 020119.jpg

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
BHE6748-cover.jpg

Couldn't find the appropriate thread but been thinking how cool if our 2004 GF was able to be remastered in to full HD. is this something that the club can control or the AFL.

I notice the NBA has been starting for a few years getting the NBA Finals re-mastered to Full HD

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 614060

Couldn't find the appropriate thread but been thinking how cool if our 2004 GF was able to be remastered in to full HD. is this something that the club can control or the AFL.

I notice the NBA has been starting for a few years getting the NBA Finals re-mastered to Full HD
It'd be nice, but all Grand Finals up until about 2010?ish were recorded in broadcast quality SD which at best would have been 576p at 4:3. The versions that they use for fox and subsequent rebroadcasts is a edited version of that recording to be in 16:9 so they may either stretch it out, or cut the bottom and top off the footage, or just the bottom.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
The trust in the team has been eroded. It will magically reappear when the team starts playing watchable football, and then the club will have to deal with members who didn’t renew asking for a seat that has gone to someone else...

We're lucky really that seats are a lot harder to come by and impossible to get back if you lose them. If the entire stadium was GA tickets, we'd have dropped a lot more.

7 Feb 2019 - 50,685
7 Feb 2018 - 53,086

We're now really starting to see the drop, the gap will probably continue to get bigger unless we smash it early in the season. This could be what prompted the most recent member survey with the laughable portnight question.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
7 Feb 2019 - 50,685
7 Feb 2018 - 53,086

We're now really starting to see the drop, the gap will probably continue to get bigger unless we smash it early in the season. This could be what prompted the most recent member survey with the laughable portnight question.

A drop of just on 2,400, which I suspect will probably increase to somewhere between 5 and 6 K by the commencement of the season.
Hopefully it won't be more than that!

A drop of just on 2,400, which I suspect will probably increase to somewhere between 5 and 6 K by the commencement of the season.
The overwhelming majority of the drop off is those who have GA type memberships - 11 games GA, 3 games, country members, interstaters who don't have to pay up before the season starts to get a reserved seat and are disappointed with our efforts and will wait and see what happens. Compare the figures for the Friday before the first home game / end of March, since 2015, and that will give a truer indication of what the likely end figure will be.

Last edited:

A 5k drop after the s**t show that was the end of 2018 AND trading out Wingard is probably a win.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We're lucky really that seats are a lot harder to come by and impossible to get back if you lose them. If the entire stadium was GA tickets, we'd have dropped a lot more.

It is actually good management rather than luck.

The club have been smart in their approach not releasing too many seated 11 game memberships.

What would be interesting for me is the churn. How many are new members who haven't been members for the past few years, and how many are continuing with a downgraded membership, how many upgraded, and how many didn't renew all together and how long had they been members before that.

I expect i'll see a lot of new people around my seat as they change hands.

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Th
What would be interesting for me is the churn. How many are new members who haven't been members for the past few years, and how many are continuing with a downgraded membership, how many upgraded, and how many didn't renew all together and how long had they been members before that.

I expect i'll see a lot of new people around my seat as they change hands.

The auto renewal helped a lot no doubt but I would say after audit probably further drop in numbers

Th

The auto renewal helped a lot no doubt but I would say after audit probably further drop in numbers
The audit makes adjustment to Port for two reasons.
1 - AOSMA Football membership split the 28%/72% with crows. Those 8,000 memberships have to be purchased before Christmas. So no abnormal change there.
2- the memberships we sell to kids and babies with no game access for less than $50 aren't counted by the AFL. Given that is about 1,300, in a total of 61,400 last year, that isn't going to massively drop off.

SgtSchulz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2014
Bob McLean Sportsbar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mark Webber
The audit makes adjustment to Port for two reasons.
1 - AOSMA Football membership split the 28%/72% with crows. Those 8,000 memberships have to be purchased before Christmas. So no abnormal change there.
2- the memberships we sell to kids and babies with no game access for less than $50 aren't counted by the AFL. Given that is about 1,300, in a total of 61,400 last year, that isn't going to massively drop off.
How fair dinkum is that 28%–72% split?

Power Plus

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2018
Morphett Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
I am judging our membership take-up based upon relativity to 2015 figures at this point in time, as it is the worst case scenarion which still ended up with ca 60000 members.
Still a bit early to get concerned IMO.
View attachment 613768
We we're told last night at Talking Footy by the Membership Manager that as of now we are tracking just above the numbers of 2018. That would be just around 54-55,000 members.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We we're told last night at Talking Footy by the Membership Manager that as of now we are tracking just above the numbers of 2018. That would be just around 54-55,000 members.
So they have newer data than what was published a couple if days ago.
That news is encouraging then.

Back