2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Got ours yesterday. Wife has Zorks on her card, mine has a smiling Fagan.

What are these other bits and bobs people are talking about? Aside the lanyard, both of ours (gold and platinum premium members) had a sticker, fridge magnet, and a pin - that's it. MacMum's talking about bags, someone else posted in the LI thread talking about face paint stuff... Super random.

The unticketed memberships throw in other stuff to compensate.

Got ours yesterday. Wife has Zorks on her card, mine has a smiling Fagan.

What are these other bits and bobs people are talking about? Aside the lanyard, both of ours (gold and platinum premium members) had a sticker, fridge magnet, and a pin - that's it. MacMum's talking about bags, someone else posted in the LI thread talking about face paint stuff... Super random.
That's all mine had as well (gold member), the face paint stuff would be for junior memberships and what MacMum was talking about sounded good, I was looking forward to the bag.

Ah, cool ok makes sense. It's not that I minded at all, I was just curious at what was being bundled.

A little fold up bag would've gone down a treat though, rep the Lions while doing the weekly shopping and all... hint hint club... ;)

I'm already using my bag for shopping, it really is perfect.......so next year more of the same please, hint hint from me too, perhaps a maroon one next time, then year after (we need a lot of bags!) anothery will do nicely again:D

No one buys memberships for the little bonuses that come with the tickets but jeez reckon it cost them about 50c each for that lot of stuff.

Would be curious to compare with what other clubs do.

I agree the shopping bag is great - with its
own carry bag that can be clipped onto a strap of any sort so you don’t forget it.
Plus the To Do list which is also very handy.
And the fixture magnetic.
The club did very well this year indeed.

We have family membership for both mens and womens. The bag and face paint was a really nice addition this year. Simple stuff, but actually usefully or adds value by having something that will get used.

Got a phone call from the club today, telling me our supporter packs got sent to some one else by mistake, and they’ll be here in a couple of weeks.

:huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prices have gone up I'm sure it's been mentioned. Lions worker just rang me asking to renew, Which I will but I checked the site and it will cost me and extra $35 compared to what I had last year (3 game membership)

Also when will the Lions play at Manuka....... disgrace.

I'd have thought there'd be more merit with sending the Lions to Canberra (to play GWS away) than there is to send us to a shithole such as Ballarat when we have a hole Melbourne support base. As an aside, Canberra is the one major city the Brisbane Lions have yet to play an official game in our 23 year history (we played one game in NT (Marrarra Stadium) in 2013 (19 pt win over Melbourne).

I am not sure how many games GWS play in Canberra each year, but it is a surprise that we have not played them down there yet.

Pathetic that places such as Ballarat, Geelong and Tasmania all qualify as "Melbourne" games.

I am not sure how many games GWS play in Canberra each year, but it is a surprise that we have not played them down there yet.

GWS has three games a year in Canberra, but GWS has only hosted Brisbane twice ever compared to Brisbane hosting six so there hasn't been a heap of chances.

Spotless is a better venue than Manuka anyway, so I don't know what SM is complaining about. :p

Prices have gone up I'm sure it's been mentioned. Lions worker just rang me asking to renew, Which I will but I checked the site and it will cost me and extra $35 compared to what I had last year (3 game membership)
We have upgraded this year from a 3 game ticket back to a season pass.
I just had a look ,last year I paid $105 for the standard 3 game , this year it is now $108.
only $3 extra .
What , how are you paying $35 extra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back