Position 2019 Midfielders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
In an effort to back up MPM with some kind of logic, let's crowdsource the season averages for the following JLT midfield wonders (I'll start, please replace with your own and anyone you think should get a look in):

Walsh = 70 - 85
Cousins = 65 - 80
Libba = 80 - 95
Sheed = 90 - 96
Rocky = 100 - 110
BCrouch = 100 - 110
Steele = 110
Brayshaw = 110 - 115+
Sloane = 105 - 115
Zerrett = 100 - 115+
All best case scenarios

Metapod

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Brayshaw a must have this year? Is looking very impressive.
Thinking of flicking Macrae > Brayshaw and getting another fwd/back premo. Would leave me with a starting midfield of Cripps, Oliver, Brayshaw, MCrouch, BCrouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters...

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Thinking of flicking Macrae > Brayshaw and getting another fwd/back premo. Would leave me with a starting midfield of Cripps, Oliver, Brayshaw, MCrouch, BCrouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters...
Would it be a risk running two premiums from the same team though? (Brayshaw and Oliver)

stevebbb

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Fluminense; Blue Jays
Definitely not a must have, but very very tempting at his price. If I could fit in another mid premo, I'd get Gus in a heartbeat

That midfield looks fine, I just think Macrae is going to go nuts again. I have done that trade myself a few times, but the $170k or whatever it gets me isn't enough to really improve another line, just rookie upgrades

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Definitely not a must have, but very very tempting at his price. If I could fit in another mid premo, I'd get Gus in a heartbeat

That midfield looks fine, I just think Macrae is going to go nuts again. I have done that trade myself a few times, but the $170k or whatever it gets me isn't enough to really improve another line, just rookie upgrades
Had just tweaked a few bits and pieces to squeeze in Macrae in at M1 (have Rockliff at M6 now) whilst only having 3 genuine keepers forward now.

stevebbb

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Had just tweaked a few bits and pieces to squeeze in Macrae in at M1 (have Rockliff at M6 now) whilst only having 3 genuine keepers forward now.
Hopefully we get all the rookies we want come round 1 team selections. If we get screwed we'll all need to restructure our teams
I currently have a super weak backline

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hopefully we get all the rookies we want come round 1 team selections. If we get screwed we'll all need to restructure our teams
I currently have a super weak backline
Who are you running with D1 - D4? Feel it's chook lotto this year but is going to be where SC is won and lost this year whoever nails it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metapod

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond

It’s mighty tempting! In my case I have 120k, so the saving brings bank up to ~300k which I could play with turning a rook into an underpriced premo

stevebbb

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Who are you running with D1 - D4? Feel it's chook lotto this year but is going to be where SC is won and lost this year whoever nails it
Mills, Williams and Smith
Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma
(McKay, Hore)

If they get games, I think Scrimshaw, Clark and Duursma can score as well as Collins, Moore, maybe even Ridley, so at this stage for me, it's worth the risk

But if JS is very dodgy leading into round 1 and the team selections hurt me, I'll shuffle things around and bring in Whitfield

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Crossing Steele off?

Finished off last year better than Brayshaw who you have as the best performer on that list.

Why don't you rate him at all?
I dunno. Just don't see a slow negating midfielder who seems to rely more on inside contested work and tackles than run and spread that others could supply.

Just me

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I dunno. Just don't see a slow negating midfielder who seems to rely more on inside contested work and tackles than run and spread that others could supply.

Just me
Fair enough, reports say Steele is looking to improve his offense this year as well.
I prefer the contested beasts for SC.
With the outsides in for DT.

AFL Club
Melbourne

Thing that has me worried is that out of all our mids he's the most taggable as you're not really gonna stop Clayton from winning contested pill or Viney.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns

Just me
Reminds me of JPK tbh who went

51 (5)
81 (10)
81 (22)
96 (22)
119.6 (22)

Steele has gone:
63 (7)
64 (10)
91 (20)
94 (21)
???? (??)

;)

pulpdriver

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who do we think are going to be the top 10 midfielders this year?
If I were to guess I'd say Dangerfield, Macrae, Cripps, Kelly, Oliver, Coniglio, Yeo, Neale, Brayshaw, Jelwood

Fyfe and Beams could probably end up with a higher average per game than some of those guys but also miss quite a few games each.

Top Bottom