2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
24,144. Would expect a few more this week leading up to the first game in Melbourne.
I know I've already written this earlier , we didn't reach 24000 till May last year.
Really good signs that we'll reach past 25 or 26 thousand by seasons end.
Feels good, so happy to see the crowds and numbers building. Just need to be consistent on the park .
Hoping for all our Melbourne members they get a cracker this weekend.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
We normally get a decent bump after the first Melbourne game too yeah?
24,355. It's going up in increments of a hundred or so. We need a boost from the Vic supporters this weekend after our comprehensive victory over the Kangas.
There should be a numbers increase right before Sunday's match with supporters signing up at club stalls located outside the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
My brother and his wife have been off the bandwagon for a number of years, I had a chat with him this week and he sheepishly asked whether I could get him some tickets to an upcoming match, he has a group of mates that are the same in that they follow winners, they've been on the Brisbane Roar, they're on the nose with them now. Mmmm, I took advantage of the situation and sledged him for a little while, he has had all the banter ammunition for far too long.

The casual fans are definitely starting to come on board.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
My brother and his wife have been off the bandwagon for a number of years, I had a chat with him this week and he sheepishly asked whether I could get him some tickets to an upcoming match, he has a group of mates that are the same in that they follow winners, they've been on the Brisbane Roar, they're on the nose with them now. Mmmm, I took advantage of the situation and sledged him for a little while, he has had all the banter ammunition for far too long.

The casual fans are definitely starting to come on board.
No disrespect to your relatives, but it does astound me that people can be so flippant in only attending sporting events to see a winning team at the expense of team loyalty. Of course, as a fan, you want to be winning, but following a team through thick and thin makes those successful periods even more sweeter.

I guess I just will never identify with the casual bandwagoner fan.

Back