2019 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

lions27

Club Legend
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So as a WA supporter if I sign up to a full season membership and get the September add on I will be guaranteed a GF ticket?

If we end up with a home final at some point does my regular membership (w/ voting rights) get priority access to buying my membership seat for that game?

If we end up with a home final at some point does my regular membership (w/ voting rights) get priority access to buying my membership seat for that game?
Seating for finals is controlled by the AFL, so unless they handle the Gabba differently to the two Sydney stadiums you can't get your own membership seat unless you're very lucky.

Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks

I rang the club with this very question a couple of weeks ago, they advised that an email will be sent to all members for tickets, so watch your email

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So as a WA supporter if I sign up to a full season membership and get the September add on I will be guaranteed a GF ticket?

From Lions Membership

1563266775887.png

Upgrade your season membership to guarantee access to the Grand Final should the Lions participate and get exclusive access to match day facilities*

• Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket should the Lions participate
  • Two FREE guest tickets for a selected Lions Gabba or Melbourne match (conditions apply)
  • Exclusive access to Members’ Bar and Match Day Social Club at the Gabba
  • FREE entry to XXXX Mates Place at the Gabba**
*Available as an upgrade to reserved seat full season game access members only
**Entry to XXXX Mates Place subject to capacity, one entry per match per September Member upgrade

September Member $ Per Year$ Per MonthBUY NOW
September Member$40.00$6.67

Going back a bit so probably not relevant anymore, but when we had our home final back in 09, we were able to buy our membership seat, but you had to get it early. Can't remember exactly, but i think you could get it on Wednesday, but if you didn't it was opened up to general sale on the Thursday (again, example timeline, can't remember the days). I headed down first think in the morning to the ticketek outlet at Chermside i think it was to buy tickets.

From Lions Membership

View attachment 710106

Upgrade your season membership to guarantee access to the Grand Final should the Lions participate and get exclusive access to match day facilities*

• Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket should the Lions participate
  • Two FREE guest tickets for a selected Lions Gabba or Melbourne match (conditions apply)
  • Exclusive access to Members’ Bar and Match Day Social Club at the Gabba
  • FREE entry to XXXX Mates Place at the Gabba**
*Available as an upgrade to reserved seat full season game access members only
**Entry to XXXX Mates Place subject to capacity, one entry per match per September Member upgrade

September Member $ Per Year$ Per MonthBUY NOW
September Member$40.00$6.67
"Guaranteed access to purchase a GF ticket". Is that the same thing as a guaranteed ticket?

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Going back a bit so probably not relevant anymore, but when we had our home final back in 09, we were able to buy our membership seat, but you had to get it early. Can't remember exactly, but i think you could get it on Wednesday, but if you didn't it was opened up to general sale on the Thursday (again, example timeline, can't remember the days). I headed down first think in the morning to the ticketek outlet at Chermside i think it was to buy tickets.
I was living in Brisbane in 09 and you are right and you could purchase your seat on the Monday and maybe the Tuesday before they went on sale to the general public.

Pretty sure it's changed since 2009.

The standard text on the club sites these days is:
Where will our seating be for weeks 1,2 and 3 of the finals?
The AFL distributes an equal number of tickets within each reserved seat category, along with restricted/standing room tickets (if applicable) to members of both competing clubs for each final.

You will be able to nominate which club you wish to be seated with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

paulige

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"Guaranteed access to purchase a GF ticket". Is that the same thing as a guaranteed ticket?

I think it's done this way for the sake of clarity:
  • 'guaranteed ticket' would infer that it's free (as in, pay the $40 upgrade to get your grand final ticket)
  • 'guaranteed access' indicates that you have the opportunity to purchase one

Just taking it one post at a time.

Reckon Fages or one of this assistants would be up for a "coach takes over" QnA in the off season? I know that concept is popular on Reddit but reckon it could be great on BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back