Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't doubt his ability to score, just staying on the park.
Usually I go for injury risk players over scoring risk players, but he seems to be on another level of injury prone.
If it's any indication, the Crows didn't rest him at all ....he played the full game

You'd expect a club to maybe give him a half & rest him, if they had any concerns

Why not both? :think:
R14 Byes ....already have Cripps R14

I'll have to see how the total bye breakup looks .....and it depends I guess whether you choosing as keepers or planning to upgrade them

M.Crouch V Martin ....which one Andrew?

R14 Byes ....already have Cripps R14

I'll have to see how the total bye breakup looks .....and it depends I guess whether you choosing as keepers or planning to upgrade them

M.Crouch V Martin ....which one Andrew?

I haven't made a team this year without both. If I had to choose...MCrouch

almost 30 possies a game yet only 8.4 were contested. Yuk.

Lol it has more to do with the bulldogs having bontempelli, mcrea playing inside though. Think mcrea averages around 13 only one football.

Josh Kelly and gaff average around 8 a game.

102 average is close to elite that's 28th in the league last season. Bontempelli only averages 10.8 contested a game.

Haha super critical man you are, the numbers have consumed you lol

I haven't made a team this year without both. If I had to choose...MCrouch

Dustin Martin comfortably with the rule changes. With Tom Lynch and Riewoldt in the side will spend more time in the midfield.

Dustin Martin's ceiling is much higher

I imagine a lot of people have preconceived ideas about Hunter because he was a seagul early on. Most labeled Macrae a seagul until last year when he’s been an inside beast since 2015.

Hunter is a really good player. Probably only have Gaff, Hill and Smith ahead of him as wingers in the league. But when you think that Adams, Sloane, Merrett, Crouch are all cheaper it’s hard to pick him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am picking Bontempelli because I don't see a risk in him.

Worse case (barring injury - as for all players) is I overpay slightly for a slightly less M8 (564k for a bloke averaging 105).

2015 - 20 games @ 103.2
2016 - 22 games @ 107.7
2017 - 22 games @ 105.1
2018 - 19 games @ 104.0

Durable. Consistent. In my opinion priced at his base - 104 (with a lot of forward time and a dodgy hip)

Reward aspect - he plays more midfield time (as he did at the end of 2018 and throughout 2016), gets more points from disposals and tackles, and that average only needs a 4-5 point increase to become a good pick, while having the potential to explode.

Has been my first picked player the last couple of years, but was looking to avoid him this season due to what I considered better value elsewhere. Seeing him move so freely around the park at AFLX the other night completely changed my mind. He looked like he lacked pace and agility in the seasons following the premiership. Friday night was as good as I have seen him move since then.

Has been my first picked player the last couple of years, but was looking to avoid him this season due to what I considered better value elsewhere. Seeing him move so freely around the park at AFLX the other night completely changed my mind. He looked like he lacked pace and agility in the seasons following the premiership. Friday night was as good as I have seen him move since then.

So because he "moved" well in a novelty kids game, you're going to ditch your plans and start him?

Think with your head, not your small chol :eggplant: :moustache:

So because he "moved" well in a novelty kids game, you're going to ditch your plans and start him?

Billings locked.

CEE1F5FF-1966-4CC9-A316-922B89FFFE67.jpeg

Well as pointed out, he has still averaged over 100 every season but his output recently has stagnated somewhat due to obvious discomfort somewhere. He looked quite one paced last season and in some games really struggled to hit another gear. The other night he looked quicker and more agile than he has in a while despite there being no need for it (due the novelty kids game as you mentioned). Chucking him in at M3 saves me 50k as well.

Well as pointed out, he has still averaged over 100 every season but his output recently has stagnated somewhat due to obvious discomfort somewhere. He looked quite one paced last season and in some games really struggled to hit another gear. The other night he looked quicker and more agile than he has in a while despite there being no need for it (due the novelty kids game as you mentioned). Chucking him in at M3 saves me 50k as well.

Just busting your chops old sport, i ALSO have him at M3

D9SH.gif

Bont/MCrouch/Dusty/Zerrett all tempting in that price range.

Currently running with:
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Dusty & Miles

Would prefer a Bont/Crouch type for Miles, even Steele/Brayshaw.

Just busting your chops old sport, i ALSO have him at M3

D9SH.gif
I thought his biggest issue was that the dogs don't have a forward line and too many midfielders, so he'll spend 30-40% game time languishing up forward.

I thought his biggest issue was that the dogs don't have a forward line and too many midfielders, so he'll spend 30-40% game time languishing up forward.
+1.

Same as SexyRobbie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back