2019 Mid Pricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you're still going to have to do something with him at some point. Whereas you could get someone in cheaper who might be able to push up to that 85 mark (a Brodie Smith for example) and then use that extra $100k on getting another player up to a super premium for example.
I have Smith as well. If people want a GnR squad then you wouldn't take him but I believe he offers great value as a mid priced player?
I think I could do better.
Ditto

where are people sitting on ridley and cousins?

either/both worth the premium? at this stage i look more likely on ridley than cousins but could have neither if rookies fall ok (and will probably pocket a decent amount of spare change enabling me to grab 1 if needed after rd 2 or if my selections look ok use toward my 1st upgrade to get that done sooner

either/both worth the premium? at this stage i look more likely on ridley than cousins but could have neither if rookies fall ok (and will probably pocket a decent amount of spare change enabling me to grab 1 if needed after rd 2 or if my selections look ok use toward my 1st upgrade to get that done sooner

To me they are essentially still rookies (both are still eligible for the RS) and so picking them is the equivalent of jumping on a rookie after a few price rises during the year-- you'd want to be pretty confident they can get up to $500k quickly, and doing that now is without any knowledge of how their rolling average is looking.

They both have the JS of a rookie too I'd say. Cousins maybe a little more likely to get a run at it but Clarkson is hard to trust.

I have them both in my plans for Supercoach. I don't like their prices in RDT.

To me they are essentially still rookies (both are still eligible for the RS) and so picking them is the equivalent of jumping on a rookie after a few price rises during the year-- you'd want to be pretty confident they can get up to $500k quickly, and doing that now is without any knowledge of how their rolling average is looking.

They both have the JS of a rookie too I'd say. Cousins maybe a little more likely to get a run at it but Clarkson is hard to trust.

Thats probably how I'm sitting at the moment.

In def if 4 of Duursma, Clarke, Scrimshaw, Marsh, Hore are picked they get the nod over Ridley. If not he comes into calculations

Cousins comes into the mix if Walsh, Butters, Scott, Constable, Atkins or Gibbons miss and not other viable alternative comes in.
I think both will probably make similar $$ to the worst of those guys (as they would be the ones dropping out for either of them) so would be happy to sub them for cash generation but not comfortable paying the price unless needed.

When you factor in inflation between both formats, their starting values are pretty similar actually

10m salary cap in Supercoach
12.76m or something in DT

Darcy Moore in a similar boat here too price wise

When you factor in inflation between both formats, their starting values are pretty similar actually

10m salary cap in Supercoach
12.76m or something in DT

Darcy Moore in a similar boat here too price wise

Cousins and Walsh are virtual the same price in SC. In RDT Cousins is $40,000 more.

We're batting deep and gone heavy in mids this year so as I very comfortable having Cousins looked in @M7. I think he's a significantly stronger chance to hit the 100s and do it a lot more often than all of the rookies available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back