AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
I've only just realized these averages (games) for Miles

2014 -100 (12)
2015 - 97.5 (22)
2016 - 90 (19)

2017 only played 5 games, 2018 just the one.

He's also married and halfway through a teaching degree, bloke has his head screwed on tight.

Currently in my team, worth a punt imo.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've avoided him in the past, but old mate Libba looks the goods this year. Went for a Europe trip last year for a bit of soul searching without parties and hookers, and by all reports it's matured him. Also taking a creative writing course, which he says has helped his mental health. Reckon he's in for a big year. At his pissweak price, he's an absolute lock.

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone liking Treloar? Underpriced cos of his injury last year. Was impressive before that.
our little secret.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Jack Steele my likely POD in the middle. Like I posted in the defender thread I may get suckered into a good run at the backend of the year - but Steele finished the year with 4 games over 120 in his last 7, 2 of which were 140+, and also just missed out on a 5th with a 118.

There's some pretty huge numbers in there.

Probably won't finish in the top 10 (Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Coniglio, Martin, Oliver, Kelly, Gaff, Neale, and a Pie - take pick from Pendlebury, Treloar, even Adams - all likely to average over 108) but if I get a 108 average from him which I think he can do I'll take that at a 512k price. Top 15 definitely not out of his reach.

Plays a SC friendly style (Josh Kennedy tier) and think the addition of Hannebery will only help him by increasing the effectiveness of the Saints midfield. I really liked the game he played v Cripps - Cripps won the overall battle in terms of numbers, but Steele wasn't just about the tag, it was about making sure Cripps was accountable at stoppages. Steele was ready to get to Cripps if the ball went that way but was also ready to go and get it himself. These roles on the oppositions best mid are ideal.

Jack Steele my likely POD in the middle. Like I posted in the defender thread I may get suckered into a good run at the backend of the year - but Steele finished the year with 4 games over 120 in his last 7, 2 of which were 140+, and also just missed out on a 5th with a 118.

Probably won't finish in the top 10 (Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Coniglio, Martin, Oliver, Kelly, Gaff, Neale, and a Pie - take pick from Pendlebury, Treloar, even Adams - all likely to average over 108) but if I get a 108 average from him which I think he can do I'll take that at a 512k price. Top 15 definitely not out of his reach.

Plays a SC friendly style (Josh Kennedy tier) and think the addition of Hannebery will only help him by increasing the effectiveness of the Saints midfield. I really liked the game he played v Cripps - Cripps won the overall battle in terms of numbers, but Steele wasn't just about the tag, it was about making sure Cripps was accountable at stoppages. Steele was ready to get to Cripps if the ball went that way but was also ready to go and get it himself. These roles on the oppositions best mid are ideal.

You make a solid case for Mr Steele.

Interesting

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tim Taranto is tempting my chol.

Worst case, i waste a spot on someone who'll average 95-100, but BEST CASE.... :tophat::partypooper::moneybag:

Picks like Taranto & Steele is what makes SC fun. You guys will have genuine POD's that can potentially go 110+ this year. I try to save one spot for a premium break out contender each year just to make it interesting. This year I'll most likely go with Gus Brayshaw as my M5 thinking he can make the leap to a top tier midfield premo. Hope TT & Steele serve you both well if you end up backing your gut feels.

Picks like Taranto & Steele is what makes SC fun. You guys will have genuine POD's that can potentially go 110+ this year. I try to save one spot for a premium break out contender each year just to make it interesting. This year I'll most likely go with Gus Brayshaw as my M5 thinking he can make the leap to a top tier midfield premo. Hope TT & Steele serve you both well if you end up backing your gut feels.
Brad Crouch is my POD this year. If healthy I have no doubt he’ll go 105-115 avg

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

Absolutely agree!

There's a few who have been there done that and could well be underpriced top 10 mids (Sloane, Merrett, M.Crouch, Martin), a few mid pricers who could be stepping stones (Hannebery, B.Crouch, Miles, Liberatore), and then the speculative guys who could make the jump - Taranto, Steele, O`Meara, Brayshaw.

Really, each and every one of those guys could have solid arguments made for them. And then you have to consider the elite ones - Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Kelly, Neale etc.

Personally I would love to pick all 4 of Taranto (ready to make the Josh Kelly jump), Steele (ready to become a contested beast), O`Meara (former most talented first year I had seen, starting to show glimpses again), and Brayshaw (absolutely flew home, beast, over concussion issues). Each will be my M5 in pre season at some stage and my prediction is one will end up averaging 110+ and be in the top 10, with 1 or 2 others in the top 20. 1 (or 2) won't do quite as well as expected. Who will be which? That's the fun!

Brad Crouch is my POD this year. If healthy I have no doubt he’ll go 105-115 avg
A favourite of mine aswell. Just doesn’t fit into my current structure - Libba @ M5 instead

All i know is when it's round 15 and i'm not making up ground fast enough on the leaders because we have too many of the same player, i get pissed off.

It's much more exciting going for POD's and speculative picks. Yes it's risky and clearly can backfire in your face, particularly if you're overall season is shot and you're just playing for league wins, but it adds to the excitement.

Every year i finish up around the top 2k, clearly i need to tweak a few things otherwise the same s**t is going to happen again.

Basically what i'm saying is that i'm starting Billings gaiz :toilet: :moustache:

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda

tenor-34.gif

He was on my quiet list blabbermouth! :mad: :moustache:

Averaged 111.7 post bye rounds when he made the run with role his own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back