2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Just one look at the Broncos supporters page shows the large percentage of bandwagon fans that have had it far too good for too long.

The timing on our wins could not have been at a better time, while the Broncos look set for a bottom of the ladder finish.
Imagine if we make fin...., Fina... , finals, there I've said it.

No disrespect to your relatives, but it does astound me that people can be so flippant in only attending sporting events to see a winning team at the expense of team loyalty. Of course, as a fan, you want to be winning, but following a team through thick and thin makes those successful periods even more sweeter.

I guess I just will never identify with the casual bandwagoner fan.

I used to feel that way but then I realised for some people it’s just about some casual excitement and entertainment rather than about investing in the tribalism of supporting the team and riding out the excruciating lows.

Its kinda the reason I avoid watching a sad, depressing movie on a Friday night. I don’t want to feel deflated in my small window of leisure time.

I think these people definitely sacrifice the amazing highs you get by being a casual fan rather than riding the full gamut of emotions that come with fully investing in a team across the whole journey, but that’s their call.

In the meantime, I hope they enjoy the experience and sign on long term but in any case I’m happy to take their money!

No disrespect to your relatives, but it does astound me that people can be so flippant in only attending sporting events to see a winning team at the expense of team loyalty. Of course, as a fan, you want to be winning, but following a team through thick and thin makes those successful periods even more sweeter.

And they'll tell everyone they support the Lions when we're up. Pfft.

I used to feel that way but then I realised for some people it’s just about some casual excitement and entertainment rather than about investing in the tribalism of supporting the team and riding out the excruciating lows.

Its kinda the reason I avoid watching a sad, depressing movie on a Friday night. I don’t want to feel deflated in my small window of leisure time.

I think these people definitely sacrifice the amazing highs you get by being a casual fan rather than riding the full gamut of emotions that come with fully investing in a team across the whole journey, but that’s their call.

In the meantime, I hope they enjoy the experience and sign on long term but in any case I’m happy to take their money!
Of course, it follows that by definition if they don't enjoy their first experience (i.e. we get beaten), they won't be back, at least not until we start winning again. All clubs face the issue but if you have a rusted on core of 50,000 - 100,000 members you won't lose too much sleep over not keeping the more itinerant types. Indeed, the attendances of the big clubs at some games are such that casual followers can't get in anyway.

I agree with you D12, TheBrownDog summed it up pretty well, they view it as entertainment much like a movie, they don't get invested.

Money can be an issue as well. I’m lucky and fortunate to receive membership as a Christmas present. I would not be able to afford it otherwise even though I want to attend every single game.

Money can be an issue as well. I’m lucky and fortunate to receive membership as a Christmas present. I would not be able to afford it otherwise even though I want to attend every single game.
Money is no issue to my brother and his wife they just had 18 months off work to do a world backpacking tour, got back late January. Rich Bastards;).

Saturday at the 'G is a big day for Vic Memberships.

The Collingwood game will be an even bigger day for Memberships. A game televised nationally on a Thursday night could push our Queensland supporter base even more. If we win that game (as well as the Essendon one), 30k members is a possiblity this season

Saturday at the 'G is a big day for Vic Memberships.

I’m looking forward to the massive bump we get at the Ballarat game. Truly a sleeping bastion of Lions faithful. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And hopefully makes the next lull easier to handle

Love Ballarat, always a busy place. Lots of building going on, units or housing estates. Could live there very easily, away from melb but just over an hour from there on a great direct freeway.

Much prefer it to Bendigo, always get lost.

I’m looking forward to the massive bump we get at the Ballarat game. Truly a sleeping bastion of Lions faithful. ;)

I don't believe when they rostered us there that it occured that we would be winning games and be sitting, at this stage of the season, equal top of the ladder..Mars Stadium only has a Capacity of 11,000 of that 5,000 is under cover ...if it rains and there is a big chance it will given it will be in May and Ballarat....the outer will be one big quagmire...

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...L_JZYLSDBxcbH4D4kT8FeZN-0G3ZBd&viewerState=ga

Is anyone getting the bus from the Gabba to Metricon for the Suns match on 27 April? I'm thinking about it, need to let the club know by Friday this week.

Is anyone getting the bus from the Gabba to Metricon for the Suns match on 27 April? I'm thinking about it, need to let the club know by Friday this week.

Probably will be working which really sucks. I never knew it was an option but it sounds like a great way to save money. I just wish it was a twilight or Sunday game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wont be going to Metricon again for a day game, it is impossible to get tickets on the western side of the ground and anywhere else you get the afternoon sun in your eyes, difficult to find a spot in the shade.

Hi all.

Question regarding my membership (don't know if this is the correct place to put it, but it seemed the most appropriate). I have the 11 game GA membership - do I need to do anything special with regards to securing a spot at the Collingwood game? I assume not but I have never been in a situation where the Gabba is going to be this packed.

Cheers

Hi all.

Question regarding my membership (don't know if this is the correct place to put it, but it seemed the most appropriate). I have the 11 game GA membership - do I need to do anything special with regards to securing a spot at the Collingwood game? I assume not but I have never been in a situation where the Gabba is going to be this packed.

Cheers
Not sure. Suggest you phone the club members line. They are always very helpful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back