2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

So they have newer data than what was published a couple if days ago.
That news is encouraging then.

Overall numbers are a bit down but season ticket sales are up on last year, which is good

We we're told last night at Talking Footy by the Membership Manager that as of now we are tracking just above the numbers of 2018. That would be just around 54-55,000 members.

Not according to the membership ticker. Something is off.

We are gonna struggle to get to 55k the way we are going. Need some magical 2013 5-0 winning streak.
Gee , lets say a 5.000 drop , at a minimum 1.0 million $ loss then if you add the same percentage loss on merchandise sales and so on that could pay out Hinkley's contract right there !. Loses in the next 2 years there after could easily dwarf that figure. Kochie would want to be working the sponsors over hard to make up for that sort of loss.

Rancid.

If a membership gets you in to a club’s home games, it’s a membership. Except when it’s not, because SA Great as per usual.
Wouldn't they just do something easily quantified like % of those 8k seats every week over the season?

Would be more like 80% Crows 70% Port at a guess

Rancid.

If a membership gets you in to a club’s home games, it’s a membership. Except when it’s not, because SA Great as per usual.

No one has ever answered the query on what happens to the odd Hawthorn/Richmond/Sydney/et al supporters who have a stadium membership.
Do they get applied to their respective club? Or do they get applied to the 'default' club?

As you say, game access equals a membership in the outer, why not the same in the rarified air of the Western Stand?

No one has ever answered the query on what happens to the odd Hawthorn/Richmond/Sydney/et al supporters who have a stadium membership.
Do they get applied to their respective club? Or do they get applied to the 'default' club?

As you say, game access equals a membership in the outer, why not the same in the rarified air of the Western Stand?
I've posted this previously. I'm a AO member with access to all Ports' and the other mob's home games. A few years back the SMA increased the membership fee by $100 with the justification being that $50 would go to each of the SA based clubs to meet the AFL's requirement for match access and a $50 spend to be counted in the official membership tally for both clubs. It seems that the SMA has just pocketed this extra money and do a random membership split that favours the other mob.

I'm also a PAFC Platinum member so at least I get counted there.

I've posted this previously. I'm a AO member with access to all Ports' and the other mob's home games. A few years back the SMA increased the membership fee by $100 with the justification being that $50 would go to each of the SA based clubs to meet the AFL's requirement for match access and a $50 spend to be counted in the official membership tally for both clubs. It seems that the SMA has just pocketed this extra money and do a random membership split that favours the other mob.

I'm also a PAFC Platinum member so at least I get counted there.

Have you ever been asked about the team you support?

I’ve got mates who are supporters of neither SA team who have never been asked.

We we're told last night at Talking Footy by the Membership Manager that as of now we are tracking just above the numbers of 2018. That would be just around 54-55,000 members.
Yes, 2019 is a number just above 2018. Well played membership manager

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While this highlights my diminishing memory, and reinforces my consistency, it still doesn't answer the query about non SA Team supporters.

Surely they don't get allocated to 'their' club.
The answer to "which team do you support" is completely ignored by the SMA except for maybe marketing purposes.

It only makes sense to allocate all AO Football Members to both clubs and, as I have said, that was the justification for the additional $100.

The answer to "which team do you support" is completely ignored by the SMA except for maybe marketing purposes.

It only makes sense to allocate all AO Football Members to both clubs and, as I have said, that was the justification for the additional $100.

But that’s clearly not the case as the AFL uses the split to audit the two SA club membership numbers.

I agree with you. They should apply to both clubs.

But that’s clearly not the case as the AFL uses the split to audit the two SA club membership numbers.

I agree with you. They should apply to both clubs.
I believe the split is purely arbitrary and made up by the SMA and not linked to anything factual.

Looking to purchase a Vic membership for the first time.

Club website says I get access to up to 5 H&A games in Vic. We have 6 games here this year. Anyone know what happens for the 6th game? Will my membership card just not work at the swiping place?

Club website says I get access to up to 5 H&A games in Vic. We have 6 games here this year. Anyone know what happens for the 6th game? Will my membership card just not work at the swiping place?

You’ll be arrested I expect

I make it 5 as a couple of weeks ago I looked at the schedule to see if I will go over for a game.

2 at the MCG - Melbourne and Richmond and 3 at Docklands - Collingwood, Essendon and North. Other 5 travelling games are 2 in Perth, 1 in Brisbane, Hawks in Launceston and Saints in Shanghai.

I make it 5 as a couple of weeks ago I looked at the schedule to see if I will go over for a game.

2 at the MCG - Melbourne and Richmond and 3 at Docklands - Collingwood, Essendon and North. Other 5 travelling games are 2 in Perth, 1 in Brisbane, Hawks in Launceston and Saints in Shanghai.
Hmmmm, thought I counted 6. That solves that problem then.

Hmmmm, thought I counted 6. That solves that problem then.
Did you count Hawks in Tassie by mistake??.

Was hoping to get to the Melbourne game but don't think I can. I want to watch us play at MCG as we usually play better there. I reckon I have only seen us win once at Docklands (2005 EF v North) in 9 or 10 games. Richmond at the G is tempting but late July isn't great for me at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back