2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Man, if people wanna rant about waiting for stuff, I’m waiting for the call from the PA so I can go in, get my breastbone cracked open and have a thymic tumour removed... preferably sooner rather than later so the holidays can absorb most of the recovery from the sternotomy allowing me to earn a living for my family again when the school year starts. Merry Christmas.

So yeah, I’d love the luxury of being anxious about waiting for a plastic card and a lanyard instead.
Sternotomies are not fun at all. Start practicing how to stand up/get out of bed without using your arms now, makes it a hell of a lot easier once the surgery is done.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
I can’t really explain everything here, but it’s my wife’s first time celebrating Christmas (ever), with our first child, at my parents place. And the membership is my only present (it’s the only thing I asked for).

It’s taken a little bit to explain to her why something that appears so simple, is complicated.

You have more problems to worry about than when a membership is arriving in the mail before Christmas; your kid teething being one of them .

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Man, if people wanna rant about waiting for stuff, I’m waiting for the call from the PA so I can go in, get my breastbone cracked open and have a thymic tumour removed... preferably sooner rather than later so the holidays can absorb most of the recovery from the sternotomy allowing me to earn a living for my family again when the school year starts. Merry Christmas.

So yeah, I’d love the luxury of being anxious about waiting for a plastic card and a lanyard instead.

All the best TBD. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I hate the bloody lanyard anyway. I want to sign up for a life membership and get some sort of tattoo with a bar code, so i never have to be disappointed about not getting my lanyard b4 Christmas ever again.

Brizzys Squizzy

All Australian
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Good luck Ive battled Jack the dancer past 12months we all have more important things to worry about

I blocked Nunez last season, but I have got to know him through werewolf and he’s an ok bloke. I’m sure he wasn’t trying to be offensive. He just likes to make the occasional big statement and do a bit of stirring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
They dont have the membership packs sitting around the office. Xmas present or not, there is no way they could say you'd have it before xmas.
Your 100% correct. I mentioned the memberships were part of the kids Christmas presents & the helpful person at the Club made it VERY CLEAR that I should not count on the Membership Pack arriving before Xmas. I purchased the week sales opened btw.

PS: If the Club are saving a quid by having less batches done or whatever, that's a good thing imo.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Don't like it when people pull out the old "I don't know why you are complaining, this is a minor problem compared to X (something completely unreleated)" card. Yesterday someone said, in a discussion about AFLX, "I don't know why people are complaining about this when people are homeless and living in poverty." FFS. We all have difficult stuff going on in our lives. TBD I hope your situation is resolved as best possible and briztoon I hope the packages arrive before Xmas.

That savage attack was absolutely reprehensible! What were you thinking trying to have a sense of humour on an internet forum?

Let's move on from it?

Bring on next season!

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My membership has arrived in Perth today so there may still be hope. Seems they’ve made an effort to get them out before Christmas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back