Position 2019 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I agree there is .....but not with Macrae, IMHO Libba will help Macrae
I thought Macrae was more an outside player before, but went more inside when Libba went down?
I mean he's a gun and can play both inside and out, but won't he be more on the wing with players like Libba, Dunkley, Wallis, McLean etc on the inside?
Also will teams tag him or Bont? Will Bont still play fwd or more mid?

I thought Macrae was more an outside player before, but went more inside when Libba went down?
I mean he's a gun and can play both inside and out, but won't he be more on the wing with players like Libba, Dunkley, Wallis, McLean etc on the inside?
Also will teams tag him or Bont? Will Bont still play fwd or more mid?
I thought he was more outside, but watching him, he was getting a lot of ball in close ......was a really hard matchup because he was going inside & out .....and covered a lot of ground

I thought last year, he may have just had a "purple patch" of form ......but watching him, nah he's matured into a very good footballer, who's hard to tag

Why is Macrae risky though ? ......everyone scrambled to try and get him last year ......and unfortunately I did as well ....oh the memories are flooding back :'(:'(
The dogs have so many mids this year that I can't see all of them going well and I think they'll all rotate around a lot. I can see Macrae getting sent back to his old role on the wings with time resting forward. To me its better to just wait and see on Macrae and try to get him cheaper at some point

You can put a question mark on every player if really try hard enough.
You’ve got to put some sort of faith in something or you’ll just round in circles

You can put a question mark on every player if really try hard enough.
You’ve got to put some sort of faith in something or you’ll just round in circles
#outlier
Agree, but form over a longer period is SC gold, would we all have picked Sam Reid at 104 SC ave in 1 game last year?

#outlier
Agree, but form over a longer period is SC gold, would we all have picked Sam Reid at 104 SC ave in 1 game last year?

Titch only had two years of premium scoring at Hawthorn to rely on.
Macrae is one year younger than him and has comparable numbers after each season.
Titch had one breakout year at Hawthorn and was readily picked by most people, yet Macrae isn’t??

FWIW, I’m not replacing titch with macrae atm.

Macrae is one year younger than him and has comparable numbers after each season.
Titch had one breakout year at Hawthorn and was readily picked by most people, yet Macrae isn’t??

Titch would have started his premium years earlier if the Swannies gave him more game time I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Titch had to work his way into a team chocca block full of premo mids, in his early years.
Macrae has more competition coming back, not saying he's a bad pick at all, just at this stage hoping I can get him cheaper.

I can see a case for both picking Macrae and not picking him.

If he starts off like he did last year then it’s basically gonna be impossible to get him in.. and he has shown he can have big months.

But with Fyfe/Sloane/Merrett/Beams/Martin/Crouch so underpriced there’s plenty of value in the mids.

I’m not starting him at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back