Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Could all the people posting that Macrae absolutely, definitely, positively won't fall this year be sure to post some quotes about Rockliff prior to the 2015 season. Just to be sure that the crystal balls are on the level.

I think Macrae is fine and all but there really are a wealth of quality midfield options that could score really well. Macrae has only scored at that level once so there is risk there. Its much harder to turn down Gawn, Grundy or Dangerfield because in those respective roles there is no one close to being as good, in the midfield that's not true. Who is to say that Macrae will even score more than Cripps or Fyfe or Coniglio etc.

If you don't have Gawn/Grundy, start again

If Williams is your D2, start Macrae.

If Toby Greene is in your team, start again

If you have Libba instead of Rockliff, Brouch or Sheed, then start Macrae

If you have two mid price mids, then also start Macrae.

You can't go wrong starting him. I just don't think he is unattainable. It will only take a couple of back-to-back 105s for him to come crashing downprice and I don't think that's such a big risk.

Just a couple of edits.

Second guessing myself on a couple of my current midfielders. I can downgrade Libba to a rookie and upgrade Rockliff to a genuine premo.

I like what Rocky and Libba could do but they are scaring the s*** out of me. Hope it works out for once lol
You're are not alone, my team is something similar to my preferred team but the changes due to preseason injury/lack of rookies scare the bejezus outta me.
Back your gut til rookies show up bruvs...HOLD.

You're are not alone, my team is something similar to my preferred team but the changes due to preseason injury/lack of rookies scare the bejezus outta me.
Back your gut til rookies show up bruvs...HOLD.
Im not as bullish on all these midfield rookies as many others are so probably stick with my current structure.

Second guessing myself on a couple of my current midfielders. I can downgrade Libba to a rookie and upgrade Rockliff to a genuine premo.

I like what Rocky and Libba could do but they are scaring the s*** out of me. Hope it works out for once lol

I'd be more concerned at what crap scores the mid rookies (apart from Walsh) will dish out or worse still get dropped after 1 or 2 games. I figure I can always downgrade one and upgrade the other if Rocky and Libba don't work out.

The difference being Danger was coming off a poor preseason with injury and was still in doubt leading up to rd1.

Macrae is peaking and shows no signs of dropping off. I wouldn’t be expecting a big price drop if you’re choosing to upgrade later.

I don't remember this at all. In fact, I went back and had a look at as many pre-season threads re: Danger I could find, none mentioned it. Articles regarding Fantasy or Supercoach didn't mention it either. He averaged 87.8% TOG in the first 6 rounds of 2017.

As i said before, people wishing Macrae will drop or not average as much this year and hope to get him later.....look at Danger in 2016 and leading into 2017.

From get go he had people chasing him and kept going to not only increase average but also price and those first few weeks would have given those with him a good advantage. Not saying comparing the two against each other, but in terms of slowing down, there is always this risk and after seeing him in JLT he is gonna kick off where he finished. He will be in your side at one point, so what's the bigger risk? Start and hope he falls, or start and enjoy his scores with no issues of chasing if need be.

After starting the year at 716k he was down to 560k after 8, averaging 114.

He's also a lot better and at the time a lot more accomplished than Macrae. I think the case is different anyway, but even if in exact circumstances, it still shows pretty decent evidence that Macrae is likely to drop. Even a plateau of 127 with scores ranging between 110-150 would have him dropping 40k - but throw in one sub 80 score and you're looking at an 80k drop in the first 7 rounds.

I don't remember this at all. In fact, I went back and had a look at as many pre-season threads re: Danger I could find, none mentioned it. Articles regarding Fantasy or Supercoach didn't mention it either. He averaged 87.8% TOG in the first 6 rounds of 2017.

He's also a lot better and at the time a lot more accomplished than Macrae. I think the case is different anyway, but even if in exact circumstances, it still shows pretty decent evidence that Macrae is likely to drop. Even a plateau of 127 with scores ranging between 110-150 would have him dropping 40k - but throw in one sub 80 score and you're looking at an 80k drop in the first 7 rounds.

I have little doubt Macrae drops. The question of wether u start depends on who u pick to replace and also what also do with the money saved. If averages 115 early on bit provides u with a great captain score then maybe he was still worth the outlay. But if replacement matches or gets close to him and upgrade a rookie elsewhere to a mid pricer which is what I have and they do well also then u have a positive net gain by not starting him. Im still tempted by him but my team has better balance without if those players I picked score how I think they will. I also have extra money left in the bank (70k) without him that I can use for corrective trades. Maybe a little more than I like but honestly dont know where to spend it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m talking about 2018. He had a hamstring injury in JLT as well as a bad back.

Edit: just re read savdog post and realized he was talking about the 2017 season. My bad.

Last edited:
Macrae's ceiling is just too good to ignore for mine. CD loved the kent last year. It was disgusting. Get a captain on that sumbitch and watch him shine.

142, 141, 189, 157, 177, 147, 153, 163 - 8 scores over 140

As for Dangerspud

158, 160, 187 - 3 scores over 140, also has a little chol and likes AFLX :moustache:

Macrae's ceiling is just too good to ignore for mine. CD loved the kent last year. It was disgusting. Get a captain on that sumbitch and watch him shine.

142, 131, 141, 189, 157, 177, 131, 147, 153, 163 - 10 scores over 130

As for Dangerspud

130, 135, 137, 133, 158, 132, 160, 187 - 8 scores over 130, also has a little chol and likes AFLX :moustache:
SHUT.THE.*.UP

SSSHHHHHH HES OVERPRICED AND WILL BE 400K IN WEEK 4

What the mid rookies looking like? I've currently got Walsh at 6 and normal priced rookies filling out the rest of my midfield

Does anyone have Cousins? What are peoples thoughts on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back