2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

The little fella was born on Sunday so I PAptised him this morning. He won’t count in the AFL audit but his $30 contribution to the membership coffers is still more than the combined financial offerings of the 40,000 digital pen pals that the Crows claim, so at least he’s pulling his tiny weight.

I’ll call Medicare tomorrow haha.

Congrats mate!

My thoughts about Round 2 are taking on an Escher like quality.

A good showing with some open footy against the Blues may well give our membership numbers a boost.
Conversely though smashing Carlton early on could see them spiral into giving the crows a very nice draft pick.

I'll take Option A though.

People occasionally ask about MCC membership and the split up of those members club support among footy fans. On the Footy Industry board gopies1981 has scanned in the MCG News members newsletter for November last year and has given the split of the 131,797 financial MCC members after they required them to answer who they barrack for in their membership renewals.

There are some interesting stats but thought I would get these ones down re the MCC but you can look up the club breakdown at

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mcc-member-breakdown-as-of-31-08-18.1213515/

131,797 financial members broken down
63,416 Full members
42,325 Restricted members ie dont get access to GF but do to every other event
26,056 Provisional members category introduce in 2015 to control crowds and these members cant attend Category 1 event days
https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/provisional-membership

214,490 on the waiting list, 66% are under 15
10,000 apply each year and waiting time is 17 years

39,927 never attended a single event in year 1 Sept 2017 to 31 Aug 2018
58% attended 2 event days or less
21% attended 6 or more event days

6,853 had no AFL club listed as who they support
4,500 live overseas

The MCC have worked out membership packages with the 10 Vic clubs and the Swans that MCC members can sign up for at reduced costs. They call it a dual membership package.
https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/dual-membership-options

People occasionally ask about MCC membership and the split up of those members club support among footy fans. On the Footy Industry board gopies1981 has scanned in the MCG News members newsletter for November last year and has given the split of the 131,797 financial MCC members after they required them to answer who they barrack for in their membership renewals.

There are some interesting stats but thought I would get these ones down re the MCC but you can look up the club breakdown at

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mcc-member-breakdown-as-of-31-08-18.1213515/

131,797 financial members broken down
63,416 Full members
42,325 Restricted members ie dont get access to GF but do to every other event
26,056 Provisional members category introduce in 2015 to control crowds and these members cant attend Category 1 event days
https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/provisional-membership

214,490 on the waiting list, 66% are under 15
10,000 apply each year and waiting time is 17 years

39,927 never attended a single event in year 1 Sept 2017 to 31 Aug 2018
58% attended 2 event days or less
21% attended 6 or more event days

6,853 had no AFL club listed as who they support
4,500 live overseas

The MCC have worked out membership packages with the 10 Vic clubs and the Swans that MCC members can sign up for at reduced costs. They call it a dual membership package.
https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/dual-membership-options

Is there a similar one for AFL members reserve REH? Just to further pick apart the oft quoted myth that the Grand final at the MCG is a neutral venue for the non Vic clubs.

Is there a similar one for AFL members reserve REH? Just to further pick apart the oft quoted myth that the Grand final at the MCG is a neutral venue for the non Vic clubs.
Bloody AFL in their annual report last did that break down in either 2014 or 2015 after doing it for 2 or 3 decades. They stopped giving the breakdown after Eddie had a whinge that almost 13,000 Collingwood supporters were AFL members and they were missing out on hundreds of dollars per member as the AFL members reserve was on the wing and took up the best seats.

The little fella was born on Sunday so I PAptised him this morning. He won’t count in the AFL audit but his $30 contribution to the membership coffers is still more than the combined financial offerings of the 40,000 digital pen pals that the Crows claim, so at least he’s pulling his tiny weight.

Has he told you not to sweat the small stuff after you've come home from a hard day of working out a chunk??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Congratulations man

Hats off (again) to Ben and his (small) membership team. I may be just one out of 50,000+ members, but every time I contact them, the response is first-rate. Can't be easy keeping everyone happy whilst focussing on closing the numbers gap. Thanks all :)

They were awesome the day of the JLT game against North. Sorted myself, my dad and my brother with seat upgrades, so we now all sit together. Easy as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dá-lhe, Pappagallo!

Congrats, mate! First one?

So, how do we call Pappagallo's son? Hijopollo, Ninopollo, or would you have a suggestion?

Thanks Grem and yes first one. Since we’re referencing parrots instead of chickens here I guess Parrocchetto (parakeet) would do the job.
But "Papá Gallo" sounded so right...

P.S.: I know I picked an Italian word and forced into two Spanish words...

Is there a Club 1870 event on tomorrow night? I RSVP'd but deleted the email invitation and now can't remember the date.

Could any fellow 1870'ers help out?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is there a Club 1870 event on tomorrow night? I RSVP'd but deleted the email invitation and now can't remember the date.

Could any fellow 1870'ers help out?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes 6pm at The Lindsay Head Terrace, ie the back of level 5 of Riverbank stand.

Further to my previous answer it was 2014. This is what the AFL put in its annual report.

1552876467106.png 1552876525215.png

and since 2015 this is all they have provided

1552876596693.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back