2019 Membership

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Got my members polo and hoodie and I must say little disappointed with the polo. Very plain and looks cheap but the hoodie I don’t mind at all.

Cap is ok nothing special but it’s just a cap and my missus loves the scarf so overall not too bad

I presume that Liam will be signing up Miley as a member for 2019? If so, I shall forgive her father for "Achy Breaky Heart" which became the first single ever to achieve triple Platinum status in Australia and also the best-selling single in 1992. :eek:

The consecutive year badges are great - I got my 25 year one last year. Only issue is that the club never kept or lost records of how long people have been members. They had a questionnaire several years ago where they asked how many years you had been a member. I had to think back and I put down what I could recall - back to the days of a reserved seat on the wooden benches on the wing at WO.

I t wasn't until I did some cleaning up, that I found my membership cards pre dating the year I said by 3 or 4 years, so i guess I've done myself out of a potential 30 year member next year!

Oh well, it's a nice touch
Same thing happened to me but I only missed out on one extra year.

HELMET!

Senior List
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Picked up my 3 game pack with a scarf, stickers, 5 year certificate etc. It didn't include the membership card itself, any reason why?

hazza21

Team Captain
Feb 7, 2008
Germany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Back in Aus for a month next year which coincides with 3 dogs home games. Was looking at getting a 3 game membership, to support the club and continue my consecutive years. But $95... you can buy 3 Adult tickets to games separately for $25 each ($75). Does the club make no money off that at all and the $20 extra goes in the clubs pocket?

It's a bit insulting that they used to hand them out for free to Vic Uni students, etc a few years back. Perhaps I'm a bit out of touch with it all but interested to get some feedback.

Apr 9, 2003
Skinner Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Back in Aus for a month next year which coincides with 3 dogs home games. Was looking at getting a 3 game membership, to support the club and continue my consecutive years. But $95... you can buy 3 Adult tickets to games separately for $25 each ($75). Does the club make no money off that at all and the $20 extra goes in the clubs pocket?

It's a bit insulting that they used to hand them out for free to Vic Uni students, etc a few years back. Perhaps I'm a bit out of touch with it all but interested to get some feedback.

You also get the membership pack and yearbook. Other clubs' 3 game memberships are the same price or more.

Vic Uni have and do a put a lot of money into the club and the Whitten Oval and assist with sport science and use of their facilities. I wouldn't be concerned with their students and staff getting free tickets (or in the past free memberships).

https://www.vu.edu.au/industry/our-partnerships/western-bulldogs-football-club

We belong to the West is our new tagline.

Still no membership ticker up, anyone heard a whisper of our tally? One of the only ones not to be updating.

Doggiesfan14

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Article on the Herald Sun claiming that no females featured in the membership campaign video?

Doggiesfan14

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I hadn’t noticed is it true without me having a look again?
Yeah it was true, apart from the quick glimpses of crowd shots (where there probably were female fans in shot) there were about 10 or so fans who featured and they were all male

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah it was true, apart from the quick glimpses of crowd shots (where there probably were female fans in shot) there were about 10 or so fans who featured and they were all male

Surprised that is even allowed in today’s world.

Must be a reason for it

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Call them and let them know

They aren’t great at record keeping

Agree with Matt. I've been a member for most years since I started going. Each time I take a break for a year or two due to financial reasons, and sign up again. I always get a letter congratulating me on being a first time member when its been like roughly eight :rolleyes: So maybe we don't have 60k members from the past who are not signed now or whatever that figure was that Gordon mentioned a couple of years ago. Its probably the same few members with their personalities multiplied by a few. Apparently I am probably four different people according to the clubs records,.

I'm sure we will get a number update eventually from SEN.

Full details here
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-03-18/bulldogs-to-take-over-sen

The Western Bulldogs will take over the SEN airwaves tomorrow for its annual SEN membership day.

The Club will have a strong presence in the station’s programming all day, starting with senior coach Luke Beveridge chatting to Tim Watson and Garry Lyon at 7.20am.....

For one day only, those who purchase a Bulldogs three-game general admission membership for $95, will get a free upgrade to a full season home membership. That's a massive saving of $125....

I'm sure we will get a number update eventually from SEN.

Full details here
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-03-18/bulldogs-to-take-over-sen

The Western Bulldogs will take over the SEN airwaves tomorrow for its annual SEN membership day.

The Club will have a strong presence in the station’s programming all day, starting with senior coach Luke Beveridge chatting to Tim Watson and Garry Lyon at 7.20am.....

For one day only, those who purchase a Bulldogs three-game general admission membership for $95, will get a free upgrade to a full season home membership. That's a massive saving of $125....
This is great for those who are yet to sign up but not so great for those who have already signed. Could indicate an attempt to boost flagging membership sales.

SteelF6

Debutant
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Its the same deal every year. There is a one day membership sale for every club on Sen.

I never knew there were pins for consecutive years. I have been a member for 20 consecutive years and never received one.

I know iv been a member for 15 years this year but my membership only says 12 years. The funny part is that they correctly sent me the 15 year pin with my membership pack, there must be multiple data bases in need of conciliation.

Now that im thinking of it my wife's and sisters ones are wrong too.

Back