2019 Membership

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Standard full season has gone up $15 from the last time we had 3 years ago, it is what it is , not unexpected.
Still very competitive with the Broncos prices.
I've calculated the cost per game as they have 12 home games and we have 11.
they offer premium reserved seating starting with
Broncos
Premium
white- $26.66 / game
Blue - $35.40
Maroon - $45.40
Gold - $ 61.25

Lions
Reserve seating
Standard - $27.72/ game
Prime - $34.10
Premium - $43.18
As an educated guess I would say our Prime is comparable in seat quality with the Broncs Blue and Maroon areas.

It's a little hard to work out the best spots for both codes, but these prices indicate premium areas .
Also the Broncos get a better merchandise pack,
but lets face it anyone can wear that s**t.
I'm still happy to pay the $27 odd dollars for each game, good value considering the shite we had to endue back in 2016.

Edit; rewritten the Lions costs below the broncos , too hard to read before.

Last edited:
caught in a weird place this year. Due to more night games which I will only be able to make a couple and being away for the 3 games in a row at home I'm struggling to find a decent option for membership as I can only guarantee attending 3 games (with maybe another couple possible). I'd really like to remain an agm voting member and pay for my $40 September member upgrade but unless i'm a full ticketed member I can't do either. Guess i'm stuck with a 3 game membership and no agm and september membership which is a bit disappointing. Surprised at how much 3 games are more than full memberships. over 41% more is a pretty big %

caught in a weird place this year. Due to more night games which I will only be able to make a couple and being away for the 3 games in a row at home I'm struggling to find a decent option for membership as I can only guarantee attending 3 games (with maybe another couple possible). I'd really like to remain an agm voting member and pay for my $40 September member upgrade but unless i'm a full ticketed member I can't do either. Guess i'm stuck with a 3 game membership and no agm and september membership which is a bit disappointing. Surprised at how much 3 games are more than full memberships. over 41% more is a pretty big %

Have you looked at Victorian Lions membership? It's the cheapest AGM voting option, has the September member upgrade, plus access to five Gabba games. Obviously the trade off is GA access only. $55 more than a ticketed three game membership.

Have you looked at Victorian Lions membership? It's the cheapest AGM voting option, has the September member upgrade, plus access to five Gabba games. Obviously the trade off is GA access only. $55 more than a ticketed three game membership.

Yeah that was a consideration. Will call them to see if there is any way of paying for an upgrade on game day. Not a fan of watching footy at ground level

The Gabba games access is mostly illusory, very few will use it. And if you disregard the game in Ballarat (as most will), it's 5 games. As you say, only GA access which means seats with altitude; on the other hand not much risk of games being sold out so generally you can just rock up. OK value and access to finals tickets is the bonus; voting rights are neither here nor there for me.

Member is the problem.......wish he'd take his membership elsewhere, he is giving us a bad name..

..or at least take our sticker off your bloody car!
Double whammy for the club, being a member and driving a Hyundai. If course entirely unrelated, but didn't TBD buy a Hyundai?

The Gabba games access is mostly illusory, very few will use it. And if you disregard the game in Ballarat (as most will), it's 5 games. As you say, only GA access which means seats with altitude; on the other hand not much risk of games being sold out so generally you can just rock up. OK value and access to finals tickets is the bonus; voting rights are neither here nor there for me.

Fatcat08 is a Brisbane based member who said voting rights were important for him, so you can disregard the Melbourne games in addition to the Ballarat game, while the Gabba games would definitely not be illusory. :) I get the Victorian membership might not be for everyone but I was seeing if it fit a specific person's needs.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Double whammy for the club, being a member and driving a Hyundai. If course entirely unrelated, but didn't TBD buy a Hyundai?

I’m currently hospitalised and little brown dog is catheterized, so I have to profess my innocence.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Afl not too bad for membership for Members with grandkids playing Sunday morning footy......logistic wise....but still a bit XXXY for ROY grandparents.

Blaknight

Debutant
Jan 31, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks Chicago Bears
I got myself and my son our first Brisbane Membership this year. We got the Victorian Membership. Bit bummed about the Ballarat game as i live close. I'll still make it however. I'll use 1 Brisbane game access as ill be at the Collingwood game. Not too fussed about the GA as i only ever go GA so all good. Super excited.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
Received my Season Membership today. Anyone else waiting ??. I did change my seating this year so maybe that was the delay.
Can't wail for season to start.

I just got it this week too. I wondered if it came a little later because we changed seats this year.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have just been on Lions website looking for member numbers so far for this year (couldn't find any).........found a membership news site where down the bottom it's telling us to join now for the 2017 season......really?

Back