2019 Membership

Vinegar Mess

Team Captain
Nov 18, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I never knew there were pins for consecutive years. I have been a member for 20 consecutive years and never received one.

I’ve looked into this because I’ve been a member on-and-off for 45 years (let membership lapse when I was broke or living interstate). The consecutive bit trips me up.

Anyway, there’s a declaration you can sign to say you’ve been a member for x consecutive years and the club will amend their database. It has to be witnessed by two club members. Here’s the link:

https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/red-white-and-true-0

But, yeah, like mattdougie said, the record-keeping hasn’t always been flash. In days of yore a membership ticket was purchased at a kiosk outside the ground prior to Round 1. I don’t even think you had to give the club your details. Makes me wonder how they compiled the list of ‘consecutive years’ dating back to the 1960s.

I think now in the more modern times it will be kept more accurate, rather than relying on "manpower" as such. Plus footy clubs are pretty much full time basis now with backroom employees, would have been a lot of volunteering & part timers beforehand. This is my 5th consecutive year so got a pin & certificate with this years pack

Distinctive_

All Australian
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Scray
Signed up for the first time and pumped.
Only problem is that the club didn’t notify me or say ‘thanks for becoming a member’ and even I was unsure if my transaction was a success.

That above and also the user interface and membership account control could be worked on from the dogs membership team.

Hopefully yesterday’s deal gathered a lot more members to the club, especially with the likely fall in numbers compared to last year.

On a side note, I think it would be more beneficial for the dogs team to play with greater intensity during the JLT. This would help membership growth numbers-wise and create a greater hype and positivity around the club. But I guess the saints aren’t doing all that well either

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
You would think that on the Saturday before the first game that the membership department would be open. NO I’m not sure what’s harder working out the algorithms for social media or trying to use the new Bulldog membership Flexi pass

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Only problem is that the club didn’t notify me or say ‘thanks for becoming a member’ and even I was unsure if my transaction was a success.

That above and also the user interface and membership account control could be worked on from the dogs membership team.

Hopefully yesterday’s deal gathered a lot more members to the club, especially with the likely fall in numbers compared to last year.

On a side note, I think it would be more beneficial for the dogs team to play with greater intensity during the JLT. This would help membership growth numbers-wise and create a greater hype and positivity around the club. But I guess the saints aren’t doing all that well either

I signed my wife up to the 11 home game membership upgrade at the club on Tuesday arvo. We received our confirmation email today and all her tickets were available on the bulldogs app.
If you still have any issues, give the club a call 👍

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Even when you pay full price for membership it's still great value. Even premiership gold is only $65-70 per match. Ask Essendon and Collingwood members how much they have pay for games like the Dreamtime match or Anzac Day.

I'm happy to pay more than others as I can afford it and it helps the club financially.

Allowing more people who otherwise may not afford it more member access can only be a good thing.

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

To all that have signed up and unsure how to use the App - bring ID with you and go to the Bulldog Membership tent at the ground. They will print you a ticket.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To all that have signed up and unsure how to use the App - bring ID with you and go to the Bulldog Membership tent at the ground. They will print you a ticket.
This might be a dumb question...but do I also need to print a ticket? It’s my first year with a Premiership Gold membership. We have the membership cards, obviously. Is that all I need to take for access?

This might be a dumb question...but do I also need to print a ticket? It’s my first year with a Premiership Gold membership. We have the membership cards, obviously. Is that all I need to take for access?
The membership card is all you need. The barcode is scanned at the gate and your section and seat number should be on the card.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone know anywhere decent to get a drink near Aisle 31, Level 2. I’m lost up here. Can’t find my roast beef roll anywhere. In the ‘Social Club’ and it’s shite!

Anyone know anywhere decent to get a drink near Aisle 31, Level 2. I’m lost up here. Can’t find my roast beef roll anywhere. In the ‘Social Club’ and it’s shite!
Good luck MT. Aren't there superhero ushers to help with that sort of thing at Marvel? (Surely there's an "IPA Man" in the legion of heroes?)

Anyway, I hope your evening gets a whole lot better from here on. Go Dogs!

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Very surprised walking across the bridge to Marvel from southern cross no bulldog memebership stand. Swans had their stand. I know club would say we had it down on the city side wing yet I know were all the traffic passes seemed a missed opportunity, they normally have a stand there.

Very surprised walking across the bridge to Marvel from southern cross no bulldog memebership stand. Swans had their stand. I know club would say we had it down on the city side wing yet I know were all the traffic passes seemed a missed opportunity, they normally have a stand there.
I was surprised it wasn't there too. The whole setup was over at gate 5.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve been a member now for 41 years consequently.

Every year it’s exciting to see what extras or badges I get with my membership coz they have NEVER got it correct

This year I got a 25 year badge and a ten year badge plus entry into the raffle.

Last year I got a 50 year badge lol

Ahhhhh doggies never change

Back