Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Crouch has potential but he's at an awkward price, will require an upgrade, has Sloane, Crouch and Squib and if all fully fit can go large so too risky for me. I was more confident that Cogs last season could be carried through most if not all of the season and average 105+, not as confident with with Brouch

Take it from a Crows supporter who has monitored him - don't waste your time, delete him from your memory. We need to be conservative with him. I expect his minutes to be managed coming in and the odd rest. Thats if he doesnt have another setback, which he's had plenty off.

Cogs had a full pre season and played towards the back end of the season.

Hey Doss, I'd like to select Irving in my supercoach team, but I'm scared if I only have him on the bench I may be accused of being racist, I await your reply under advice.

Take it from a Crows supporter who has monitored him - don't waste your time, delete him from your memory. We need to be conservative with him. I expect his minutes to be managed coming in and the odd rest. Thats if he doesnt have another setback, which he's had plenty off.

Cogs had a full pre season and played towards the back end of the season.
I wouldn't right him off .....a week off in a long pre-season really shouldn't impact your selection of Brad ...and no, I don't expect his match minutes to be managed, IMO that's just a supporters view that has lost confidence in Brad's body & injury run

I reckon you can only pick one or two injury prone midfielders and Fyfe has the potential to go 130. Fyfe gets injured in the first few rounds and it’s an easy sideways trade, if Crouch does it’s a headache. Liber and Miles are much better options for me.

I reckon you can only pick one or two injury prone midfielders and Fyfe has the potential to go 130. Fyfe gets injured in the first few rounds and it’s an easy sideways trade, if Crouch does it’s a headache. Liber and Miles are much better options for me.
Are you writing off Hanners then ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There ya go! Didn’t know that. I just don’t trust him. Think that these days Crouch and Liber have just as much upside and their injuries are atleast impact ones. I dunno, maybe I’m just trying to find reasons not to pick Hannebery.
He's in my Draft side ......but i can see your POV & will be closely watching him in the JLT ......lets hope the Saints give him enough minutes for us to assess him

I'm locking in Cripps and Oliver, after that I'm open to anything

Currently have Fyfe, Kelly and Treloar as well

How serious is Merrett’s injury? Averaged 113 over the last ten, is as consistent as someone like Lachie Neale and is pretty underpriced IMO

Have a feeling Shiel is going to have his best year SC-wise too.

I wouldn't right him off .....a week off in a long pre-season really shouldn't impact your selection of Brad ...and no, I don't expect his match minutes to be managed, IMO that's just a supporters view that has lost confidence in Brad's body & injury run

We all know he’s capable of being a premium but there’s too many red flags. At 420k the risk is higher than the reward. After a year off I doubt he performs at his peak off the bat

How serious is Merrett’s injury? Averaged 113 over the last ten, is as consistent as someone like Lachie Neale and is pretty underpriced IMO

Have a feeling Shiel is going to have his best year SC-wise too.

He was taken off on a golf cart which sounds terrible. I think they said a 1 month injury, so have to wait.

What’s everyone’s throughts on that campaigner Beams now he’s back at his old club. I like him as an option and maybe a POD. Could be in for a big year if he stays injury free

Will be Pies highest averaging mid but won't play 20+ games.

What’s everyone’s throughts on that campaigner Beams now he’s back at his old club. I like him as an option and maybe a POD. Could be in for a big year if he stays injury free
Came here to talk about Beams also. Think he is a great pick and at his price I'm surprised more haven't locked him in. Can see him having a big year back at the Pies. Doubt very much he cops a tag and will find plenty of the cherry and can sneak fwd for a few handy sausage rolls

Did some quick research yesterday in a response to point sharing at teams and this is what I came accross.

Since 2010, including finals with a minimum of 5 games, a maximum of 5 players have averaged over 100 for a team in the season. This has occurred 8 times:
Geelong (2018) – Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan and Hawkins
Carlton (2016) – Docherty, Cripps, Simpson, Curnow and Murphey
GWS (2015) – Shaw, Treloar, Ward, Mumford and Shiel
Sydney (2014) – JPK, Parker, Jack, Malceski and Franklin
Richmond (2012) – Deledio, Cotchin, Tuck, Maric and Foley
West Coast (2012) – NicNat, Cox, Priddis, Shuey and S.Selwood
Fremantle (2011) – Sandilands, Fyfe, Mundy, Pavlich and Griffin
St Kilda (2010) – Goddard, Montagna, Hayes, Riewoldt and Dal Santo

4 players from a team have averaged over 100 on 23 occasions over the same time. So on average, we should only expect 3.4 teams a season have 4 or 5 players averaging over 100.

Collingwood will probably be one of those teams, but history would suggest that at least one of Grundy, Adams, Pendles, Beams, Treloar and Sidebottom will miss.

Since the inception of SuperCoach, the most ever 100+ averages for a season is 6 which has occurred 3 times. Geelong (2007/2009) and Brisbane (2007).

Thoughts on Seb Ross? Seems to incrementally increase his average each year, but an awkward price at 550k. Would need to average 110+

Huge POD if it came off.

Berry averaged 90 over the last 10 rounds and I think he could be a big improver too. 95-100 avg on the cards and another huge POD

Thoughts on Seb Ross? Seems to incrementally increase his average each year, but an awkward price at 550k. Would need to average 110+

Huge POD if it came off.

Berry averaged 90 over the last 10 rounds and I think he could be a big improver too. 95-100 avg on the cards and another huge POD

My worry with Ross is his first 8 weeks were 113, 98, 105, 55, 160, 86, 107, 68. Yo yo. Can go big (150+ scores) but you need to rely on him doing so to get that 102 average, let alone 110.

I am strongly considering Berry and the Clug. Both ooze star ability to me. Just hard to assess when the on field eye test translates into SC scores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back