2019 Membership

Honestly, given how despondent the support base is, I'm reasonably impressed with this. I thought it would be much worse.
Our new whizzkid Oli Shawyer perhaps deserves some credit here?

Honestly, given how despondent the support base is, I'm reasonably impressed with this. I thought it would be much worse.

The demand for reserved seating is probably the only thing saving the membership from tanking. Think about it, giving up a reserved seat and getting it back will probably take longer than it would take for the club to boot Hinkley.

It took me 5 years to properly secure a second reserved seat in the Western Stand next to my first reserved seat.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
It's bad enough tho' the ripple/flow on in missed merchandise sales, $ over the counter at the club,
empty seats on gameday, online clicks for advertisers and whatever else I can't think of right now
all up it aint good. I'm expecting a good crowd at Alberton on saturday but i'll bet the club are
sliding in their pants over it and our 1st game at AO.
imo we've reached the relative safety of critical mass but not by much.
The last thing we need is fretting over $'s and bums on seats. Disengagement can become contagious.

:huh:

The demand for reserved seating is probably the only thing saving the membership from tanking. Think about it, giving up a reserved seat and getting it back will probably take longer than it would take for the club to boot Hinkley.

It took me 5 years to properly secure a second reserved seat in the Western Stand next to my first reserved seat.

Yeah, all the positive effects of Adelaide Oval are vaccinating the club against a real collapse. If we were still stuck at that isolated pit we’d have a fair pickle on our hands.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1551931523100.png

Increase of 740 ..

Yeah, all the positive effects of Adelaide Oval are vaccinating the club against a real collapse. If we were still stuck at that isolated pit we’d have a fair pickle on our hands.

This is why a high retention rate is not all that informative. If the 2000+ gap is not coming from the 11-games, other categories would be receiving an almighty whack imo. It could be a double digit decline for 3-gamers for example. The silver lining is that the membership revenue isn't impacted anywhere near to the same extent as it would be if 11-gamers dropped off.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

This.. I wanted to turf the reserved seats and minimise expense with this shitshow but half didn't agree so I was stuck renewing 2x reserved western stand seats (definitely not needed anymore as it's never full) because the group I go with half were gonna stay.

Let's not kid ourselves though, October auto-renew is what is saving this club. I'm as passionate as they get but * I am done with the Hinkley regime we are just wasting everyone's time.

GaZmAn_21

Rookie
Mar 10, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers and Everton
Does anyone know if you a can retrieve your 10% discount on the online Port Store with your membership? I haven't been able to figure it out.

MilitaryLC

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2018
On a dirt track.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Does anyone know if you a can retrieve your 10% discount on the online Port Store with your membership? I haven't been able to figure it out.
Yes. You should have a login for the Port website. If you cant remember you'll have to ring the club. Simply login, go to the store section and the discount automatically comes off.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Disregarding one data point (open black circle) we can expect about 54250 of us at the opening bounce of the season (23 March).
We seem to be gaining about 76 members per day at the moment.
If we win the first 2 games I will be expecting a sharp jump and recovery.
If we don't do that , then:
In 2016 we had ~97% of our membership on 23rd March, while in 2018 we had ~93% of our membership on this date.
If this is duplicated in 2019 and the projected membership on 23 March 2019 is indeed 54250, we can expect 57000+/- 1000 total membership.
PAFC Membership 120319.jpg

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The little fella was born on Sunday so I PAptised him this morning. He won’t count in the AFL audit but his $30 contribution to the membership coffers is still more than the combined financial offerings of the 40,000 digital pen pals that the Crows claim, so at least he’s pulling his tiny weight.

I’ll call Medicare tomorrow haha.

Back