2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

The elimination final against Carlton for me! 2009
But there was, I think about 32000 there that day,
The roof lifted off the Gabba that day!
...and all night this group of obnoxiously "in your face" Carlton fans in front of us were chanting "...we are coming, we are coming" and at the end of the game the karma was just delicious.

Bradshaw’s goal vs Carlton in the 2009 EF. Loudest Gabba roar without a shadow of a doubt.
I was at my parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary party (organised by my sisters). :mad::'(

Guess what? It is a decade later and they are both still around. Ironclad guarantee we play finals this year. :eek:

Agreed. The atmosphere of that crowd was astonishing. I lived in Brisbane during the 09 and 10 seasons and having attended a whole manner of AFL games throughout the country with 2 and 3 times the amount of people plus numerous other sports; that game in the last quarter was without a doubt the loudest I’ve ever heard a crowd. It was simply deafening.

There was seriously magic pixie dust in the air that night.

Bradshaw’s goal vs Carlton in the 2009 EF. Loudest Gabba roar without a shadow of a doubt.
Oh man, the crowd hushing as Rich kicked across the face, and Bradshaw scoops it up, has a squiz, then snaps off his right... and then all of us simultaneously going "...oooooohhhhHHHHHHHYEEEAHH!" as it went through was just sublime.

Easily one of my top moments watching us play this game. It was all made even better because we had a ridiculously obnoxious Carlton supporter sitting directly behind us, who went hilariously quiet in the 4th quarter.

Kernel Kurtz - dunno if you've seen it but here - the magic moment starts at 19:46.

Went to that game as our son was half time Auskick and immediately bought memberships for the next year. And then the next, and the next and ....
Still waiting for a repeat roar and confident it will happen this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man, the crowd hushing as Rich kicked across the face, and Bradshaw scoops it up, has a squiz, then snaps off his right... and then all of us simultaneously going "...oooooohhhhHHHHHHHYEEEAHH!" as it went through was just sublime.

Easily one of my top moments watching us play this game. It was all made even better because we had a ridiculously obnoxious Carlton supporter sitting directly behind us, who went hilariously quiet in the 4th quarter.

Kernel Kurtz - dunno if you've seen it but here - the magic moment starts at 19:46.
Mate thanks for posting this , only watched it from about the 16:00 mark, I can see how out of control that would of been to be there,
I would of watched it on tv but had to be there I reckon.
Will watch the rest when I get the chance.
I do remember one of my Carlton supporting mates was filthy about this and he reckon Carlton would of done better in the finals than Brissy when we finally bowed out, sore loser, Ha ha.
Can we dream that something like this will happen this year when we play Collingwood.
House full of obnoxious drunk magpies going quite in the last. Heaven.
Cheers.

We were there, absolutely exhilarating win and IMO because it was a final just in front of the miracle on grass as a come from behind win. A few observations-

1) Browny and J.Berry are so alike with their mannerisms, hopefully Jarrod is as good a leader, I think he will be.
2) Richy looks like a baby, did some great things in the last quarter, unfortunately he hasn't quite lived up to what most thought he could become, been a solid career though. IMO he will play a more noteworthy role if we improve into finals contenders over the last few years of his career, cream on top type player.
3) Wasn't it great to see Vossy so happy, all down hill from round 5 the following year though.

We were there, absolutely exhilarating win and IMO because it was a final just in front of the miracle on grass as a come from behind win. A few observations-

1) Browny and J.Berry are so alike with their mannerisms, hopefully Jarrod is as good a leader, I think he will be.
2) Richy looks like a baby, did some great things in the last quarter, unfortunately he hasn't quite lived up to what most thought he could become, been a solid career though. IMO he will play a more noteworthy role if we improve into finals contenders over the last few years of his career, cream on top type player.
3) Wasn't it great to see Vossy so happy, all down hill from round 5 the following year though.

Bradshaw really stood out to me - Browny was the superstar but gee, Bradshaw could take a grab and create something.

21/2/2019 - 18,550 members
About 2500 so far in February.
Last year March netted us around 6000 more members.
Then added around 1800 for the rest of the season.
Tracking nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back