2019 Mid Pricers

Remove this Banner Ad

I originally had around 7-8 midpricers (250-500K) and then looked at Elliot as another option.
I've now gone the other way and cut it down to only 4. Williams, Smith, Cousins and Worpell.
Starting to feel more comfortable with the rooks even if they only average around 50.

Jamie Elliot looks good so far. And is real cheap.

Thoughts?
100k too expensive for me

Same price range as Libba, Miles, Smith, Roberton etc, though they're different positions, they'll comfortably outscore him and be far better value for money

I'd pay 100-200k more and punt on a breakout forward or an underpriced type, Greene for example is only 55k more if he's fit

Have slowly come around to Williams as a legitimate option, and is currently sitting D4. Do people think he can become a keeper (90+) though?

I'm seeing a lot of yukko 70s in his most recent completed seasons (highest avg 83), and really as much as returning from injury, picking him now is also betting on him breaking out a bit.

He seems awkwardly placed between Newman, McGrath, Mills breakout potential breakout keepers and the genuine midprice cash-cow types i.e. Smith, Roberton, Hanley.

Is he a discounted version of the former or a pricier version of the latter? Hoping JLT2 will shed more light.

Have slowly come around to Williams as a legitimate option, and is currently sitting D4. Do people think he can become a keeper (90+) though?

I'm seeing a lot of yukko 70s in his most recent completed seasons (highest avg 83), and really as much as returning from injury, picking him now is also betting on him breaking out a bit.

He seems awkwardly placed between Newman, McGrath, Mills breakout potential breakout keepers and the genuine midprice cash-cow types i.e. Smith, Roberton, Hanley.

Is he a discounted version of the former or a pricier version of the latter? Hoping JLT2 will shed more light.
im overlooking him in RDT as think he is in that no mans land ouse suggested. He won't be a bad pick as will make money and be a lower priority upgrade but prefer to use those $$ elsewhere at this point.

I think Laird, Lloyd and prob Whitfield crack 100.
Sicily, Witherden may well also but likely go high 90s.
That 6th defender spot is probably pretty open so an ave of 90 probably does do enough to be fine for D6.

Priced at 66, a conservative 85 is still 20 upside - in that case he is solid but prob becomes D7 at best ideally and likely traded out.
90 gives that 25 upside that you'd want, is a low level keeper so if you went with only clear top 5 players as above him then you'd be happy with that.

I wouldn't go him plus any of those Newman.McGrath/Mills types a to be a true success you then need them both to be pushing out a top 6 incumbent

If you see any of those cheaper guys as matching that low 90 ave then again id say stick to them

I continue to change my squad from up to 8 mid pricers, down to 4 and now back to 6. Currently have both Williams and Smith in defence as I feel they are both capable of being keepers. Not saying they both will but are capable of. At worst, they increase their buying average by 20+ and get upgraded later. I’m confident that one of them will remain as my D6.

He's not playing JLT2. So you basically need to make a decision off what you've seen thus far, which isn't much.

I've put a big black line through McGrath. Hasn't shown enough for me and doesn't look like he will be a dominant midfielder and score really well this year. He might increase his average slightly from what he's priced at, but nowhere near enough to warrant picking him in my starting side.
Fair enough

Might be a year too early

I can't afford him at the moment anyway in my current structure

Leaning towards just Smith and Roberton currently, though Cousins could force his way in if the midfield rookie situation takes a hit before round 1 plus if it looks like he's best 22 for the Hawks. Need to see his role playing with JOM and Shiels as it seems he's being groomed for an inside mid role.

Aside from that, just looking around for value premiums, Lynch, Boak, Sloane on the radar in this regard

Fair enough

Might be a year too early

I can't afford him at the moment anyway in my current structure

Leaning towards just Smith and Roberton currently, though Cousins could force his way in if the midfield rookie situation takes a hit before round 1 plus if it looks like he's best 22 for the Hawks. Need to see his role playing with JOM and Shiels as it seems he's being groomed for an inside mid role.

Aside from that, just looking around for value premiums, Lynch, Boak, Sloane on the radar in this regard

Cousins has been in my team since Titch went down, and won't be leaving. Should be a fairly consistent scorer

Cousins has been in my team since Titch went down, and won't be leaving. Should be a fairly consistent scorer
what do you expect? has found his way into my team at M5 in place of Hall. As long as his JS is strong im happy to roll the way. Would be hoping for above 80 average though

what do you expect? has found his way into my team at M5 in place of Hall. As long as his JS is strong im happy to roll the way. Would be hoping for above 80 average though

I'm a little more conservative, and would be happy with 75, which i think he should be able to make. Hes a natural accumulator at VFL (and junior level), and should be in a pretty friendly role at the Hawks with good JS.

I've currently got him at M7, though I'm more loaded in the mids than elsewhere

Edit: No Dan Howe in Round 1 (not sure what's going on there, club has been very quiet on him) only strengthens Cousins JS. He's essentially an overpriced rookie at his price, and for his maturity (3rd year in the system), role and JS (very solid) and game I think he's a pretty solid pick.

Guaranteed will play with Shiels and JOM as a ball winner?

Nothing is guarenteed, but he's been earmarked early to be given first crack. I'd say the Hawks brain-trust will give him a run of games to see if he's up to it, rather than making a knee-jerk reaction after a single down game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Don't Pay The Perryman as a cheaper alternative to Zilliams? Scored pretty well for his price last week with 0 tackles and added 7 today for a nice 88. More than just a mid priced trappa-trappa-trappa?

giphy.gif

What position is he playing?

Anyone see the GC game yesterday?
Hanley with a big 1st and 3nd, -2 in the 2nd.

54 from 54% TOG.
I had him in my team until the past week and still in calculations.

Considering Witherden to him to use cash elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back